Spring Quarterback Competition

Because if there was any truth to that, it wouldn't support your whole Pro-Bo- Anti-Riley thing you've got going for yourself.

I would wager you'd struggle to find many "Pro-Bo" quotes from me in 2015. If by "Anti-Riley", you mean my lack of impression with his qualifications to lead Nebraska, you would be correct at this point. I won't mind at all being proven wrong.

OFFENSEQB - Johnny Stanton / Tommy Armstrong

Rememer that prediction? You had him starting over Tommy by the FAU game last year.

that and this http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/topic/73850-overunder-on-new-starters-for-2015-16/&do=findComment&comment=1513943

Not picking on you, but it's almost been funny as I've watched you and Landlord completely jump ship on all these grandiose predictions you guys had for the kid and debated with me about a season ago. Now we're talking about him transferring. I got nothing against him, if the coaches said he was the man, I'd root for him, but many here were crowning the kid and he hadn't even done anything yet.

Screen_Shot_2015_04_05_at_12_29_22_PM.jp

Rememer that prediction? You had him starting over Tommy by the FAU game last year.

that and this http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/topic/73850-overunder-on-new-starters-for-2015-16/&do=findComment&comment=1513943

Not picking on you, but it's almost been funny as I've watched you and Landlord completely jump ship on all these grandiose predictions you guys had for the kid and debated with me about a season ago. Now we're talking about him transferring. I got nothing against him, if the coaches said he was the man, I'd root for him, but many here were crowning the kid and he hadn't even done anything yet.

Yep. My predictions were based more based on my observations of TA and how I didn't think he would be a consistent QB. Stanton was the most likely successor at that point so I thought he'd overtake him. I was wrong.

How are your grandiose predictions for TA coming?

Haha! Touche' man +1.

I had pretty much already admitted last year did not live up to expectations. Sadly it doesn't sound like Tommy is immediately flourishing in this new system either.

I just hadn't heard much from you or Landlord about Stanton so I needed to get a little friendly jab in there. Nothing personal.

• Fire 1

Screen_Shot_2015_04_05_at_12_29_22_PM.jp

I was wrong. Good one though. I ate that one didn't I?

Still, at least Tommy did start and play throughout the season. The guy I predicted would be successful is after all, our starting QB. The guy you two predicted to start is now in discussions as a possible transfer.

I can acknowledge, we were both wrong( or at least I have acknowledged I was wrong. You?....not so much). I still hope Tommy can prove he is more though. He's only a junior.

It doesn't matter to me who ultimately wins the battle for quarterback. I expect Riley to develop him and I expect our offensive numbers, which were already good, to get even better. I'm not interested in hearing anything about transitions to another system.....Riley can allegedly adapt to the talent he has. The square peg into a round hole should not be a discussion necessary with this staff.

so what if our offensive numbers go down but we go 12-2 with a ccg appearance and bowl win?

My point is we had some pretty prolific offensive numbers last year but in the grand scheme of things, or when it mattered, it was borderline garbage. The team was mediocre. Just win the games. Win something of substance. I dont give a sh#t if its 45-41 or 7-3.

It doesn't matter to me who ultimately wins the battle for quarterback. I expect Riley to develop him and I expect our offensive numbers, which were already good, to get even better. I'm not interested in hearing anything about transitions to another system.....Riley can allegedly adapt to the talent he has. The square peg into a round hole should not be a discussion necessary with this staff.

so what if our offensive numbers go down but we go 12-2 with a ccg appearance and bowl win?

My point is we had some pretty prolific offensive numbers last year but in the grand scheme of things, or when it mattered, it was borderline garbage. The team was mediocre. Just win the games. Win something of substance. I dont give a sh#t if its 45-41 or 7-3.

What about 45-3?

I'd take 12-2 however Riley got there.

Still, at least Tommy did start and play throughout the season. The guy I predicted would be successful is after all, our starting QB. The guy you two predicted to start is now in discussions as a possible transfer.

I can acknowledge, we were both wrong( or at least I have acknowledged I was wrong. You?....not so much). I still hope Tommy can prove he is more though. He's only a junior.

I don't think I've ever predicted that Johnny would be our starter (could be wrong), but I have been excited about him and thinking he had good potential since he got here, moreso than the other quarterbacks. At the end of the day, none of us ever really know what we're talking about.

First of all, they have to get better if they want better results.

Second, you and I have a different understanding of what is good.

Third, please do not attempt to deceive Husker fans into thinking the offense was "already good". These stats do not back up those words.

BIG TEN FOOTBALL STATS - 8 GAMES

TOTAL OFFENSE

5. Nebraska 389.5

SCORING OFFENSE

4. Nebraska 33.4

RUSHING OFFENSE

6. Nebraska 207.9

RUSH YD PER ATT

6. Nebraska 4.6

PASSING OFFENSE

9. Nebraska 181.6

PASS EFFICIENCY

7. Nebraska 118.2

PASS COMPLETION %

12. Nebraska 49.8

MOST INTERCEPTIONS THROWN

4. Nebraska 9

1ST DOWNS

5. Nebraska 20/G

3RD DOWN CONVERSION

6. Nebraska 38.6

4th DOWN CONVERSION

6. Nebraska 50.0

PENALTIES

9. Nebraska (44) 47.5 YDS/G

TIME OF POSSESSION

8. Nebraska 29.30

RED ZONE

7. Nebraska 86.5

FEWEST SACKS ALLOWED

9. Nebraska 18-104 YDS

http://www.bigten.org/sports/m-footbl/stats/2014-2015/confonly.html

• Fire 1

First of all, they have to get better if they want better results.

Second, you and I have a different understanding of what is good.

Third, please do not attempt to deceive Husker fans into thinking the offense was "already good". These stats do not back up those words.

BIG TEN FOOTBALL STATS - 8 GAMES

TOTAL OFFENSE

5. Nebraska 389.5

SCORING OFFENSE

4. Nebraska 33.4

RUSHING OFFENSE

6. Nebraska 207.9

RUSH YD PER ATT

6. Nebraska 4.6

PASSING OFFENSE

9. Nebraska 181.6

PASS EFFICIENCY

7. Nebraska 118.2

PASS COMPLETION %

12. Nebraska 49.8

MOST INTERCEPTIONS THROWN

4. Nebraska 9

1ST DOWNS

5. Nebraska 20/G

3RD DOWN CONVERSION

6. Nebraska 38.6

4th DOWN CONVERSION

6. Nebraska 50.0

PENALTIES

9. Nebraska (44) 47.5 YDS/G

TIME OF POSSESSION

8. Nebraska 29.30

RED ZONE

7. Nebraska 86.5

FEWEST SACKS ALLOWED

9. Nebraska 18-104 YDS

http://www.bigten.org/sports/m-footbl/stats/2014-2015/confonly.html

I'm good with your first, second and third. Riley needs to make it happen.

I don't think I've ever predicted that Johnny would be our starter (could be wrong), but I have been excited about him and thinking he had good potential since he got here, moreso than the other quarterbacks. At the end of the day, none of us ever really know what we're talking about.

You're right, we don't.

With the way things seem to go around here, Stanton will come out in the Spring game and blow every other QB on the roster out of the water, and perform better in every aspect. He will look like the best runner and thrower on the team, completing 95% of his passes and scoring 5 touchdowns. Instantly the debate will open back up and people will be proclaiming Stanton as the future starter.

And the circle of life continues........

With the way things seem to go around here, Stanton will come out in the Spring game and blow every other QB on the roster out of the water, and perform better in every aspect. He will look like the best runner and thrower on the team, completing 95% of his passes and scoring 5 touchdowns. Instantly the debate will open back up and people will be proclaiming Stanton as the future starter.

And the circle of life continues........

3iTdlHs.gif

• Fire 4