Spring Quarterback Competition

I still get the feeling it's Tommy then AJ then everyone else.

You know it's going to be Tommy. I do however think there is a leash this time around. At least I hope so.

I hope HCMR doesn't play TA only on the fact that he's more experienced and instead goes for the best all round guy regardless of the backlash of playing a guy who hasn't played a snap of college ball.

Agreed. The interesting thing about the spring game and then of course the real season is that some of these guys will just respond better than others plain and simple once they're in the game. They might not be the #1 guy on the depth chart but for whatever reason they'll step up once they're in there. To me it makes guys like Darlington a lot more intriguing. Someone who might not be mentioned as much as say Armstrong or Bush but there he is. Waiting in the shadows so to speak only to surprise fans once he gets his chance. Of course that could be a Johnny Stanton or AJ Bush also.

• Fire 1

It doesn't matter to me who ultimately wins the battle for quarterback. I expect Riley to develop him and I expect our offensive numbers, which were already good, to get even better. I'm not interested in hearing anything about transitions to another system.....Riley can allegedly adapt to the talent he has. The square peg into a round hole should not be a discussion necessary with this staff.

so what if our offensive numbers go down but we go 12-2 with a ccg appearance and bowl win?

My point is we had some pretty prolific offensive numbers last year but in the grand scheme of things, or when it mattered, it was borderline garbage. The team was mediocre. Just win the games. Win something of substance. I dont give a sh#t if its 45-41 or 7-3.

I'd take 12-2 however Riley got there.

If Riley gets to 12-2, Eichorst should send Pelini one of these with his next buyout check.

mac-gift-card.jpg

• Fire 2

It doesn't matter to me who ultimately wins the battle for quarterback. I expect Riley to develop him and I expect our offensive numbers, which were already good, to get even better. I'm not interested in hearing anything about transitions to another system.....Riley can allegedly adapt to the talent he has. The square peg into a round hole should not be a discussion necessary with this staff.

so what if our offensive numbers go down but we go 12-2 with a ccg appearance and bowl win?

My point is we had some pretty prolific offensive numbers last year but in the grand scheme of things, or when it mattered, it was borderline garbage. The team was mediocre. Just win the games. Win something of substance. I dont give a sh#t if its 45-41 or 7-3.

I'd take 12-2 however Riley got there.

If Riley gets to 12-2, Eichorst should send Pelini one of these with his next buyout check.

mac-gift-card.jpg

Perfect