Before Bo Was Hired

After awhile...they just locked the registration and even right now I think the registration is locked...basically its like the same 25 posters that all post the same stuff all the time.

No one has a different opinion on anything.

They don't even have a registration button anymore.

They are really up to date over there at bigredboard. I had never visited there before and this discussion prompted me to check it out. The first two linked headlines......1) Nebraska joins the Big Ten conference and 2) Suh returning for 2009 season.

Holy crap! We are joining the big ten and Suh is coming back?!?!?!

They are really up to date over there at bigredboard. I had never visited there before and this discussion prompted me to check it out. The first two linked headlines......1) Nebraska joins the Big Ten conference and 2) Suh returning for 2009 season.

Yeah! They also have a "fake out" area where they all pretend like they loved NU and what was going on...it was so funny

If you ever read www.bigredboard.com they were basically all against Bo...they also banned anyone that wasn't against Bo. They had some thoughts that I figured were crazy at the time but looking back, some seemed true...That board is still up but it is all closed off to anyone from the "outside" Some of you might have read it or remembered it.

But they had "inside info"

1. Bo hated recruiting: He never visited recruits and was never used as a closer

2. Bo was a hot head: Enough said

They had some other concerns but I can't remember, ColoradoHusker probably remembers.

Seems like I got banned from that board, back in the day...

I think the mod was Trainwreck...and there was some other horrible posters too...

Trainwreck is the owner/administrator of that board. One of his mods was hardcharger, I think Wild Hoss was one also. And it was Wild Hoss that gave his "breakdowns" once a week.

Those names ring a bell.

Here's a prime example of a 'guru' post: http://forum.huskermax.com/vbbs/showthread.php?72624-Food-for-thought&s=a8efbd3310d25154123b8c86bb222353

Note the lack of brevity.

Personally, if I can't get my point across in a sentence or 2, I usually skip it. And I put a premium on jokes, I mean what are we here for anyway? To be entertained! On the rare occassion, If I mistakenly feel an 'epiphany' come over me, I can get up to a paragraph of 'profound sports insight'. Thing is, there isn't a whole lot new under the sun when it comes to sports talk, which makes it insane that guys like Steven A. Smith and Skip Bayliss can make big bucks rambling on and on about nothing most of the time--and that Cari chick just sits there and looks pretty. And people watch it. Unbelievable.

"His and Hers", even worse:

espnradio_hisandhers_300x300.jpg

:hmmph

Lol, who here hasn't been banned from another board? I'll start the list. I'll go on the safe side and only leave room for 5 people on the list.

1. MattyIce

2. 1995 Redux

3. StPaulHusker

4. JJHusker1

5. saunders45

Probably have come close to getting banned here a time or two though.....

Same.

I've never been banned....warned though.

If you ain't ever been banned, it just means you ain't trying.... chuckleshuffle

bigredboard was simply amazing for many reasons...There was some super dork that would "break down" the "game film" each week...saying that he would watch each play like 10 times and examine what the OLine was doing...it was so stupid...

They also had something like 4 different levels of "secret" forums. Lol

Trainwreck was a...well, trainwreck. That guy banned anyone who dared to disagree with him. Posted like he had a chip on his shoulder.

A certain Stockholm syndrome can set in when some one becomes a board admin/moderator. Sometimes.