Before Bo Was Hired

bigredboard was simply amazing for many reasons...There was some super dork that would "break down" the "game film" each week...saying that he would watch each play like 10 times and examine what the OLine was doing...it was so stupid...

Every board has a 'guru', an E.F. Hutton type, who 'knows', more than the average bear, of course, so he thinks--and 'people listen'. The 'guru' doesn't post much, maybe once per week after 'deep reflection' and then offers up his 'expert analysis' often in one big fell swoop, a mega post that 'breaks it down' in extravagant detail--with deliberate tone--insights afforded to the very few like him who 'played the game', 'studied the game', and whatnot. His weekly mega post is received with great anitcipation from the underlings on the board, his followers, who feign and swoon over his obviously 'superior intellect', and they heap praise upon the 'guru' accordingly, though it can be awkward when the 'guru' is totally WRONG, which happens about as frequently as any Ordinary Joe.

Beware the board 'guru'.

That is SOOOO true!

They would even post things like "I can't wait to read what (The name was either Wild Hoss or Harry Truman) thought about the O-Line play"

Exactly. Or, "Oh, 'X', I've been waiting all week for what you were going to say about, 'Y'", yada yada. Haha, there's one board I was reading this last season w the ultimate 'guru', maybe the worst case I've seen. I'll have to think where that one was....oh yeah, was on HuskerMax. You have to pay to play there, too.
RedReign? He gets his info from here.

No. I don't want to name names. Not RedReign, though.
Well there was a poster on this board that got banned after it became known that he was a Badger troll pretending to be a Husker fan that started posting there afterwards and they were gushing over him about all his "info"

bigredboard was simply amazing for many reasons...There was some super dork that would "break down" the "game film" each week...saying that he would watch each play like 10 times and examine what the OLine was doing...it was so stupid...

Every board has a 'guru', an E.F. Hutton type, who 'knows', more than the average bear, of course, so he thinks--and 'people listen'. The 'guru' doesn't post much, maybe once per week after 'deep reflection' and then offers up his 'expert analysis' often in one big fell swoop, a mega post that 'breaks it down' in extravagant detail--with deliberate tone--insights afforded to the very few like him who 'played the game', 'studied the game', and whatnot. His weekly mega post is received with great anitcipation from the underlings on the board, his followers, who feign and swoon over his obviously 'superior intellect', and they heap praise upon the 'guru' accordingly, though it can be awkward when the 'guru' is totally WRONG, which happens about as frequently as any Ordinary Joe.

Beware the board 'guru'.

That is SOOOO true!

They would even post things like "I can't wait to read what (The name was either Wild Hoss or Harry Truman) thought about the O-Line play"

Exactly. Or, "Oh, 'X', I've been waiting all week for what you were going to say about, 'Y'", yada yada. Haha, there's one board I was reading this last season w the ultimate 'guru', maybe the worst case I've seen. I'll have to think where that one was....oh yeah, was on HuskerMax. You have to pay to play there, too.
RedReign? He gets his info from here.

No. I don't want to name names. Not RedReign, though.
Well there was a poster on this board that got banned after it became known that he was a Badger troll pretending to be a Husker fan that started posting there afterwards and they were gushing over him about all his "info"

That's like spy sh*t!

There is also that guy who opens a new post whenever something happens "here's my take on...x" !!!!

And he repeats a bunch of broad statements and confirmation fallacies that are already being discussed in other threads. This poster HAS to have his own thread at the top of the page

HuskerInSunDiego?

There is also that guy who opens a new post whenever something happens "here's my take on...x" !!!!

And he repeats a bunch of broad statements and confirmation fallacies that are already being discussed in other threads. This poster HAS to have his own thread at the top of the page

Sounds similar to the, 'Food for Thought', guy...

They also had something like 4 different levels of "secret" forums. Lol

Trainwreck was a...well, trainwreck. That guy banned anyone who dared to disagree with him. Posted like he had a chip on his shoulder.

Lol, who here hasn't been banned from another board? I'll start the list. I'll go on the safe side and only leave room for 5 people on the list.

1. MattyIce

2. 1995 Redux

3. StPaulHusker

4. JJHusker1

Probably have come close to getting banned here a time or two though.....

Beware the board 'guru'.

Sounds like our very own EZ-E. Some of his disciples still frequent this board.

• Fire 2

If you ever read www.bigredboard.com they were basically all against Bo...they also banned anyone that wasn't against Bo. They had some thoughts that I figured were crazy at the time but looking back, some seemed true...That board is still up but it is all closed off to anyone from the "outside" Some of you might have read it or remembered it.

But they had "inside info"

1. Bo hated recruiting: He never visited recruits and was never used as a closer

2. Bo was a hot head: Enough said

They had some other concerns but I can't remember, ColoradoHusker probably remembers.

Seems like I got banned from that board, back in the day...

I think the mod was Trainwreck...and there was some other horrible posters too...

Trainwreck is the owner/administrator of that board. One of his mods was hardcharger, I think Wild Hoss was one also. And it was Wild Hoss that gave his "breakdowns" once a week.

It was the complete opposite on other boards. I cam here after being banned from another board for criticizing Pelini and posting about how the culture of the program was completely broken.

Lol, who here hasn't been banned from another board? I'll start the list. I'll go on the safe side and only leave room for 5 people on the list.

1. MattyIce

I've been banned from two boards in my whole life. Both huskerboards, one, bigredboard, all kinds of people got banned from that one. The other one, I stood up for myself against a mod that liked to call himself "the hammer" and got banned for it.

1. MattyIce

2. 1995 Redux

3. StPaulHusker

4. JJHusker1

5. saunders45

Same.

1. MattyIce

2. 1995 Redux

3. StPaulHusker

4. JJHusker1

5. saunders45

Same.

I've never been banned....warned though.