Coach Hughes

remember the few times in the last couple years when Bo would unleash the defense for a quarter or half and just play like madmen and get results?? we might just see this all year.

Was that Bo doing that? Or the players just going rogue for a quarter?

Serious question. Cuz when you see a Wisconsin running the exact same play in the 4th for 20 yard gains as they were in the 2nd, it's pretty obvious the coach never changed sh#t. Really brings to perspective the playmaking ability of Lavonte David and Suh and whether or not they were actually within the scheme or not.

I remember the 2013 Northwestern game Bo admitted to putting it on the players and asking them what they wanted to do. They basically were in shutdown mode for the rest of the game, and seemed improved for the remainder of the season.
  • Fire 1

I remember the 2013 Northwestern game Bo admitted to putting it on the players and asking them what they wanted to do. They basically were in shutdown mode for the rest of the game, and seemed improved for the remainder of the season.

Even more specifically, Pelini asked them if they were more comfortable playing a 4 down lineman front.

I am worried this defense will still be vulnerable to the spread and the screen game

what exactly do you mean? "The Spread" is pretty generic. So is "screen game".

Are you talking Bubbles? Flares? WR comebacks? west coast screens? TE screens?

Don't mean to sound like a prick, just curious.

Even more specifically, Pelini asked them if they were more comfortable playing a 4 down lineman front.

after which we proceeded to shut down the juggernaut Northwester. :clap

• 8 months later...

What this next 2 years will tell me is what our previous staff really lacked. Was it scheme or talent? We will soon find out

I got in a pretty good argument with a friend the other night. Still pretty bitter about the firing. To start, the discussion ended with a 100$ bet that we would be a .500 team this year, that he believes. Hell, I wanted to give him the benefit by making it 9 wins as the benchmark. Nope. He says .500. But he's also one of them guys that gets flustered when you provide facts and then he wont let you speak. So basically, we're goin 6-6 or worse next year. Pretty comical considering when asked, he couldnt tell me the 6 teams that are gonna beat us.

I was researching Hughes and came across this. I'd like to know what Count's' friend predicts for next year and his reasoning for .500 this year.