Tarin Smith Leaving the Team

Yikes...that is classless and he better hope it is not interpreted the wrong way by recruits and high school coaches...

How is that classless?

Maybe that is message for guys like Hammond who are down. He is showing them that hardwork will get you there.

Maybe it is...maybe it isn't. But if I inferred it that way...I would imagine that Smith would as well. But I don't think it is a stretch thinking that it is a bit petty.

I mean, if it is for guys that are down...why not direct message them...or call them...text them...or wait...even meet with them!

Because social media is faster and gets to more people? Why not write him a letter and have a man on a horse deliver it

Wow!

Yikes...that is classless and he better hope it is not interpreted the wrong way by recruits and high school coaches...

How is that classless?

Maybe that is message for guys like Hammond who are down. He is showing them that hardwork will get you there.

Maybe it is...maybe it isn't. But if I inferred it that way...I would imagine that Smith would as well. But I don't think it is a stretch thinking that it is a bit petty.

I mean, if it is for guys that are down...why not direct message them...or call them...text them...or wait...even meet with them!

I mean, we just spent 3 pages and 150 posts about McMullen tweeting something vague...I think it is safe to say that it is easy to interpret things many different ways.

Sorry but i dont feel bad for a guy who quit on his temmates.

If Tarin doesnt like it, dont quit on your team because things are not perfect.

I don't feel bad for him either. But if you can find a better spot you take it...we do it all the time with jobs...do you feel like that is "quitting on your co-workers" when you take a situation you think is going to be better for you?

How is that classless?

I mean, we just spent 3 pages and 150 posts about McMullen tweeting something vague...I think it is safe to say that it is easy to interpret things many different ways.

Sorry but i dont feel bad for a guy who quit on his temmates.

If Tarin doesnt like it, dont quit on your team because things are not perfect.

I don't feel bad for him either. But if you can find a better spot you take it...we do it all the time with jobs...do you feel like that is "quitting on your co-workers" when you take a situation you think is going to be better for you?

Yes. because in order to go elsewhere I am in fact quitting.

If i quit and one of my bosses tweeted something like that, i would know i was a key part they were frustrated to lose.

It is a compliment, but i dont think it is pointed at Tarin.

I have absolutely no problem with Harriman's comments and I'm baffled by people who do.

So...he is pointing out that a player what didn't shine as a Freshman stayed at the same school...worked hard...prospered and is now the POY. What is wrong with that? Basketball is becoming a game of players constantly changing schools and in reality, that hurts both the school and the player because they never can actually develop any type of continuity.

And, as for the comment about us changing jobs. I have no problem with someone changing jobs just like I don't have a problem with certain players feeling like a transfer is best. However, I know people who are constantly changing jobs and constantly thinking the grass is greener somewhere else. There is a big difference. Those people tend to never realize their potential at any one place because they are constantly starting over.

• Fire 1

I have absolutely no problem with Harriman's comments and I'm baffled by people who do.

So...he is pointing out that a player what didn't shine as a Freshman stayed at the same school...worked hard...prospered and is now the POY. What is wrong with that? Basketball is becoming a game of players constantly changing schools and in reality, that hurts both the school and the player because they never can actually develop any type of continuity.

And, as for the comment about us changing jobs. I have no problem with someone changing jobs just like I don't have a problem with certain players feeling like a transfer is best. However, I know people who are constantly changing jobs and constantly thinking the grass is greener somewhere else. There is a big difference. Those people tend to never realize their potential at any one place because they are constantly starting over.

This is spot on!!

Well said.

I still dont think this is a dig for guys leaving compared to those guys staying, like a jake Hammond.

• 3 weeks later...