2015 MLB Thread

The post season is here!!!!!!!! AL Wildcard TONIGHT!!! (Yankees vs Astros)

AL wild card

• Tuesday: Astros (Keuchel) at Yankees (Tanaka), 8 p.m. (ESPN)

NL wild card

• Wednesday: Cubs (Arrieta) at Pirates (Cole), 8 p.m. (TBS)

AL Divisional Series

Texas Rangers vs. Toronto Blue Jays

• Thursday: Game 1 -- Rangers (Gallardo) at Blue Jays (Price), 3:37 p.m. or 4:07 p.m. (FS1)
  • Friday: Game 2 -- Rangers (Hamels) at Blue Jays, 12:45 p.m. (MLBN)
  • Oct. 11: Game 3 -- Blue Jays (Holland) at Rangers, 8:10 p.m. (FS1)
  • Oct. 12: Game 4* -- Blue Jays at Rangers (Fox or FS1)
  • Oct. 14: Game 5* -- Rangers at Blue Jays (Fox, FS1 or MLBN)

AL wild card vs. Kansas City Royals

• Thursday: Game 1 -- TBD at Royals (Ventura), 7:37 p.m.or 8:07 p.m. (FS1)
  • Friday: Game 2 -- TBD at Royals (Cueto), 3:45 p.m. (FS1)
  • Oct. 11: Game 3 -- Royals (Volquez) at TBD, 4:10 p.m. (MLBN)
  • Oct. 12: Game 4* -- Royals at TBD (Fox, FS1 or SNET)
  • Oct. 14: Game 5* -- TBD at Royals (Fox, FS1, or SNET)

NL Divisional Series

New York Mets vs. Los Angeles Dodgers

• Friday: Game 1 -- Mets (deGrom) at Dodgers, 9:45 p.m. (TBS)
  • Saturday: Game 2 -- Mets (Syndergaard) at Dodgers, 9:07 p.m. (TBS)
  • Oct. 12: Game 3 -- Dodgers at Mets (Harvey) (TBS)
  • Oct. 13: Game 4* -- Dodgers at Mets (TBS)
  • Oct. 15: Game 5* -- Mets at Dodgers (TBS)

NL wild card vs. St. Louis Cardinals

• Friday: Game 1 -- TBD at Cardinals, 6:45 p.m. (TBS)
  • Saturday: Game 2 -- TBD at Cardinals, 5:37 p.m. (TBS)
  • Oct. 12: Game 3 -- Cardinals at TBD (TBS)
  • Oct. 13: Game 4* -- Cardinals at TBD (TBS)
  • Oct. 15: Game 5* -- TBD at Cardinals (TBS)

Oct. 16: AL Championship Series starts (Fox)

Oct. 17: NL Championship Series starts (TBS)

Oct. 27: World Series starts (Fox)

mlb-playoff-bracket.0.png

• Fire 1

I'm pumped for tomorrow night.

I either have only a little over 24 hours left (if we lose) to be excited about this season or I have at least another week (if we win and play the series against the evil empire to the south).

I do know one thing. If we win and play the Cards, this Saturday is going to be a very long sports watching day.

Royals Houston is going to be some bad ratings for MLB.

Houston is a really really good team. Hope KC can play better than they have the last month.

I don't see anyway KC wins that series. Houston has too many good arms and just enough offense. KC has basically zero pitching as the Cueto deal hasn't worked out yet and you never know what Ventura is going to give you.

I'm pumped for tomorrow night.

I either have only a little over 24 hours left (if we lose) to be excited about this season or I have at least another week (if we win and play the series against the evil empire to the south).

I do know one thing. If we win and play the Cards, this Saturday is going to be a very long sports watching day.

I'm right there with you. Being a Cards fan I'm hoping that the Huskers can win and that momentum carries over into a Cardinal victory and it becomes one of my more **memorable Saturdays on O St.

** In this case memorable means theres just as good of a chance that I don't remember a damn thing.

This game is going to go down to one thing.

Which starting pitcher can go the longest in the game? If one of the starting pitchers can go the distance, it's a very very bad thing for the other team. If one of them gets taken out like in the 5-7th inning, then the other team has a chance to score runs.

I see this game being a 1-0 or 2-0 game.

OK....I don't know hardly anything about the Yankee's pitching staff. But, in a one game series they don't have a pitcher better than a 3.5 ERA??? Really???

If that's the case, they don't deserve to be in the playoffs.

CC Sabathia even though his ERA was 4 something overall this year and is arguably their ace checked himself into an alcohol rehab center and let the Yankees know this past Sunday that he was effectively going to miss the playoffs. Apparently he went on a bender the entire weekend this past weekend against Baltimore and hit bottom. He got the win last week against the Red Sox that clinched the Yankees return to the post season and he was 2-1 with a 2.17 ERA in his last 5 starts leading up to all of this.

OK....I don't know hardly anything about the Yankee's pitching staff. But, in a one game series they don't have a pitcher better than a 3.5 ERA??? Really???

If that's the case, they don't deserve to be in the playoffs.

CC Sabathia even though his ERA was 4 something overall this year and is arguably their ace checked himself into an alcohol rehab center and let the Yankees know this past Sunday that he was effectively going to miss the playoffs. Apparently he went on a bender the entire weekend this past weekend against Baltimore and hit bottom. He got the win last week against the Red Sox that clinched the Yankees return to the post season and he was 2-1 with a 2.17 ERA in his last 5 starts leading up to all of this.

Well, if that's what they got, I see them trying to make some major moves for pitching in the off season.