2015 MLB Thread

He had a decent year last year yes but he's given up 16 earned runs in 5 starts this year. Both him and Lester as well as the bullpen have been hugely disappointing this year although Lester seems to be looking somewhat better. Regardless it's only April but I still think next year or the year after are more likely years for the Cubs to make a serious run. The hitting potential is there and it's young. Rizzo, Kris Bryant, Jorge Soler and Addison Russell who currently has a 9 game hitting streak. The pitching needs to be there too however which is pretty obvious. Without question it needs to improve. The Cubs aren't done putting this staff together though and thankfully so.

I'll admit I'm a little biased with Hendricks because my wife and I actually have met him and spent some time with him when we were on a Cubs destination weekend last year in Chicago. He is really a nice guy (at least seemed that way) and after last year, I am hoping he really catches on and has a good career with the Cubs.

I haven't been this optimistic with the Cubs since I lived in Des Moines and watched players like Kerry Wood, Mark Prior and Cory Patterson come up through and almost get us to the WS. The young bats are there and (I agree) it may take a year or so for them to fully develop.

I have heard discussion about possibly dealing Castro for another pitcher. If that happens, Russell would move to short (his natural position) and we would need to find a second baseman. Right now, we have a ton of pitchers on the roster and (again, I agree) the bull pen has been struggling. Hopefully getting Grim back helps that. If we could find middle relief it would be a huge step forward. We have been struggling with that for the last several years.

Yesterdays game was filled with horrible fielding, batting and pitching. Other than that, it was pretty good :) However, the Cards are on fire and they are going to make one heck of a lot of teams look like that this year. Right now, it looks like we are playing for just trying to win the wild card. However, there is a slight chink in their armor. They have been using their bull pen way too much. If they wear them out, they could go on a streak where they lose quite a few they should have won.

First career complete game and shut out tonight for Kyle Hendricks!

Hendricks' 5-Hitter, Bryant's 2-Run Homer Carry Cubs Over Padres

cubs-padres2.jpg

He had a decent year last year yes but he's given up 16 earned runs in 5 starts this year. Both him and Lester as well as the bullpen have been hugely disappointing this year although Lester seems to be looking somewhat better. Regardless it's only April but I still think next year or the year after are more likely years for the Cubs to make a serious run. The hitting potential is there and it's young. Rizzo, Kris Bryant, Jorge Soler and Addison Russell who currently has a 9 game hitting streak. The pitching needs to be there too however which is pretty obvious. Without question it needs to improve. The Cubs aren't done putting this staff together though and thankfully so.

I'll admit I'm a little biased with Hendricks because my wife and I actually have met him and spent some time with him when we were on a Cubs destination weekend last year in Chicago. He is really a nice guy (at least seemed that way) and after last year, I am hoping he really catches on and has a good career with the Cubs.

I haven't been this optimistic with the Cubs since I lived in Des Moines and watched players like Kerry Wood, Mark Prior and Cory Patterson come up through and almost get us to the WS. The young bats are there and (I agree) it may take a year or so for them to fully develop.

I have heard discussion about possibly dealing Castro for another pitcher. If that happens, Russell would move to short (his natural position) and we would need to find a second baseman. Right now, we have a ton of pitchers on the roster and (again, I agree) the bull pen has been struggling. Hopefully getting Grim back helps that. If we could find middle relief it would be a huge step forward. We have been struggling with that for the last several years.

Yesterdays game was filled with horrible fielding, batting and pitching. Other than that, it was pretty good :) However, the Cards are on fire and they are going to make one heck of a lot of teams look like that this year. Right now, it looks like we are playing for just trying to win the wild card. However, there is a slight chink in their armor. They have been using their bull pen way too much. If they wear them out, they could go on a streak where they lose quite a few they should have won.

First career complete game and shut out tonight for Kyle Hendricks!

Hendricks' 5-Hitter, Bryant's 2-Run Homer Carry Cubs Over Padres

cubs-padres2.jpg

That is AWESOME!!!! I got home last night in time to watch his last inning.

• Fire 1

Hey Cubs fans...we're coming for ya next week! :wasted

Royals fan??? It's going to be a great series.

Actually, next week is going to be huge for the Cubs with both the Nationals and the Royals in town. Both teams are doing well this year.

Nats fan....yeah Cubs have a tough week...I am just hoping Harper doesn't get tossed during the Cubs series!

Actually, next week is going to be huge for the Cubs with both the Nationals and the Royals in town. Both teams are doing well this year.

Nats fan....yeah Cubs have a tough week...I am just hoping Harper doesn't get tossed during the Cubs series!

That was a really strange set of events that lead up to his getting tossed. It seemed to me the ump had a cob up his azz. Harper was in the box, the ump stops play, Harper steps out and then the ump acts like he's mad that Harper is out of the box. The guy was a total jackass.

• Fire 1

That was a really strange set of events that lead up to his getting tossed. It seemed to me the ump had a cob up his azz. Harper was in the box, the ump stops play, Harper steps out and then the ump acts like he's mad that Harper is out of the box. The guy was a total jackass.

Yeah those two have history together...

Got to stay in the box the whole AB now. New rule to speed up play

Got to stay in the box the whole AB now. New rule to speed up play

I know they put a rule in but if it applies to when the ump stops play to go have an argument, then it's a stupid rule.