Cuba removed from the Terror list

I'm ok with this. Actually more than ok. I think it will be a good thing. Normalizing relationship wt Cuba is long overdue. We have communist China as our # 1 trading partner, which has its own civil rights and anti-American issues, yet we hold Cuba at arms length. The environment in Central and South America has changed dramatically since 1982 when Cuba was placed on the list. If the voice of democracy and liberty has any power at all, it should be expressed to our neighbor 90 miles away. Perhaps normalized relationships will paved the way for greater freedom within their system. I'd rather Cuba be linked to us financially/economically then to their old Russian (Soviet) masters.

One side benefit: Both political parties have been 'beholding' to the Cuban/American vote in Florida. Thus policy towards Cuba has been swayed by the same. This will remove this 'pandering' issue from the table to a certain degree. I know Rubio will make a big issue out of it (as well as most of the other Repubs running for President) but I think overall it is time to get beyond the politics of 1962-63

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/obama-takes-cuba-off/2015/04/14/id/638442/

Good, no more sneaking cigars in my shoes/luggage via Venezuela. Too much stress for something that shouldn't be wrong.

Surprised you had problems--Most of the cigar stores/vendors in SA/LA tourist destinations know to offer 'alternate' wrapping to Americans so you can get them in the country--you just have to ask for it.