Chris Harriman to New Mexico

Hmmm...interesting.

So a coach takes a promotion and it's the same as a player not honoring his scholarship?

Seems legit

I did not know that Harriman's contract was up as of yesterday, that was my bad. Sorry, I thought he had broken his contract to take the new job. I should have read more carefully.

Guess we will have to see if Smith ends up getting a promotion....

Hmmm...interesting.

So a coach takes a promotion and it's the same as a player not honoring his scholarship?

Seems legit

I did not know that Harriman's contract was up as of yesterday, that was my bad. Sorry, I thought he had broken his contract to take the new job. I should have read more carefully.

True...but doesn't Smith determine if it is a promotion or not?

Hmmm...interesting.

Seems legit

If he starts for a consistent tourney team then its a even Steven.

Hmmm...interesting.

Seems legit

I think that is fair...for both of them. (coaching and starting)

Hmmm...interesting.

Seems legit

I disagree. If Smith is starting for a team where he is happier, where he is getting better grades, where he is closer to family, or where he feels that he is in a better situation, it's a promotion for "Smith".

Hmmm...interesting.

Seems legit

I disagree. If Smith is starting for a team where he is happier, where he is getting better grades, where he is closer to family, or where he feels that he is in a better situation, it's a promotion for "Smith".

Nope...he has to be starting for Duke! ha

Lee B. from the OWH made some good points today in regards to the Harriman departure. Most people think of Harriman as a good recruiter (maybe our best that was on staff), but when you analyze the recruits that he has brought in that may not be the case.

Webster - not doing as well as expected

Serge V. - Never worked out / showed any D1 ability

McVeigh - To be determined - but a project in his words.

Pinder (recruit for 2016) averaged 6 points and 6 rebounds in Junior College last year

Lee thinks this might be a good way to get a recruiting upgrade and Miles may have been more on board with the move than initially thought.

Here's the snippet from The Bottom Line:

A very, very good 15 minutes from @leebeeowh on Chris Harriman's departure and #B1G topics. https://social.newsinc.com/media/json/69017/28934364/singleVideoOG.html?type=VideoPlayer%2FDefault&widgetId=2&trackingGroup=69017&videoId=28934364#.VTj4JyFsEV8

Here is an interview that Harriman gave on the radio today on why he left and good state of the Nebraska program. His comments about Pitchford were the most interesting. Basically that Pitchford wasn't engaged and didn't take coaching / teaching to post up all season. He called his decision to quit basketball and then instead go to the draft, "bizarre".

http://www.theticketfm.com/gaskins-stephens/chris-harriman-former-nebraska-basketball-assistant/

• 1 month later...