7 scholarship QB's !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Armstrong

Bush

Darlington

Stanton

O'Brien

Wilson

Who's the 7th? Are we expecting Fyfe to earn one again this year? Personally, I'd be shocked if he cracks the 2-deep.

This year we have four. Next year Armstrong is a senior. Barring transfer we have four again, plus two redshirts. That's a little crowded, but manageable. Stanton could transfer and Darlington could reevaluate his medical situation, so that bears watching.

Ideally we at least have three + two redshirts in 2016. If we have all four, then in 2017 we will have five plus redshirting freshman, for six. At that point, you can probably expect the spring battle to sort things out. This position can thin out in a hurry.

I thought Stanton was suppose to be the next great QB at Nebraska. What happened to this view? Any mods care to chime in?

From a couple of guys I know who have gone to practices and know what they are talking about:

Kid has major accuracy issues

Something that isnt fixed easily

High School open and DI open are 2 very different things. Much smaller windows, many more coverages

Great athlete, great kid supposedly

I would be shocked if he ever plays a single down of QB at NU unless the 3 guys in front of him get hurt

Haha it looks like UM and NU are fighting for the "Most QBs On A Roster" Award. I'm not sure I like that, but at least both coaches recognize the game's most important position and are trying to do whatever it takes to find someone who fits their system.

Brady might be the GOAT in the NFL, but how was he in college? I honestly don't recall. He was just a 6th round pick, so I can't imagine he was a world beater at Michigan.

He was really good. But I think his competition with Drew Henson are what really made him great. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TM7Q4y1trtM <-- Highlights if anyone actually cares.

Armstrong

Bush

Darlington

Stanton

O'Brien

Wilson

Who's the 7th? Are we expecting Fyfe to earn one again this year? Personally, I'd be shocked if he cracks the 2-deep.

i was just going off of what Sharp and Benning on 1620 were discussing.

Sean Callahan said the same thing on 93.7FM here in Lincoln. Heard it with my own ears.

I thought Stanton was suppose to be the next great QB at Nebraska. What happened to this view? Any mods care to chime in?

From a couple of guys I know who have gone to practices and know what they are talking about:

Kid has major accuracy issues

Something that isnt fixed easily

High School open and DI open are 2 very different things. Much smaller windows, many more coverages

Great athlete, great kid supposedly

I would be shocked if he ever plays a single down of QB at NU unless the 3 guys in front of him get hurt

Already has:

2014 (Redshirt Freshman)

Johnny Stanton served as a backup behind Tommy Armstrong. Stanton saw action in wins over Florida Atlantic and Fresno State. He completed his only pass attempt of the season against Florida Atlantic for six yards.

Why isn't your list including Fyfe? Or am I missing something? Does a player lose his scholarship somehow after it has been offered?

There was a discussion in another thread about a month ago and many thought, myself included, his scholarship would not be renewed this year. Walk on's awarded a scholarship are on a year by year basis. If the kid isn't cracking 2-deep, no way he's holding onto it. I'm guessing that's why he was left off.

• Fire 1

Stanton came in with a great high school resume and promise, the reasons people thought he had a really good chance to be a great QB here.

This previous spring and spring game I think has a lot to do with people's impressions. He went 3-11 for 19 yards and an interception. I also don't recall him spending much (if any) time with the number one offense. Based on what we heard from people at practices, and what we saw in the spring game, there's a good chance he could be 4th on the depth chart if it came out right now, or worse.

If the accuracy rumors are true then that's an even bigger red flag - you don't have to have a big arm if you can be accurate, and accuracy is probably one of the most challenging things for a QB to work on. Takes a lot of effort, and if someone isn't willing to put the time in, it can be a real burner.

Why isn't your list including Fyfe? Or am I missing something? Does a player lose his scholarship somehow after it has been offered?

There was a discussion in another thread about a month ago and many thought, myself included, his scholarship would not be renewed this year. Walk on's awarded a scholarship are on a year by year basis. If the kid isn't cracking 2-deep, no way he's holding onto it. I'm guessing that's why he was left off.

Ok, thanks.