Home & Home Wish List

Virginia Tech, to pay them back for the tough loses...

Also for selfish reasons, would like to see this rematch. Traveled to Lincoln with VT fan, who said he had never been treated better at an away game. Same was true when I went to Blacksburg.

Besides that, both games were entertaining and well played. Neither was over 'til the final gun.

Would also like to see the result without a Pelini influenced defense. In my opinion, the deciding factor in both losses!

Yeah, plus I think the state of Virginia will be more of a recruiting territory for us, going forward. People in VA, MD and the greater D.C. area will see more Nebraska games now that Maryland and Rutgers are B1G schools. Also, having DPE playing for the Huskers won't hurt. (DPE's hs was West Potomac, Alexandria VA.)

I REALLLLLLY want to meet up with K-State at some point soon to shut up a guy I know who has just been pouring on the purple drank ever since Grandpa Bill got them back to relevancy. Winning big in a watered down Big 12 is supposed to be an accomplishment I guess.

haha KSUx has never been relevant

Fair enough. But they are competing for a joke Big 12 title every year it seems.

KSU has been higher ranked, played more conistent and easier to watch football, and played in bigger games than Nebraska has played in. They have won some big games and have lost some too, but I don't remember them folding in an epic let down like we have and I don't think they are a team prone to beating themselves like Nebraska has been for a long time.

Snyder is a legend and what he's able to/ been able to accomplish down there is nothing less than a miracle.

The Big 12 is a joke now? Why? They have some of the top ranked teams in the country. It wasn't a joke when we were there was it? I don't remember people calling it a joke when Nebraska was headed into the title game with Oklahoma and Texas. We wanted to win that "joke" trohy pretty badly.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan of the move to the Big Ten. I don't miss the Big 12 aside from our Oklahoma rivalry and maybe getting a parting shot at Texas (we never could pull it off). Why is it that the instant we leave, the conference is suddenly a joke? It seems childish to me to even say. It's like when you buddy gets mad and takes his football home, your left standing there with your thumb in your ass saying "fine! I didn't want to play football anyways!"

This fan base has a huge problem showing respet to anybody it seems. I see it all the time here and its kind of dumb really. Just being honest.

If it wasn't for Ohio St. and Michigan St, what team would the Big Ten be touting?

We Husker fans act so high and might, not willing to give K-State an ounce of credit. I wish like hell Nebraska could play near that level of clean consistent football. I wish our offensive line could even remotely resemble Kansas State's offensive line. Pelini couldn't sniff Snyders' ass when it comes to coaching.

I hope Riley is a lot closer to Snyders abilities, we'll be in damn good hands.

The arrogance of Husker fans is troubling. We still sit in every thread and act like Minnesota doesn't belong on the field with us. They've beat our ass in their place and in our house. They stuffed their run game down our throats last year. When they needed to make a play, they made it, we didn't. Give em' some credit. They came into Memorial Stadium, Lincoln Nebraska, and beat the Huskers who by all rights have every resource to ensure that something like that should not happen.

Wisconsin has made us their bitch. Literally. I've watched two game Nebraska vs. Wisconsin now that have scarred my memories of Husker football for life. I've never been so ashamed to be a Husker as I've been watching that title game and then that 408 yard rectal pounding the "Blackshirts" took last year.

Iowa is knocking on our door. They want to take our spot in the hierarchy. They're not far off.

I'm hoping like hell that Riley and his staff restores the order of things. There's no reason any of these things should be happening other than the fact that Nebraska has made some very big mistakes in the hiring and firing of coaches. It's time to get it fixed but right now, I can't see why any Husker fan is stil sitting around calling K-State, Minnesota, The Big 12 or anybody a joke for that matter. We've become the joke to quite a few people ourselves.

• Fire 2

I REALLLLLLY want to meet up with K-State at some point soon to shut up a guy I know who has just been pouring on the purple drank ever since Grandpa Bill got them back to relevancy. Winning big in a watered down Big 12 is supposed to be an accomplishment I guess.

Fair enough. But they are competing for a joke Big 12 title every year it seems.

KSU has been higher ranked, played more conistent and easier to watch football, and played in bigger games than Nebraska has played in. They have won some big games and have lost some too, but I don't remember them folding in an epic let down like we have and I don't think they are a team prone to beating themselves like Nebraska has been for a long time.

Snyder is a legend and what he's able to/ been able to accomplish down there is nothing less than a miracle.

The Big 12 is a joke now? Why? They have some of the top ranked teams in the country. It wasn't a joke when we were there was it? I don't remember people calling it a joke when Nebraska was headed into the title game with Oklahoma and Texas. We wanted to win that "joke" trohy pretty badly.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan of the move to the Big Ten. I don't miss the Big 12 aside from our Oklahoma rivalry and maybe getting a parting shot at Texas (we never could pull it off). Why is it that the instant we leave, the conference is suddenly a joke? It seems childish to me to even say. It's like when you buddy gets mad and takes his football home, your left standing there with your thumb in your ass saying "fine! I didn't want to play football anyways!"

This fan base has a huge problem showing respet to anybody it seems. I see it all the time here and its kind of dumb really. Just being honest.

If it wasn't for Ohio St. and Michigan St, what team would the Big Ten be touting?

We Husker fans act so high and might, not willing to give K-State an ounce of credit. I wish like hell Nebraska could play near that level of clean consistent football. I wish our offensive line could even remotely resemble Kansas State's offensive line. Pelini couldn't sniff Snyders' ass when it comes to coaching.

The arrogance of Husker fans is troubling. We still sit in every thread and act like Minnesota doesn't belong on the field with us. They've beat our ass in their place and in our house. They stuffed their run game down our throats last year. When they needed to make a play, they made it, we didn't. Give em' some credit. They came into Memorial Stadium, Lincoln Nebraska, and beat the Huskers who by all rights have every resource to ensure that something like that should not happen.

Wisconsin has made us their bitch. Literally. I've watched two game Nebraska vs. Wisconsin now that have scarred my memories of Husker football for life. I've never been so ashamed to be a Husker as I've been watching that title game and then that 408 yard rectal pounding the "Blackshirts" took last year.

Iowa is knocking on our door. They want to take our spot in the hierarchy. They're not far off.

I'm hoping like hell that Riley and his staff restores the order of things. There's no reason any of these things should be happening other than the fact that Nebraska has made some very big mistakes in the hiring and firing of coaches. It's time to get it fixed but right now, I can't see why any Husker fan is stil sitting around calling K-State, Minnesota, The Big 12 or anybody a joke for that matter. We've become the joke to quite a few people ourselves.

Excellent points.

I have always had a tremendous amount of respect for Snyder. People forget just how monumentally horrible K-State was before he got there. As long as he's there KSU is no joke. If KSU is on tv there is a good chance I'm rooting for them too.

As for looking down my nose at other teams that's not something I personally do and I grow tired of others doing so as well. Don't get me wrong, their are teams I hate, but I wouldn't ever refer to them as a joke.

I have been on the wrong end of rooting for teams with 1 or even 0 wins. Things look awful different from down there.

If a team is willing to line up and give it their all and go about it the right way then they're not a joke to me, no matter their record.

• Fire 1

The Big 12 title is a joke, not the teams in the conference.

I respect TCU and think the invitation was long overdue but really, look at it as a whole. Without the 4 schools that left does it have the same appeal nationally? Without those in charge growing a pair and getting active with expansion they will never be taken seriously.

They left their top 2 teams out to dry by taking the easy way out and crowning them both as champs even though they settled it on the field. One true champion my arse. That, is a joke of a championship.

I respect TCU and think the invitation was long overdue but really, look at it as a whole. Without the 4 schools that left does it have the same appeal nationally? Without those in charge growing a pair and getting active with expansion they will never be taken seriously.

They left their top 2 teams out to dry by taking the easy way out and crowning them both as champs even though they settled it on the field. One true champion my arse. That, is a joke of a championship.

The teams are not a joke. Management of the conference is and always has been. Hmmmm....guess where that starts.

The teams are not a joke. Management of the conference is and always has been. Hmmmm....guess where that starts.

Good counter points. Much like the teams not being a joke but the higher ups are a joke, I really don't miss the extra BS of being in that conference but I do miss some of the teams, especially the old Big Eight teams.

The proposed replay rule is just the latest head shaking thing the 12 is up to. Even in the offseason they seem to be unable to get out of their own way.

all of this, again and again and again.

• Fire 1

Obviously Iowa State would be a perfect Home & Home choice. As I recall, the last two times we met, the Huskers fumbled away an embarassing one at home and then barely squeeked out a win in Ames because we had a holder that threw like a girl. Not to mention that we suckered you into taking our less than stellar line coach and his silly zone blocking technique (though we did kinda want to keep his kids over here) and stuck you with that albatross for a few years.

We have a new stadium and a huge fan base of obviously demented fans (how else would you explain support for a new stadium for a team with this history of success) who like to drink a lot. We also have an amusing AD who likes to be fined by the NCAA for insulting officiating and hinting at conspiracies along with a coach who is SO PROUD... Plus it's close enough that most of the players could probably drive over in their own cars and then be back in Lincoln in time to eat a late Runza before the sun goes down. Not to mention that the Cyclones have become of favorite of the Fox Sports Network and seem to enjoy broadcasting our weekly beat-downs nationwide so that all the country can collectively say "There, but by the grace of God, goes my football team".

Anyway, you could use the easy win against a team from a BCS conference and we could use the money. Now, wait while I copy this, replace all references to Cyclones with Jayhawks and post it again as a Kansas fan....

• Fire 3

Obviously Iowa State would be a perfect Home & Home choice. As I recall, the last two times we met, the Huskers fumbled away an embarassing one at home and then barely squeeked out a win in Ames because we had a holder that threw like a girl. Not to mention that we suckered you into taking our less than stellar line coach and his silly zone blocking technique (though we did kinda want to keep his kids over here) and stuck you with that albatross for a few years.

We have a new stadium and a huge fan base of obviously demented fans (how else would you explain support for a new stadium for a team with this history of success) who like to drink a lot. We also have an amusing AD who likes to be fined by the NCAA for insulting officiating and hinting at conspiracies along with a coach who is SO PROUD... Plus it's close enough that most of the players could probably drive over in their own cars and then be back in Lincoln in time to eat a late Runza before the sun goes down. Not to mention that the Cyclones have become of favorite of the Fox Sports Network and seem to enjoy broadcasting our weekly beat-downs nationwide so that all the country can collectively say "There, but by the grace of God, goes my football team".

Anyway, you could use the easy win against a team from a BCS conference and we could use the money. Now, wait while I copy this, replace all references to Cyclones with Jayhawks and post it again as a Kansas fan....

Best freaking post ever!

I'm totally in favor of a home and home with ISU.

From a very young age I've always been obsessed with Nonconference scheduling. When video games evolved to the point where you could set your own schedule I would plan mine out for years in advance, because I was football nerd like that.

I've always wanted to sit down with whoever was in charge of that at the time, Devany, Bryne, Osborne, yes even Pederson. Just to get their list of who is Home-Home caliber, who is maybe 2 for 1 caliber and who is strictly a payday game. I'm sure there is some disagreement with other schools. Some feel they are home and home caliber but we don't so we never play etc. Of course they'd never tell me, but they'd also never sit down and talk to me about it either.

I remember after Pedy was canned someone high commented that he had games scheduled that weren't up to Osborne's standards. I would have liked to have know who those teams were. Whenever recall that the home and home with Wake Forest comes to mind, even though they almost beat us.