athlon has riley ranked #40 among active coaches

Really, in comparison to recruiting ranks to final football rankings. Bo was +3, Snyder was +10 & Riley was +18. Riley does more with less and Oregon St. is a worse place to recruit than K St.

What are you basing it off of when you claim Oregon State is a worse place to recruit to than KState? I have to both Corvallis and Manhattan. From my personal experience, Corvallis would be a dream to recruit to when compared to Manhattan.

• Fire 1

Really, in comparison to recruiting ranks to final football rankings. Bo was +3, Snyder was +10 & Riley was +18. Riley does more with less and Oregon St. is a worse place to recruit than K St.

Im not sure anyone is ranking Riley anywhere close to Bill Snyder in real life

The guy deserves his due

Erickson came in behind Riley and they didnt miss a beat, did better in fact

When Snyder left KSU fell apart and Snyder resurrected them again- with recruiting classes in the 40s, 50s, 60s,

Just quoting stats. I think Snyder is a good coach, just not as great as you are portraying him to be! I also believe Riley is a much better teacher & fit for the Huskers.

How would you like to portray Snyder? When he took over at KState, they had the worst record in D1 football. They hadn't won a game in 27 attempts. Then you look at the history of KState. They were the first D1 team to lose 500 games and had the worst historical record of any D1 program. With all of this history, he's still accomplished six top ten finishes. I can't think of a single coach who has taken over a team with similar circumstances and had even half the success Snyder has had.

• Fire 1

The guy deserves his due

When Snyder left KSU fell apart and Snyder resurrected them again- with recruiting classes in the 40s, 50s, 60s,

Just quoting stats. I think Snyder is a good coach, just not as great as you are portraying him to be! I also believe Riley is a much better teacher & fit for the Huskers.

How would you like to portray Snyder? When he took over at KState, they had the worst record in D1 football. They hadn't won a game in 27 attempts. Then you look at the history of KState. They were the first D1 team to lose 500 games and had the worst historical record of any D1 program. With all of this history, he's still accomplished six top ten finishes. I can't think of a single coach who has taken over a team with similar circumstances and had even half the success Snyder has had.

Well, I'm not a fan of this guy or the football program but, Howard Schnellenburger took over a Miami team that (I believe) was talking about completely dropping football before he took over. They were pathetically horrible and nobody cared about them in Miami. He promised an NC within 5 years and delivered.

Now, even with Miami's success since then, I would rather be a fan of KSU than thug U.

But, you asked about someone taking over a really bad program and had anywhere close to the same success.

The guy deserves his due

Well, I'm not a fan of this guy or the football program but, Howard Schnellenburger took over a Miami team that (I believe) was talking about completely dropping football before he took over. They were pathetically horrible and nobody cared about them in Miami. He promised an NC within 5 years and delivered.

Now, even with Miami's success since then, I would rather be a fan of KSU than thug U.

But, you asked about someone taking over a really bad program and had anywhere close to the same success.

How is the weather in Miami? vs Manhattan

How about population base- compared to Kansas?

How does Florida compare to Kansas when it comes to having LOTS of good football players within 20, 50, 100, 200, 500 miles?

Lots of big airports, direct flights in Miami- got to drive quite a ways to KC from Manhattan to get flights

Miami has beaches, Manhattan, not so much

Miami has night life- other things kids like- Manhattan, not so much

KSU may have been a much tougher gig, dont you think?

Howards success was short lived- he wasnt able to consistently replicate it like Snyder

Snyders success wasnt a flash in the pan

Jimmy Johnson and Cocker did pretty well after Howard left- National Titles etc

KSU fell apart after Snyder left

FWIW, last years rankings: http://athlonsports.com/college-football/ranking-all-128-college-football-coaches-2014

A few of them:

27. Riley

33. Al Golden (lols)

38. Brady Hoke (lols)

43. Bo Pelini

55. Paul Chryst

58. Mark Helfrich

So Riley DROPPED 13 spots because Nebraska is so much more difficult to coach at?

he dropped 13 spots because OSU had a really poor year last year and these lists are very subjective

FWIW, last years rankings: http://athlonsports.com/college-football/ranking-all-128-college-football-coaches-2014

A few of them:

27. Riley

33. Al Golden (lols)

38. Brady Hoke (lols)

43. Bo Pelini

55. Paul Chryst

58. Mark Helfrich

So Riley DROPPED 13 spots because Nebraska is so much more difficult to coach at?

he dropped 13 spots because OSU had a really poor year last year and these lists are very subjective

Very subjective:

http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/topic/75305-college-coaches-ready-for-nfl/