athlon has riley ranked #40 among active coaches

I don't think it matters much what anyone has Riley rated this year. He came from a lower tier program that, while a bit inconsistent, had a reputation as a giant killer. Where do you rank a guy like that? I'll be interested to see where coach Riley falls in this same ranking in a couple

or three years. It'll mean something then.

Exactly what I was thinking. Riley needs time. I would like to see him in the top 10 in two years. OMG when is the first game?!!!!

athlon has riley ranked 40th on list of active coaches...

http://athlonsports.com/college-football/ranking-all-128-college-football-head-coaches-2015

when nebraska hired our previous coach, i could never understand why they did not seek out snyder , coach of kansas state...i still believe he was the answer for nu,, but it was never persued....snyder took a very poor program, winless program, and made them into a national power ....think what he could have done a nu...

I see most here have been a little harsh on KState and Snyder. Even though Snyder hasn't won a NC, he's still one of the greatest college coaches. However, one has to remember where each was when Bo was hired. Snyder retired following the 2005 season. His last two years during that period were not very good, and it appeared as though he was burnt out. We hired Bo before Snyder came back to coaching. It's highly doubtful Snyder would have ever accepted the job either as KState renamed their stadium after him when he did retire the first time.

Bill Snyder does more with less over the long haul than any DI coach I know of

Terrible facilities

Low Population state known for basketball

In middle of nowhere- not even a good local airport

KSU had zero positive football history prior to Bill Snyder

Snyder rarely has recruiting classes ranked above about 40th, usually in 50s, 60s even

Consistently winning season

Lots of top 20 and top 10 teams

Total respect for the man, turned that program around twice

Really, in comparison to recruiting ranks to final football rankings. Bo was +3, Snyder was +10 & Riley was +18. Riley does more with less and Oregon St. is a worse place to recruit than K St.

Im not sure anyone is ranking Riley anywhere close to Bill Snyder in real life

The guy deserves his due

Erickson came in behind Riley and they didnt miss a beat, did better in fact

When Snyder left KSU fell apart and Snyder resurrected them again- with recruiting classes in the 40s, 50s, 60s,

Really, in comparison to recruiting ranks to final football rankings. Bo was +3, Snyder was +10 & Riley was +18. Riley does more with less and Oregon St. is a worse place to recruit than K St.

Im not sure anyone is ranking Riley anywhere close to Bill Snyder in real life

The guy deserves his due

Erickson came in behind Riley and they didnt miss a beat, did better in fact

When Snyder left KSU fell apart and Snyder resurrected them again- with recruiting classes in the 40s, 50s, 60s,

Just quoting stats. I think Snyder is a good coach, just not as great as you are portraying him to be! I also believe Riley is a much better teacher & fit for the Huskers.