Do the Huskers need some defensive talent?

I have no idea how your defensive depth chart looks like, but I know the Huskers have an open door to one of the greatest football programs in Texas Football history with the Katy Tigers. And you also have one of Katy's finest up there in Adam Taylor.

I've been reading a thread on the Katy Tiger message board about their players that are getting offers and it seems like every starter on next years defense has multiple offers. Just might be time to have new Coach Riley give Katy head coach Joseph a social call. He could bring Coach Joseph up to date on how Adam is doing and inquire about his group of defensive players. Baylor, Oklahoma, Oregon, U. of Washington, U of Houston ... just to name a few are all in there making offers and getting some committments.

This is the link to the thread that talks about the players, offers and commitments. Never too late to get in the game. The guy I like the most is Corey Bethley ... DE ... Soph ... 6'-2" @ 250 and has a little mean streak. And all these guys know Adam and some played with him on that 2012 state Championship team.

http://www.katytrain.com/index.php?p=/discussion/1540/potential-next-level-players-football#latest

• Fire 2

Good to hear from you again!

I think the Huskers have some good defensive talent on campus now but you can never have enough. Definitely need to keep adding going forward.

Looks like we could have used to go after your RB Porter. Where's he looking?

We are very deep at DB but Wilder looks like he could be a good one. Rivals doesn't seem to have a lot for you for the 17 or 18 classes. Do you think Bethley will be the next big thing? We are definitely in need of DLinemen and DEs in particular. Probably our weakest spot on the team (overall) right now.

Kyle Porter, last I heard has not committed, but has an offer from Oregon and a host of others. He has speed to burn and ran in the same backfield with Adam Taylor. Kyle will be the featured back this year. Youtube has some of his highlights. He won't last long, so if you like what you see, you need to move fast. This year it seems like many of the players going to the next level are committing early so they can focus on winning another championship as we have lost in the championship game the last 2 years. Most teams would consider that a great season, but at Katy that is considered a fail. So this will be a redemption year for Katy. If the O-line can hold and build some depth we will make another run. First time in over a decade we actually are having to rebuild instead of just reloading the O-line.

And ColoradoHusk ... we have had a message board since 2003. That was the year Katy beat that legendary Southlake Carroll

team featuring Chase Daniel (QB that went to Missouri) in the State Championship game 16-15.

If you want to see how seriously Katy takes it's football go to google earth and enter 6331 Highway Blvd, Katy, TX. in the search box. Then zoom down and count the football practice fields. You will notice the field on the west has artificial turf. The weight room and train facilities are better than most D-1 universities. If you are ever in the neighborhood drop by the field house and ask anyone there if you can see Coach Joseph ... tell them you are from Nebraska. If he is not in a meeting he will be glad to talk to you for a few minutes. He will be glad you dropped by. And be sure to let him know how Adam Taylor is doing ... he is always interested to know how his players are getting along. While you are there feel free to walk around check out the weight room.

No one will even notice ... we all go over and walk around there when we are bored. It's a small town where most folks don't even lock their doors when they leave to do some shopping.

By the way ... how is Adam Taylor doing after the broken ankle ... must be hard on him not being on the field for so long.

By the way ... how is Adam Taylor doing after the broken ankle ... must be hard on him not being on the field for so long.

We're all looking forward to seeing Adam on the field. Some of us (me included) think that he might be the best RB on the team by the end of the year.

btw, Welcome back! :lol:

powerT... Having a high school football message board ain't ridiculous. It is a great thing to help build traditions ... just like the Huskers. Katy has a strong following, they travel well to support their boys in RED, the fans get there early and stay loud, they play in front of a full house, they play in RED, they run a ground pounding offense out of the "I" formation, they play to the whistle, they represent their school and community well ... and they win, and win, and win.

Gee ... kind of sounds like I was talking about the Nebraska Cornhuskers except on a smaller scale ... thought you would just love that. And the unis are almost identical too. remember that old song ... "I want to be like you ... Dad" :)

powerT... Having a high school football message board ain't ridiculous. It is a great thing to help build traditions ... just like the Huskers. Katy has a strong following, they travel well to support their boys in RED, the fans get there early and stay loud, they play in front of a full house, they play in RED, they run a ground pounding offense out of the "I" formation, they play to the whistle, they represent their school and community well ... and they win, and win, and win.

Gee ... kind of sounds like I was talking about the Nebraska Cornhuskers except on a smaller scale ... thought you would just love that. And the unis are almost identical too. remember that old song ... "I want to be like you ... Dad" :)

I didn't mean ridiculous in a bad way. More like a "that's crazy" kind of way. I would love to go see a game thats for sure. Texas high school ball is king in the states for that level.

Good Luck to the Katy football team this season!

˙uɐɯ 'ʇno eɯ guıʞaeɹɟ ueeq eʌɐɥ sʇsod s,ɹesʞnɥ

Now that JMFB is gone.

Can we stop mocking him.

I never end up seeing Hukser's posts.

I see a blank space then after to read it after.

I'm better than everyone.

Dennis Erickson > Mike Riley.

Nick SabAn > Nick SabEn.

If it bothers most people I will quit formatting like I do. It has nothing to do with jmfb - I'm just bored.

˙uɐɯ 'ʇno eɯ guıʞaeɹɟ ueeq eʌɐɥ sʇsod s,ɹesʞnɥ

Now that JMFB is gone.

Can we stop mocking him.

I never end up seeing Hukser's posts.

I see a blank space then after to read it after.

I'm better than everyone.

Dennis Erickson > Mike Riley.

Nick SabAn > Nick SabEn.

If it bothers most people I will quit formatting like I do. It has nothing to do with jmfb - I'm just bored.

I like it.

Here is a video highlight of KATY DE Corey Bethley 6'-2" @ 250Lb. He will be a junior this year. This video is from his soph yr. Notice how he doesn't give up on any plays ... he follows the play and plays to the whistle. Many DE may tend to give up on a play that goes to the other side of the field. Corey has a little mean streak in him, pretty good footwork and uses his hands well in getting off blocks. Still growing and with the Katy strength and conditioning program, he will be a monster in a couple years

Oh ya, almost forgot ... he likes to play in RED in front of a packed house of loud and sometimes rowdy fans who know how to make noise on 3rd downs