Could he beat Ronda Rousey?

ufc-175-rr-punchwatermarked.gif

We all know she's a touch chick. The toughest. But still, she's a chick. Could she beat a guy in an MMA fight? What guys could she beat? Post a candidate and we'll discuss.

Ground rules: MMA Rules. And the guy gets one week to work with trainers and get ready for the fight. (Because most guys don't have any experience at all at MMA, and would need at least a small amount of experience and coaching to be able to survive the first 30 seconds. lol)

So here goes...

17303142-mmmain.jpg

First up, Tommy Armstrong.

Could Tommy beat Ronda Rousey? Sure, Tommy isn’t a fighter. But the guy is a college athlete, he's fast AND, he outweighs her by 80 lbs. I know Ronda is the best in the world at what she does, but I think Tommy could take her.

17303142-mmmain.jpg

Could Tommy beat Ronda Rousey? Sure, Tommy isnt a fighter. But the guy is a college athlete, he's fast AND, he outweighs her by 80 lbs. I know Ronda is the best in the world at what she does, but I think Tommy could take her.

Ronda would win and it wouldn't be close. Her knowledge of the sports and training would be enough to beat many men who aren't trained fighters.
  • Fire 2

Ha ha! His dashing good looks and quick wit would not keep Rousey from pounding his face in. He wouldn't make it to 30 seconds. :lol:

Lol. I was thinking more of NUance fighting her! ;)

I've got half a foot and at least 100 pounds on her and I still think she'd beat me

17303142-mmmain.jpg

Could Tommy beat Ronda Rousey? Sure, Tommy isnt a fighter. But the guy is a college athlete, he's fast AND, he outweighs her by 80 lbs. I know Ronda is the best in the world at what she does, but I think Tommy could take her.

Ronda would win and it wouldn't be close. Her knowledge of the sports and training would be enough to beat many men who aren't trained fighters.

I dunno. He's so much bigger and stronger that she'd have a tough time throwing him around with judo. So it'd be more punching and kicking. And his size and height would be an advantage in punching/kicking.

Has Rousey ever fought a guy before? Has she fought anyone close to Tommy's size/strength?

Ha ha! His dashing good looks and quick wit would not keep Rousey from pounding his face in. He wouldn't make it to 30 seconds. :lol:

Lol. I was thinking more of NUance fighting her! ;)

Same answer!

:box

:nutz

Ronda would kick Tommy's ass and Tommy would kick most of our asses.

I will always laugh at anyone on this board who says they can even come close to beating that woman. Until I meet you at a face to face meet and greet at a Huskerboard tailgate or something like that, and you show me you can back that sh#t up, I'm gonna call you a damn fool for even thinking it. Nobody I've met yet would stand a chance.

Pure physical strength isn't even the key issue, and Ronda Rousey has plenty of that too, but I don't know how many of you have actually ever fought, but the conditioning this woman has is phenomenal. The conditioning any of these athletes has is phenomenal.

You're talking about expending a ton of your strength and energy for the duration of a 3 to 5 round 5 minute/per round fight. Average Joe is out of breath in a fight in 2-3 minutes let alone trying to go 15-25.

An average football player doesn't even expend that much energy for that continuous duration.

Shes also got trained ligaments and muscles that are used to abuse and flexing. Her body can handle more and take more twisting and bending than you or I could. Not only that, she's used to being put in those situations, so her mindset and threshold of pain is different. You or I would tap out from things that wouldn't make her tap.

Yes, in fighting they lay off each other and take breathers too, but Rousey's gonna be on your ass like a fly on sh#t, there won't be any breathers. She'll knock you out or submit any one of us in seconds or a few minutes. Including Tommy.

How about this guy?

floyd-mayweather-2014-SHO.jpg

If I were Rhonda, Mayweather is the only man I would ever fight. There's nothing to gain by beating some random dude, and everything to lose. But if she lost to Mayweather, she'd be just like lots of other great boxers who lost to him.

Also... how is it fair that she's so damn bad ass AND hot? I mean, I'd do her and I don't swing that way.

• Fire 2

17303142-mmmain.jpg

I dunno. He's so much bigger and stronger that she'd have a tough time throwing him around with judo. So it'd be more punching and kicking. And his size and height would be an advantage in punching/kicking.

Has Rousey ever fought a guy before? Has she fought anyone close to Tommy's size/strength?

As an authority on the sport of Judo, she would be able to throw him. But that isn't how she would win, submissions are her forte. A match between her and Tommy would be horribly one-sided and after the sparring session we would need a new QB.