Could he beat Ronda Rousey?

She spars with men all the time and is probably use to the strength difference and that would help her with a majority of guys. I will agree with Dude that she wouldn't get close enough to Floyd to be able to grapple. Floyd is the best at what he does and he has been doing it way longer then Rousey has been fighting.

I would like her to fight Laila Ali...Ali has the boxing advantage and Rhonda has the grappling advantage.

I think if she bull rushed Mayweather and got inside his reach, he wouldn't know how to fight her off. I think she's a lot stronger than that little dude too. Mayweather is quick and can land some shots but I wonder sometimes how hard he actually hits? I'd be willing to be Rousey has been hit harder than Mayweather can. (I know I'd hit it pretty hard) Like I said, Mayweather wouldn't know how to handle the full range of a MMA fight. I give this one to Rousey also. Easy.

I think if she bull rushed Mayweather and got inside his reach, he wouldn't know how to fight her off. I think she's a lot stronger than that little dude too. Mayweather is quick and can land some shots but I wonder sometimes how hard he actually hits? I'd be willing to be Rousey has been hit harder than Mayweather can. (I know I'd hit it pretty hard) Like I said, Mayweather wouldn't know how to handle the full range of a MMA fight. I give this one to Rousey also. Easy.

Mayweather is 20lbs heavier then Rousey and is just as fast as she is. He is a defensive fighter and a counter puncher. She could try to bull rush all she wants but he would side step her and land an uppercut and some jabs and she would be done. He has been fighting professionally since 96 and has come across every boxing style and has won against them all. When he fought Ricky Hatton, Hatton would bull rush in and Mayweather would defend him off and evade him. Hatton wore out quickly and Mayweather beat his ass from there.

• Fire 1

I can't picture a scenario where she'd get close enough to Floyd for a takedown without getting knocked cold.

She's obviously great at what she does, but let's not get carried away.Floy

Floyd's a defensive fighter and a technician. He has a very distinct style, and it's why he fights who, and how he does. He's got about 15 pounds on her, but if he doesn't knock her out immediately, she'd get in too close choke him out, IMO.

• Fire 1

The simple answer is yes.

In an MMA fight, her Judo skills are so dominate that if she is going against someone who has only trained for a week, they would have major issues with body control.

Obviously if a guy like Tommy Armstrong can land a punch, he will do major damage, but she is talented enough that none of those punches will last.

If she is fighting a professional at 135, I think she would lose but perform better than most think.

She isnt going to win by knocking a guy out or taking a punch, but by simply taking it to the ground and wrenching on your arm till you tap.

I have 100 pounds on her, and i dont think i would last more than 30 seconds.

• Fire 1

I can't picture a scenario where she'd get close enough to Floyd for a takedown without getting knocked cold.

She's obviously great at what she does, but let's not get carried away.Floy

Floyd's a defensive fighter and a technician. He has a very distinct style, and it's why he fights who, and how he does. He's got about 15 pounds on her, but if he doesn't knock her out immediately, she'd get in too close choke him out, IMO.
That's a big, extremely unlikely if.

imo

Wrestlers are usually very successful in MMA. If its a boxer vs a wrestler, the wrestler usually always wins because they cant prevent a takedown or get back up. Brock Lesnar had no MMA experience other than wrestling and he became UFC champion. Rhonda is known more for her judo than her wrestling, but if she is able to get a takedown on Floyd, she has a chance. Its all about technique.

Boxer vs wrestler. James Toney vs. Randy Couture. Toney had no idea what to do once Couture got him to the ground and Couture just pounded him out and submitted him. I think itd be the same thing with Rousey and Mayweather.

Couture-Toney is a bad comparison. Randy Couture had basically every physical advantage over James Toney. He was bigger, stronger and faster than Toney.

Floyd Mayweather has every physical advantage over Ronda Rousey. While he may only have 15 pounds on her, he probably has something like 30-35 pounds more muscle, since he has a lower body fat percentage.

Granted, that in itself isn't enough to beat her in a fight, but he has the skill set to evade her takedowns. She does not have the skill set to evade his punches. His hand speed, punch accuracy and power are unlike that of any fighter she's ever faced. The difference is massive.

This is coming from someone who hates Floyd Mayweather, and loves Ronda Rousey.

• Fire 1

635533776491400008-USATSI-8234078.jpg

At some point brute force overcomes technique. I think Tommy's 80 lb advantage would be enough. But most here seem to disagree. So let's go more extreme: Jack Gangwish with a crescent wrench.

635533776491400008-USATSI-8234078.jpg

At some point brute force overcomes technique. I think Tommy's 80 lb advantage would be enough. But most here seem to disagree. So let's go more extreme: Jack Gangwish with a crescent wrench.

I would take gangwish.

Pure size wins a battle like this i think. Rousey could take him down but his size and strength will give her major issues.

Anyone who is an athlete and is 260+ with muscle to boot will be almost too much for a 135 pound girl.

Rousey would beat Gangwish. Hell, if he's smart, he'd let her beat him. I know I would let her submit me. (not that I'd have a choice in the matter)

"Can i smell your hair while you break my arm?"

Makes me think of this: