Nebraska Football: A New Beginning (Video)

We haven't been relevant since 2001........ 14 years.

Hey we were relevant for like 2 weeks in 2010!

In 2011 we were 7-1, 1 loss being a complete meltdown loss to Wisconsin (48-17)of course, but had we not found a way to lose to Northwestern in Week 9, we beat Penn St. in week 10, we'd have been 9-1. Of course, Week 11 we headed to Michigan and sh#t the bed again(45-17).

Didn't it seem like every time we came close to doing something special, we blew it in epic form? There were other times this happened. Anyways......I'm derailing this thread now too.

(edit) 2010 and 2012 were very similar.

In 2011 we were 7-1, 1 loss being a complete meltdown loss to Wisconsin (48-17)of course, but had we not found a way to lose to Northwestern in Week 9, we beat Penn St. in week 10, we'd have been 9-1. Of course, Week 11 we headed to Michigan and sh#t the bed again(45-17).

Didn't it seem like every time we came close to doing something special, we blew it in epic form? There were other times this happened. Anyways......I'm derailing this thread now too.

2011 seemed like the first year of heading downhill into the "get your pants pulled down at least once a year on national television". Sure there were tough losses in '08-'10, but the only blowouts were early on, and while the others could be maddening, they were at least competitive.

That 2011 season was interesting, though, because that was honestly probably one of our better teams, but we forget it because of 2/3 games. That team was ranked 9th in week 9 after dominating #9 Michigan State, like you said, and proceeded to lose to Northwestern, but if we hadn't, the next week we went on the road and beat #12 Penn State.

As a more veteran poster pointed out, this is the new reality.

The Nebraska Football Program is an also-ran in a poor division in an okay conference.

And don't kid yourself, you were depressed long before you saw this video. It started for all of us when Gordon broke off that first big run. It was literally all downhill from there. (Or maybe when we struggled mightily with FCS also-ran McNeese)

But all could have been redeemed. We get Frost, an option or power run guy in here, and we're BACK.

Nope. We get Mike 'Mr. Rodgers' Riley and his PAC10/12 90-10 pass/run ratio mediocrity. Could it be argued that he's still a better choice than Pelini? Sure, but that's beside the point.

God bless him, I want this guy to succeed, but do any of us see anything but Armstrong sacked, INTs, or 3 and outs? Pro-style? What makes any of us think it'll be effective?

Even 2014, we had 1 loss going into the Wisconsin game and I kinda believed. But I don't remember ever being as excited during a football season post-2002 as I was in 2010.