Camping Out: Quarterbacks

Both of these players above are entering their Jr. seasons. One players is ranked #9 in the poll, the other is #37.

Which one, if you were judging blindly on their college football statistics thus far in their career, would you place above the other?

The disparity between the two of these players ranking is ridiculous. The entire poll means jack sh#t. They continually discredit themselves with this love affair for Hackenberg.

Now if you're gonna rate college quarterbacks, then rate college quarterbacks. If you're gonna rate fairyland predictions of who you think might be a star in the NFL someday, then label the poll as that. By the way, Hackenberg better step his game up because in my opinion, he wouldn't be too high in the fairyland poll either.

Why are we only judging blindly on their statistics thus far in their career?

And if we are, why aren't we judging by their freshman years as well?

Both of these players above are entering their Jr. seasons. One players is ranked #9 in the poll, the other is #37.

Which one, if you were judging blindly on their college football statistics thus far in their career, would you place above the other?

The disparity between the two of these players ranking is ridiculous. The entire poll means jack sh#t. They continually discredit themselves with this love affair for Hackenberg.

Now if you're gonna rate college quarterbacks, then rate college quarterbacks. If you're gonna rate fairyland predictions of who you think might be a star in the NFL someday, then label the poll as that. By the way, Hackenberg better step his game up because in my opinion, he wouldn't be too high in the fairyland poll either.

Why are we only judging blindly on their statistics thus far in their career?

And if we are, why aren't we judging by their freshman years as well?

We're not. I said "if" you did, you may interpret the rankings differently.

Regardless, I still think Hackenberg is overrated. I think they've included their projections on his future as an NFL QB in their rankings of his College QB career. As of yet, Hackenberg has not met those projections.

Who said we weren't judging their freshman years as well?

You can include those stats if you want, feel free. I just looked up last season because it was the one year they BOTH played full seasons as starting Qb.

Tommy's freshman season was unique vs. Hackenbergs in that Tommy was thrust into the starting role due to injury instead of working an entire off-season preparing as a starter. Also, Tommy split some reps with Ron Kellogg in his freshman year.

I don't think Hackenbergs scenario was similar, could be wrong?

I don't think Armstrong gets enough credit for what he was able to accomplish in that freshman season. That year could've went downhill quickly. Tommy and Kellogg did a nice job of keeping the team competitive.

I don't think Armstrong gets enough credit for what he was able to accomplish in that freshman season. That year could've went downhill quickly. Tommy and Kellogg did a nice job of keeping the team competitive.

Completely agree with this. I think his leadership is something that doesn't come through in any of those stats and it's one of his most important traits as our QB.