Camping Out: Defensive Line

If you guys don't think we will miss Gregory this year, I recommend you watch this video.

Great video. Gregory was/is a beast.

It's a little bit of both as far as how much we'll "miss" him this year. Games like the Miami game, he was a monster. But he also didn't play at all in three games and either missed parts of games or was slowed in several others. So he didn't have as big of an effect on as many games as he could have.

Yes, and NU struggled in games in which he wasn't able to play. Gregory won't be able to play in any games this year.

I think Rush End could be a problem position for NU this year. Yes, the scheme will be different and probably more aggressive. But, I am not a fan of "big, slow" DE's. The rush end may be more more aggressive, but it won't matter if the rush end isn't fast enough to get to the QB.

Nebraska struggled in games he did play too. Where's his film against Wisconsin? USC? I wish we had his talent with this scheme but he wasn't a great player for us last year for various reasons.

If you guys don't think we will miss Gregory this year, I recommend you watch this video.

It's a little bit of both as far as how much we'll "miss" him this year. Games like the Miami game, he was a monster. But he also didn't play at all in three games and either missed parts of games or was slowed in several others. So he didn't have as big of an effect on as many games as he could have.

Yes, and NU struggled in games in which he wasn't able to play. Gregory won't be able to play in any games this year.

I think Rush End could be a problem position for NU this year. Yes, the scheme will be different and probably more aggressive. But, I am not a fan of "big, slow" DE's. The rush end may be more more aggressive, but it won't matter if the rush end isn't fast enough to get to the QB.

Nebraska struggled in games he did play too. Where's his film against Wisconsin? USC? I wish we had his talent with this scheme but he wasn't a great player for us last year for various reasons.

Gregory didn't play against USC. He had a "concussion".

That was Iowa. He had four tackles against USC.

My bad then. I thought he missed both.

Weren't we missing one or two defensive starters against USC?

Four tackles after spending the entire month of December smoking all the pot in Lincoln? Not bad.

• Fire 1

Exactly.

Four tackles after spending the entire month of December smoking all the pot in Lincoln? Not bad.

Yeah. Two solo and two assists. Not exactly a game-changing performance.

I get it, Husker fans will hate Gregory forever for getting hurt and smoking all that pot.

Don't get me wrong, I love Gregory and think he was a great player. My point is we already "lost" a decent amount of his production last year so it's not as big of a drop-off as it may seem.

:dunno