Better way to find tickets?

Hey guys,

I'm sure this is the wrong section, but I was unsure where to post. I've used all sorts out outlets to buy tickets, but I was hoping someone could advise me on a better place. I've used TicketHippo, Razorgator, StubHub, TickeyCity, and all those sites for my "Father-Son Annual Football Game" (We are from Oklahoma, so it is hard to go to more than 1 game a year)

Anyways.. Does anyone know of a better ticket exchange for fans who want good tickets and not pay $400 each? I know it is a tall order, but I'm looking for the "sweet spots" (Sections 4-8 or 24-28, Row 10-39)

Any advice?

If you're looking for a specific section then you're going to have to pay a premium. Ticket brokers suck but there is always someone else willing to pay their prices so they can charge what they want. If you don't care where you sit just make the trip and buy tickets on the street the day of.

Hey guys,

I'm sure this is the wrong section, but I was unsure where to post. I've used all sorts out outlets to buy tickets, but I was hoping someone could advise me on a better place. I've used TicketHippo, Razorgator, StubHub, TickeyCity, and all those sites for my "Father-Son Annual Football Game" (We are from Oklahoma, so it is hard to go to more than 1 game a year)

Anyways.. Does anyone know of a better ticket exchange for fans who want good tickets and not pay $400 each? I know it is a tall order, but I'm looking for the "sweet spots" (Sections 4-8 or 24-28, Row 10-39)

Any advice?

Scalp outside the stadium.

Hey guys,

Any advice?

For scalped, you don't need any sort of ID to go along with the tickets, right? What about student tickets? Do you need a student ID with the ticket when you enter the stadium?

Hey guys,

Any advice?

For scalped, you don't need any sort of ID to go along with the tickets, right? What about student tickets? Do you need a student ID with the ticket when you enter the stadium?

Student tickets you either need to validate, which is a huge ripoff, or you need to have a student id with the ticket loaded on it. It's "not allowed" to use someone else's student idea, but they don't check them very closely, so if you have a friend who has an e-ticket on their id you can definitely try to get away with it.

You'll never really find students selling physical tickets outside the stadium though, because they're almost all electronically based now.

• Fire 1

Student tickets you either need to validate, which is a huge ripoff, or you need to have a student id with the ticket loaded on it.

Honest question because I think I've seen this a few times now: what makes validating the ticket a huge rip off?

When I was in school, you just had to pay the difference between full price and student price to "validate" it and then non-students could use it. Is it different now?

Student tickets you either need to validate, which is a huge ripoff, or you need to have a student id with the ticket loaded on it.

Honest question because I think I've seen this a few times now: what makes validating the ticket a huge rip off?

When I was in school, you just had to pay the difference between full price and student price to "validate" it and then non-students could use it. Is it different now?

That's how it was when I was there as well. But that's *cough* been a few years *cough, cough* now

That's how it was when I was there as well. But that's *cough* been a few years *cough, cough* now

Because these days, the individual value of a ticket for a lot of the games is $70-80+ instead of the season ticket value of $53 or whatever, so you usually have to pay full price for the student ticket, and then full price of what a normal season ticket would cost you for that game on top of it.

Because these days, the individual value of a ticket for a lot of the games is $70-80+ instead of the season ticket value of $53 or whatever, so you usually have to pay full price for the student ticket, and then full price of what a normal season ticket would cost you for that game on top of it.

So does the student only costs you have the season ticket amount ($57)?

My memory might be a little foggy but I'm pretty sure all the tickets were not the same price when I was there - 15ish years ago. I'm pretty sure we paid half the cost for the student ticket (mostly $25 or so but some were $30 or maybe higher) and had to pay the other half to get it validated. I don't know what the regular season tickets were then or if they were all the same but it doesn't sound that different. If anything, you're just getting a better deal on your student ticket but paying a flat amount for all the games. Then still having to sell it for the full price of an individual game ticket.

You pay the difference. Landlord is pissed because he has to pay some kid 50 bucks first and then another 40 to validate it. Might be kids, but they're not stupid. There's money to be made.

On another note, they now allow a small number of student guest tickets that if you know a student, are great. They are 40, I believe

I'm not pissed, there's just cheaper avenues to get tickets, and if you really want to go into the student section buy a cheaper ticket and just go in. I went to the majority of home games in 2012 and 2013, in the student section for all of them, and only ever had one actual student ticket.