Can I swear here?

Haha, yeah, spend some time here and you'll see that is exactly how we do things here.

Cheers :P

Well zoogs, I gonna tread lightly here, and I will say you are not one of those of whom I speak. But I have been on this board just about as long as you and I have over 1500 posts and my experience is, that is EXACTLY how it works. This is a cool place to talk Husker football, and if you agree with the mods/admins you can argue your point, call people out, talk trash, say pretty much whatever you want. But, if you aren't one of the "boys", even after you've been attacked, you can't even respond in kind without being banned. I know from experience and I know many to whom it has happened.

The OP asked a question, I was just trying to give him an honest answer.

I curse way too much in everyday life.

But does it really need to be etched permanently in text on a searchable internet?

One thing I've always loved about this board is people are pretty good natured and civil, for the most part ... and understanding that other opinions exist, even if they don't agree with them.

There's really no good that is going to come out of allowing us to type using the same language we use when talking. :P

Taking one look around another forum or two around the 'net really helps me appreciate how civil, respectful, and well-run our beloved board is.

There are some real black holes out there. Just a shout out to the mods and everyone who helps keep this place a great place to talk the best team on Earth! Thanks for the work you put in.

Well, congratulations. Maybe you are more of a bro to them than you think. I have had a different experience and I know several others that have had the same experience. I'm not here to slam Huskerboard, there are a lot of people here I like to talk Husker football with, but the OP asked a question and I just wanted to give him an honest answer especially since he apparently likes to use colorful language.

I know people who have left the board because they were attacked by the little cliques and when they responded in similar fashion they ended up suspended for a week or banned for a month. In the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter much, but it can be frustrating, I was trying to save the guy some of that frustration by suggesting that he not pick fights with the mods/admins. I just thought it was good advise.

This is a cool place to talk Husker football, and if you agree with the mods/admins you can argue your point, call people out, talk trash, say pretty much whatever you want.

Well, that is *not* at all what we strive to be. If there's anything you'd like to air out -- publicly in Board Feedback or in the Woodshed, or privately via PM -- please do so. Please don't tread lightly.

But, if you aren't one of the "boys", even after you've been attacked, you can't even respond in kind without being banned. I know from experience and I know many to whom it has happened.

To this point, we generally regard it as not okay to "respond in kind". If someone's attacking you, yes, we do expect the poster who never gets warnings to just ignore it.

Where people have the most trouble with this, in my experience, is they expect the moderators to hit back for them. However, that's not how we do things. We don't hand down penalties to right wrongs for another member's sake; we do it (often via PM only) if we think it's needed for someone to get the message. And we keep doing it until we conclude that there's no hope of that message ever sinking in -- how long that takes varies case to case.

We really do want *everybody* to stick around here. For most, it's really easy to stay in the clear. When things flare up -- well, we try. I know I've learned from plenty of mistakes over my several years of modding here. So hopefully, we're better in the future than we were in the past. To that end, your feedback is important.

I appreciate that. So, a serious answer in return. :)

• Fire 1

Well zoogs, I gonna tread lightly here, and I will say you are not one of those of whom I speak. But I have been on this board just about as long as you and I have over 1500 posts and my experience is, that is EXACTLY how it works. This is a cool place to talk Husker football, and if you agree with the mods/admins you can argue your point, call people out, talk trash, say pretty much whatever you want. But, if you aren't one of the "boys", even after you've been attacked, you can't even respond in kind without being banned. I know from experience and I know many to whom it has happened.

EZ-E was voted as the head coach of either the first or second starting lineup competitions, aka the most popular poster on the board, and was banned.

I've been in the top 3-5 as far as rep points, popularity, whatever for years, and have shared a number of beers with different mods/admins, and I've been suspended a handful of times.

You're imagining things.

• Fire 1

zoogs, as I said above you have never been the problem. I didn't want to recount specific incidents...it sounds like whining, but I never have asked mods/admins to fight my battles...my issues have been where I was in discussions and have been blasted with numerous ad hominem attacks, and when I responded to those attacks...I was doing fine on my own but then I was banned (this has happened more than once). On one occasion when I pointed out the hypocrisy of the argument of the mod who banned me by quoting him, I was "ordered" not to ever use his words to prove how hypocritical and pointless his argument was, even though the board itself has a feature where you can quote words that are posted by another member (you used that feature above to quote me). I would say that counts as censorship. In this case, that selective censorship was used by a mod to protect one of his "boys" who disagreed with me (the mod had been on his boy's side in that argument) and had trashed me pretty hard in about 6 or 7 posts earlier posts. I responded in 2 or 3 posts and got banned...and by the way...I never used unacceptable language.

In all the several cases I am talking about I have never initiated the arguments, but I don't run from one, and there have been several different mods/admins who have reacted the same way. In fact, you are one of the few that I feel is fair when a dispute has to be resolved regarding board rules.

So there you go, and Landlord, since you have no clue about my experiences, speculating as to the validity of my argument, particularly making absolute statements truly is absurd.

• Fire 1

Just wondering if I can swear here or not. Thinking about switching boards but I need to know if I can swear because that is extremely important.

So.....let's see if this works......

Okay......so after my initial study, I have received results that leads me to believe I can only swear if I manipulate the swear word.

This may be difficult to work with.

What in the actual f*ck is going on here...

• Fire 1

Just wondering if I can swear here or not. Thinking about switching boards but I need to know if I can swear because that is extremely important.

Okay......so after my initial study, I have received results that leads me to believe I can only swear if I manipulate the swear word.

Since you were censored, I have no idea what that word was supposed to be and now I feel uncomfortable because I can't make an informed reply.

Since you were censored, I have no idea what that word was supposed to be and now I feel uncomfortable because I can't make an informed reply.

I actually censored myself...

So there you go, and Landlord, since you have no clue about my experiences, speculating as to the validity of my argument, particularly making absolute statements truly is absurd.

You're the one that started by making an absolute statement that if you're "one of the boys" you can do whatever you want here and not get in trouble. That's demonstrably false. My absolute statement is that your absolute statement isn't accurate. Mine is, because yours isn't.

You're the one that started by making an absolute statement that if you're "one of the boys" you can do whatever you want here and not get in trouble. That's demonstrably false. My absolute statement is that your absolute statement isn't accurate. Mine is, because yours isn't.

you're both dykes...

• Fire 1

you're both dykes...

You're lucky you're one of the good ole boys or you would definitely be banned for this. Reported!!!

you're both dykes...

You're lucky you're one of the good ole boys or you would definitely be banned for this. Reported!!!

I'm one of the "good ole boys"???

What are you implying??