Game Day for Visitors - suggestions?

Brick

HI all -

BYU fan here. Making the trip with my 13-year old son, will be first time in Lincoln and Memorial Stadium and we are stoked and looking forward to a great game tomorrow. On the flight right now and haven't had a lot of time to research good eats, gameday traditions, etc. Any suggestions you have for maximizing the experience are welcome! We'll be staying in Lincoln tonight and tomorrow night -- good places to eat, must sees?

Happy to answer any questions about the Y as well.

You don't sound like an O street or steakhouse crowd unless I'm wrong so Ill skip those....

But hit the Haymarket district and there is also Football Friday event tonight in the railyard plaza on canopy street. (just look for the big silver spaceship we call the basketball arena.) Lots of restraunts right there as well.

Tomorrow Haymarket or the railyard is again an option - the early games are shown on the big cube. Theres tailgating if thats your style under the overpass west of the stadium or across the bridge by the baseball stadium. and a kids fun area on the practice fields on the northeast side.

With a 13 year old, maybe try the capitol bldg.

"That sounds like a great idea!!!" said no 13 year old kid ever.

With a teenager, you can go watch games at Buffalo Wild Wings or there are family friendly places at the Railyard. Go hang out on and around campus. Let your son (I assume it's a son) see the sights (hot chicks).

I loved seeing the capitol building, however that was on a field trip, so I was missing school for it.

With a 13 year old, maybe try the capitol bldg.

"That sounds like a great idea!!!" said no 13 year old kid ever.

With a teenager, you can go watch games at Buffalo Wild Wings or there are family friendly places at the Railyard. Go hang out on and around campus. Let your son (I assume it's a son) see the sights (hot chicks).

I loved seeing the capitol building, however that was on a field trip, so I was missing school for it.

Exactly. If you have your choice of school or going to see the Capitol building, you take the field trip. But, if your choice is hanging out on and around a college campus, always take the college campus.

Thanks all. Sorry I dropped off. Flight was landing and they shut me down before I could reply. Campus sightseeing canopy and Haymarket here we come.

We are at the cornhusker and arrived for check in at the same time as the ne players arrived. Mingled a bit in the lobby and on elevator. Of course we are decked out in our byu gear but everyone friendly including the players. Son loving it.

Glad we came looking forward to a great fame this afternoon.

Thanks for all of the suggestions huskers. Best away game experience I've ever had,even more that the hospitality extended even after a tough loss for the huskers. Could do gameday here every saturday and be a happy man. Hope you guys run the table the rest of the year. It'll be "Go Big Red" every saturday in our house rest of the season!

• Fire 1

Thanks for all of the suggestions huskers. Best away game experience I've ever had,even more that the hospitality extended even after a tough loss for the huskers. Could do gameday here every saturday and be a happy man. Hope you guys run the table the rest of the year. It'll be "Go Big Red" every saturday in our house rest of the season!

Atleast we lost to a team and fanbase I can respect.