Recruiting Needs to Target After Seeing the BYU Game

I must have been watching an entirely different game than a lot of you guys were watching. Improvements can always be made, but I thought there was a decent pass rush for most of the game. The WR's were as good as, or better than, what we've had in several years. TA looked much improved. DB's had some breakdowns in coverage but I thought they recovered and closed well.

The OL was atrocious so I won't comment on the RB's.

ANYONE THAT WILL GENERATE A PASS RUSH!!!

Not that we don't need pass rushers, but if you go back and watch the game, the pass rush was actually pretty good. Three sacks against Taysum Hill is about as good as it gets. I had my doubts he was 100% heathly, but he was before he got hurt again. He is probably the most athletic QB they see all year by far. I am going to give the pass rush the benefit of the doubt on this one.

• Fire 1

Not that we don't need pass rushers, but if you go back and watch the game, the pass rush was actually pretty good. Three sacks against Taysum Hill is about as good as it gets. I had my doubts he was 100% heathly, but he was before he got hurt again. He is probably the most athletic QB they see all year by far. I am going to give the pass rush the benefit of the doubt on this one.

This is a very good point. I will add that when you have a QB that is a threat to run, sometimes the philosophy is to not rush so much and keep him in front of you. Of course when you do that, you have to rely on the LB's and DB's to cover the receivers. Which they had a difficult time doing.

This is a very good point. I will add that when you have a QB that is a threat to run, sometimes the philosophy is to not rush so much and keep him in front of you. Of course when you do that, you have to rely on the LB's and DB's to cover the receivers. Which they had a difficult time doing.

I agree that against a mobile QB sometimes its hard, but you also can't just look at the stats in a vaccum and say the pass rush was good. Their pass rush % was 5.3%, the national avg is usually around 5.8%. Also if you go back and look at the sacks, the only one that I would consider the result of a good pass rush was McMullens at the end of the 3rd qtr, Freedoms and Jacks were way more coverage sacks that Hill left the pocket and they got him on the outside they didn't get the sack until about 5 seconds after the snap.