Realistic Expectations...

BIG ERN

I'm guessing 8 wins. I think we'll lose to Miami, Wisconsin, Michigan State, and Minnesota or Northwestern. I'm okay with that assuming we improve next year.

so we don't beat a single team with a pulse

I'm in the camp that thinks the 1st year is difficult. I believe I've always said I think we'll have 8 or 9 wins in year 1 and then get better.

difficulties or not that wouldn't be a win over a single good team.

I'm guessing 8 wins. I think we'll lose to Miami, Wisconsin, Michigan State, and Minnesota or Northwestern. I'm okay with that assuming we improve next year.

I'm in the camp that thinks the 1st year is difficult. I believe I've always said I think we'll have 8 or 9 wins in year 1 and then get better.

I remember Hoke winning the Rose Bowl in his first year and all the Michigan fans were going crazy. They continued to go crazy, but it was because of how sorry Hoke was for his remaining years at Michigan.

And I wouldn't think that's terrible or that Riley sucks. Year 3, my opinion would be different.

I expect this team to get better as the year goes on. I'm not overly concerned with the overall record.

I could see us coming out of non-conf 2-2 but then making up for it by upsetting someone late in the season.

I'm already liking a lot of what I'm seeing. We really were just unlucky today, would the sky still be falling if that last second ended like 99% of hail marys do?

We also didn't lose to slouch or struggle against a 1-AA team like Callys first game. At least we didn't lose to Temple by 2 1/2 touchdowns.

yep. Status quo.

At least we'll do it with some class and not getting told to f#*k off.

It's status quo for us, but at least we have a coach who hasn't done it 7 years in a row. There's actually the possibility that things will get better. (Though, things could also get worse).

It comes down to those who understand that a new system doesn't produce 11+ wins. I was drinking kool aid too and buying into the whole "adapting to your athletes" bs. It didn't come to fruition. However, this group has potential. I also think BYU is pretty decent. Not overly talented or good by any means but I think NU will have some struggles. It's ok. NU will be ok. I see them being pretty darn good in 2018. This year I think 7-8 wins is a good coaching job. 2016, and 17 the schedule gets significantly harder.

I think by year 4 Riley and crew will be pretty good. Riley will probably retire soon after as well, starting NU over again.

I am concerned for the rest of the year. We had an unusual number of injuries today, we were already thin at some positions. Reminds me of 1998. I also din't see any improvement from TA. Those intentional grounding plays looked like some of the bad decisions TM made his freshman year.

His accuracy looked improved, but his decision making still leaves something to be desired. In one of those intentional groundings he had 10 yards of green in front of him to run. Instead of running for a first down he kept looking at 2 of our receivers with 5 defenders near them.

• Fire 1