Cornhuskers will never...

I am I

How do you only run for 120 with a 3.4 avg against BYU when you're Nebraska? And on the flipside throw it 41 times with Tommy Armstrong? Staff obviously could give two sh*** about running the ball. The blueprint for Nebraska if they want to go pro style should again be Wisconsin, along with Stanford. You can still throw, but it should really be set up by the run and play action. When Wiscy had Russell Wilson the most attempts they had in a game was 32. When Stanford had Andrew Luck, they averaged 31 attempts per game. That's balance in a pro style offense. Those teams are still pretty successful with the scrubs they've trotted out the past few years. While Armstrong is no Luck or Wilson, he's better than Stave or Hogan. Plus he's got the ability to run.

The run game wasnt working well in the first half so they went with what worked. I thought we passed a little too much today but you cant fault the play call when they went with what was working

I dont think we committed to the run until the 2nd half. Then it worked. Unfortunately, like Beck, this staff appears to be terrified of challenging the OL to perform. On 3rd and 1 to go Jano and Cross and feed the beast. On the 4th and 1, you tell your OL, we don't get the 1st, you all sit the remainder of the game. Simple. Challenge them and demand that they perform.

The staff's decisions cost the game. We got back the lead and then the "NFL play to not lose" mentality kicked in. Rushing their QB with 3? Allowing their receivers to get in front of our guys? How about at the time out, we send out our receivers to cover? Act like its our QB. Get the friggin ball.

Sad day.....

How do you only run for 120 with a 3.4 avg against BYU when you're Nebraska? And on the flipside throw it 41 times with Tommy Armstrong? Staff obviously could give two sh*** about running the ball. The blueprint for Nebraska if they want to go pro style should again be Wisconsin, along with Stanford. You can still throw, but it should really be set up by the run and play action. When Wiscy had Russell Wilson the most attempts they had in a game was 32. When Stanford had Andrew Luck, they averaged 31 attempts per game. That's balance in a pro style offense. Those teams are still pretty successful with the scrubs they've trotted out the past few years. While Armstrong is no Luck or Wilson, he's better than Stave or Hogan. Plus he's got the ability to run.

The run game wasnt working well in the first half so they went with what worked. I thought we passed a little too much today but you cant fault the play call when they went with what was working

The same Stanford that lost today to Northwestern? I agree that in the first half the run just wasn't there. It was evident that we miss Abdullah, who had that knack for getting the most out of a play. I think our OL needs a bit more experience before we can completely rely on the run.

Teams lose sometimes. How many BCS games have they been in the past few years? How about Wisconsin? Alabama same offense, though they are different beast. USC same thing during their run. I think Armstrong would be a great quarterback in a 60-40/55-45 run pass offense, making most throws off play action. Better than Hogan and Stave for sure. What they asked him to do today will not work. First game and things may change, but it's just the generally feeling I get about the style of offense Langsdorf and Riley want to go with.

Ya'll missing the message. We can't get 25 yds w the ball and lead in the 4th qtr? We will never win 11+ games and have the type of success we all want. BYU? Backup QB, at home, w the lead, c'mon.

RUN THE f'ing BALL AND WIN THE GAME.

• Fire 1

Win 11+ games until they start to run the ball well. Period.

Until they get a team/coach/players who can dominate a team on the ground, get used to more of this; as if we aren't used to it already.

I'm out. I'll check back in 5 yrs when we get a new coach and back to OUR system. f#*k this sh#t. I'm sick of it. Tossing the ball around the yard while the other team has freedom.

Their QB was in another country ringing doorbells and preaching the Mormon bible 2 months ago. f'ing figure it out. We suck and we will until we decide to run the f'ing

Sad, but true. Our identity is running the football. We have more talent and supposedly better coaching. It didn't show today. This reminds me of BC. Offense wasn't terrible, but our Defense got schooled. How again did we get beat by a freshman QB? Oh, that's right, he was given all day to throw the ball.

The same Stanford that lost today to Northwestern? I agree that in the first half the run just wasn't there. It was evident that we miss Abdullah, who had that knack for getting the most out of a play. I think our OL needs a bit more experience before we can completely rely on the run.

Teams lose sometimes. How many BCS games have they been in the past few years? How about Wisconsin? Alabama same offense, though they are different beast. USC same thing during their run.

I agree, they do. In fact, our happened to lose today. However, I typically don't like these sorts of arguments of "well... but this particular team lost", so I probably shouldn't have used it. Honestly, I was hoping that our early pass game was going to set up the run, and was hoping to see more of it. It didn't seem to work in the first half, so I don't think it was necessarily wrong to go away from it. Ultimately, I don't think it was passing the ball that lost the game.

Return to a dominance until we have solid leadership in place. Ie our chancellor. Btw he started I the spring of 2001. Look at his decision making since. Makes me giggle.

We lost a game to chance. What if the receiver had dropped it or what if he ran just outside the goaline? Anyway the BYU receiver made a play and you can't define MR on one game. I still think this is a 9 or 10 win team.

Until they get a team/coach/players who can dominate a team on the ground, get used to more of this; as if we aren't used to it already.

I'm out. I'll check back in 5 yrs when we get a new coach and back to OUR system. f#*k this sh#t. I'm sick of it. Tossing the ball around the yard while the other team has freedom.

Their QB was in another country ringing doorbells and preaching the Mormon bible 2 months ago. f'ing figure it out. We suck and we will until we decide to run the f'ing

Sad, but true. Our identity is running the football. We have more talent and supposedly better coaching. It didn't show today. This reminds me of BC. Offense wasn't terrible, but our Defense got schooled. How again did we get beat by a freshman QB? Oh, that's right, he was given all day to throw the ball.

Thank you for not "kicking me out". There's some sense. Yeah it was fun. It was better. It was flashy. But we lacked guts, blood, dominance, etc. more of 9-10 wins. Losing along the way.

So the fire breathing dragon is gone but the non Nebraksa way is too.

Thank you for not "kicking me out". There's some sense. Yeah it was fun. It was better. It was flashy. But we lacked guts, blood, dominance, etc. more of 9-10 wins. Losing along the way.

So the fire breathing dragon is gone but the non Nebraksa way is too.

Return to a dominance until we have solid leadership in place. Ie our chancellor. Btw he started I the spring of 2001. Look at his decision making since. Makes me giggle.

We lost a game to chance. What if the receiver had dropped it or what if he ran just outside the goaline? Anyway the BYU receiver made a play and you can't define MR on one game. I still think this is a 9 or 10 win team.

Why not define MR by his body of work? Seems logical. It seemed like a 9 or 10 win team until we dropped a sure win today, and then the other NU beat Stanford. We will be lucky to win 7 now, unless this coaching staff figures out how to play defense.

Why not define MR by his body of work? Seems logical. It seemed like a 9 or 10 win team until we dropped a sure win today, and then the other NU beat Stanford. We will be lucky to win 7 now, unless this coaching staff figures out how to play defense.

DON'T BE INSANE!

Well who thought Ohio State was gonna make the playoff after losing by a lot at home to an eventual 6-6 Virginia Tech team. Stuff happens but it is not time to panic at all

DON'T BE INSANE!

I am I, I agree with you but I'm being a little more level headed.

I was afraid we would see what we saw out of the offense today. I love Riley and his persona, but I can't stand the kind of offense he runs. I hated it then, I hate it now. I bought into the whole "adapt to athletes" bs. We did some good things, we really did, and the defense played great against the run.

However, without giving an "I will, or I will not"...I'm going to watch to see more games. Right now, I'm leaning toward the I hate the offense so much that I can't stand to watch, but I won't bail unless we go 6-6 or worse. But, this feels eerily similar to Callahan, scheme wise.

BYU knew what we were doing like 70% of the time. That is bad.