Dirty play and Officiating

C N Red

"Dirty play"?! C'mon, Fans, get over it. I thought BYU played a well coached, clean and disciplined game and they have some great athletes on their team: namely those beastly receivers they have. Bad hits, some they can happen, but were in no way intentional, it's just whining to say so. Give them credit for the W, they earned it every bit as much as we did had it gone the other way. I thought the refs called a good game too, BTW. NE just needed to make one more play and guess what, we didn't.

BYU: respect.

Wut?

Diving at a players knees, from behind, is dirty, no matter how you slice it.

• Fire 2

"Dirty play"?! C'mon, Fans, get over it. I thought BYU played a well coached, clean and disciplined game and they have some great athletes on their team: namely those beastly receivers they have. Bad hits, some they can happen, but were in no way intentional, it's just whining to say so. Give them credit for the W, they earned it every bit as much as we did had it gone the other way. I thought the refs called a good game too, BTW. NE just needed to make one more play and guess what, we didn't.

Wut?

I don't think it was intentional, guys just misjudge/mistime and hit too high or low sometimes. Could they have thrown a flag? Yep, but they didn't. This premise that BYU "has a long history of such things" is just sour grapes. We make one more play at the end and we're not having this conversation.

• Fire 1

This is the same team that got into a full on brawl - not just a shoving match - with a team in their bowl game. If you don't think that the Sutton hit was dirty, I guess I don't know what to tell you. There's no way he didn't see the ball fly past - he was looking right at Sutton before taking him out. He had plenty of time to stop, but he didn't want to. End of story.

• Fire 2

This is the same team that got into a full on brawl - not just a shoving match - with a team in their bowl game. If you don't think that the Sutton hit was dirty, I guess I don't know what to tell you. There's no way he didn't see the ball fly past - he was looking right at Sutton before taking him out. He had plenty of time to stop, but he didn't want to. End of story.

Did you actually watch the bowl game? Or just the fight on sportscenter?

I watched the whole thing. BYU got mad because they lost, lost their composure, then after one player headbutted a Memphis guy, they went schoolyard.

This is the same team that got into a full on brawl - not just a shoving match - with a team in their bowl game.

Hmmm, I seem to recall a team last year, got in 2-3 brawls with this team from, hmmm, the S. FL area I think it was. Maybe somebody can help me out here...

That's not a brawl

Look out. Here comes the justification for the bowl game brawl.

"BYU players were only defending their brothers."

"Memphis played dirty all game."

"Just make them do up-downs."

• Fire 5

This is the same team that got into a full on brawl - not just a shoving match - with a team in their bowl game.

Hmmm, I seem to recall a team last year, got in 2-3 brawls with this team from, hmmm, the S. FL area I think it was. Maybe somebody can help me out here...

That's not a brawl

Oh, I guess you're re-defining the English language now to suit your arguments despite the benches nearly emptying not once, but twice--or was it 3 times? Whatever works for ya..

Wut?

https://twitter.com/BrianRTowle/status/640571200339447808

https://twitter.com/danhoppen/status/640543427831074816

I don't think it was intentional, guys just misjudge/mistime and hit too high or low sometimes. Could they have thrown a flag? Yep, but they didn't. This premise that BYU "has a long history of such things" is just sour grapes. We make one more play at the end and we're not having this conversation.
It's called bush league which is where BYU will remain if they keep this crap up.

Wut?

It's called bush league which is where BYU will remain if they keep this crap up.

Sour grapes, bro, sour grapes.

Wut?

Sour grapes, bro, sour grapes.
Nope. I'd feel the same way if I saw a husker doing the same.