Dirty play and Officiating

C N Red

As far as I'm concerned, Ivory is just lobbing around Straw Man's to get a reaction and some of us are taking the bait.

He maintains we're only complaining about the late hit(S) and ignores our legitimate points about:

• Ankle-cranking
  • The awful bowl game incidents (the two linked ITT blatant suckerpunches no real man would throw IMO) and relative lack of consequent suspensions
  • The alleged laughable sham of community service given to a BYU player
  • The other cheapshots (forearm helmet strikes)

While paying lip-service to the nut-shot under the guise of an attempted insult.

Nice try man. You can pretend it's just about the injuries from low tackles and ignore the other points and videos all you want. Honestly, enjoy the win. You got a very talented team this year. But it's a dirty one. Mendenhall seems to have bred a culture of indifference to the dirty tactics, and I'm sure glad NU and its players don't carry themselves that way. It's embarrassing on a national level, and worse when you find out punishment equates to no more than slaps on the wrist.

Take the W. If you gotta drop one, it's best to do it as early as possible, in the non-con. You know who lost their first game last year? Ohio State.

Ohio State didn't lose their first game last year. :D

Oy. Totally thought VaTech was their first game.

Good save. Getting old is hell... memory's starting to go!

Eh, no biggie, a lot of people think that VaTech was Ohio State's first game, probably because it was the game most talked about and it was their only loss. Makes it fresher in memory and easier to assume that it happened first.

I haven't heard much about Michigan State lately. I remember some plays from our first years in the conference that I thought wouldn't go over well with our fans. I know they had a game against UM that got pretty chippy in '11. There was a thread from '12 that highlighted some questionable plays when we beat them in East Lansing. The only thing I recall from our latest meetings was some shenanigans like the flop and clapgate.

On the Suh rhetoric, if you happen to browse around the board you will find most, if not all, husker fans do not like what Suh has become. Im actually embarassed by it. However, while at Nebraska he was fine. But, if he pulled the sh#t hes been doing in the league or any of our players did the sh#t your(BYU) players have been doing i guarantee there would be fan uproar and things would be remedied or coaches/admins would be out of work. I dont know how fans of a program could be okay with players dragging their integrity. Also, if you research, Incognito was released from our program for his transgressions.

• Fire 4

On the Suh rhetoric, if you happen to browse around the board you will find most, if not all, husker fans do not like what Suh has become. Im actually embarassed by it. However, while at Nebraska he was fine. But, if he pulled the sh#t hes been doing in the league or any of our players did the sh#t your(BYU) players have been doing i guarantee there would be fan uproar and things would be remedied or coaches/admins would be out of work. I dont know how fans of a program could be okay with players dragging their integrity. Also, if you research, Incognito was released from our program for his transgressions.

wasn't it Suh that allegedly spit on Chase Daniel?

Missouri's own players didn't think that was true.

Not surprised . . . but wow. What a douche.

http://omaha.com/article/20091008/BIGRED03/910089986

Weatherspoon says QB fabricated spitting incident

« Blog - Sports Writers

Filed by Dirk Chatelain at 9:54 a.m.

Missouri roughed up Nebraska's pride with a 52-17 defeat in Lincoln last year. Then Chase Daniel added insult.

The Missouri quarterback said the Huskers were "one of the dirtiest teams I've played." He also said one player spit on him before the game.

Missouri linebacker Sean Weatherspoon didn't witness the incident in Lincoln, he said this week. But he questions Daniel's truth-telling.

"Maybe Chase could've just been saying that to rev us up," Weatherspoon said. "He could've just said that to get us going. I honestly think that's what happened, because I can't imagine (a player) doing that … I don't believe that. I really don't."

Weatherspoon said his experience in Lincoln last year was positive. Fans were courteous.

"I'm going to have to ask Chase. I'm going to have to call him and figure out what was going on."

« Blog - Sports Writers

Missouri roughed up Nebraska's pride with a 52-17 defeat in Lincoln last year. Then Chase Daniel added insult.

The Missouri quarterback said the Huskers were "one of the dirtiest teams I've played." He also said one player spit on him before the game.

Missouri linebacker Sean Weatherspoon didn't witness the incident in Lincoln, he said this week. But he questions Daniel's truth-telling.

"Maybe Chase could've just been saying that to rev us up," Weatherspoon said. "He could've just said that to get us going. I honestly think that's what happened, because I can't imagine (a player) doing that … I don't believe that. I really don't."

Weatherspoon said his experience in Lincoln last year was positive. Fans were courteous.

"I'm going to have to ask Chase. I'm going to have to call him and figure out what was going on."

And...lets not forget Chase Daniel eats boogers:

• Fire 1

Missouri fans also thought Suh intentionally rolled up Tyler Gabbert's ankle during the '09 game in Columbia, which just about everyone scoffed at outside of Missouri. I've seen variations of the tackle Suh made 100 times and have seen players pop right back up.

Yeah, that was a freak accident. Look at the 0:57 point. No way Suh could have sat down on Gabbert's ankle like that on purpose while making a tackle.

Missouri fans also thought Suh intentionally rolled up Tyler Gabbert's ankle during the '09 game in Columbia, which just about everyone scoffed at outside of Missouri. I've seen variations of the tackle Suh made 100 times and have seen players pop right back up.

Yeah, that was a freak accident. Look at the 0:57 point. No way Suh could have sat down on Gabbert's ankle like that on purpose while making a tackle.

There is nothing dirty about that play. I hate when people assume the player with their obstructed views is able to see what is going on in real time like a fan looking at a replay in slow motion. Suh is a physical freak, but his drive and motivation on top of that is what drops your jaw open.

The defense to the spitting seems to be "I think Daniel might be making that up, because nobody would do something like that on purpose." That story is so old it really doesn't matter, but that defense makes me chuckle in retrospect after all the leg stomps, etc...

Suh has made lots of mistakes in the NFL, and does the kind of stuff that makes you sick. Former BYU player Ziggy Ansah and ex teammate on the Lions said he was an amazing teammate who went out his way to teach and mentor. Ziggy said Suh put everything he had into winning. He works so hard on every play. Every time he does something really wrong I hate him for a few weeks, but I find my respecting his game and then without noticing it, I'm flat out rooting for him to succeed a couple weeks after that. When a guy puts his heart into playing the way Suh does, it's hard for me not to root for him, but you just hope he will cut out the other crap!

I can't believe that fans of the school that gave the NFL two of the dirtiest players in its history, Richie Incognito and Ndamukong Suh, is STILL whining about getting beat up by those big, bad Mormon boys from Provo.

You claim to play big boy football, but the incessant whining is just getting sad. I get it. You had a couple of guys injured by questionable tackles. Oh, wait, just one. sh#t happens in a football game. We lost our star nose tackle for 4-6 weeks to a chop block. But we're not still crying about those dirty, mean Cornhuskers. sh#t happens and you move on.

At least you didn't get nut-punched. Not that it would matter, because how can a nut punch hurt when you have no balls?

Nothing convinces an audience more than using the same debate methods as a 3 year old.

« Blog - Sports Writers

And...lets not forget Chase Daniel eats boogers:

I know it says Daniel on his jersey, but I'm almost positive that's the Smail's kid.

There is nothing dirty about that play. I hate when people assume the player with their obstructed views is able to see what is going on in real time like a fan looking at a replay in slow motion. Suh is a physical freak, but his drive and motivation on top of that is what drops your jaw open.

The defense to the spitting seems to be "I think Daniel might be making that up, because nobody would do something like that on purpose." That story is so old it really doesn't matter, but that defense makes me chuckle in retrospect after all the leg stomps, etc...

Suh has made lots of mistakes in the NFL, and does the kind of stuff that makes you sick. Former BYU player Ziggy Ansah and ex teammate on the Lions said he was an amazing teammate who went out his way to teach and mentor. Ziggy said Suh put everything he had into winning. He works so hard on every play. Every time he does something really wrong I hate him for a few weeks, but I find my respecting his game and then without noticing it, I'm flat out rooting for him to succeed a couple weeks after that. When a guy puts his heart into playing the way Suh does, it's hard for me not to root for him, but you just hope he will cut out the other crap!

go back up and read Knapps post...it was a Mizzou player saying that chase made that story up (spitting) to fire the team up before they played Nebraska. if husker fans want to believe that i can see why they would. if you want to believe that chases teamates are not being truthful about him making up the story go ahead and believe what you like. either way i hope BYU doesn't end up in the spotlight again this season for dirty hits and this can all fade away like the story about suh spitting on someone. these thoughts will follow BYU for a very long time if a false story about suh spitting on someone can flollow Nebraska this long.