Dirty play and Officiating

C N Red

If Paps said it, it's like the journalist melee guy and I believe them, because they said it and they're pros at what they do.

mrw-my-friend-does-something-incredibly-

His eyes are red, has he been tokin' weed?

Judging by your argument, I'd figure you might know! :)

I stand by my commitment that Randy Gregory et al engaged in a brawl(s) with the U. Some say "melee" and some say "literal fistfight", but I am content with the word brawl. And I also think that guy is high!

You're welcome to say it. It just doesn't make it correct, and it doesn't make it remotely comparable to the BYU vs Memphis fight.

• Fire 2

If Paps said it, it's like the journalist melee guy and I believe them, because they said it and they're pros at what they do.

I stand by my commitment that Randy Gregory et al engaged in a brawl(s) with the U. Some say "melee" and some say "literal fistfight", but I am content with the word brawl. And I also think that guy is high!

You're both wrong. It was a donnybrook https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&rlz=1C1VFKB_enUS596US596&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=definition%20of%20brawl

Picture caption from the LJS: "Nebraska safety Corey Cooper (6) holds back cornerback Josh Mitchell (5) as doe pushing and shoving broke out between the teams after a Nebraska interception was nullified by a penalty in third-quarter action at Memorial Stadium on Saturday, Sept. 20, 2014."

He said melees--not just one, but more than one--and I believe him because he's a pro journalist and that's what he wrote.

Further:

“We knew it was going to be one of those old school fistfights,” defensive coordinator John Papuchis said. “It turned out to literally be an old school fistfight.”[/size]

UkXkNvK.png

Do you believe Bo can stop the run?

Picture caption from the LJS: "Nebraska safety Corey Cooper (6) holds back cornerback Josh Mitchell (5) as doe pushing and shoving broke out between the teams after a Nebraska interception was nullified by a penalty in third-quarter action at Memorial Stadium on Saturday, Sept. 20, 2014."

He said melees--not just one, but more than one--and I believe him because he's a pro journalist and that's what he wrote.
Further:

“We knew it was going to be one of those old school fistfights,” defensive coordinator John Papuchis said. “It turned out to literally be an old school fistfight.”[/size]

UkXkNvK.png

Do you believe Bo can stop the run?

fa·ce·tious
fəˈsēSHəs/
adjective
  1. treating serious issues with deliberately inappropriate humor; flippant.

You're both wrong. It was a donnybrook https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&rlz=1C1VFKB_enUS596US596&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=definition%20of%20brawl

Donnybrook, I like this.

Pretty late to the party with this and feel like I'm the guy beating a dead horse, but oh well. I know two kids that walked on at Oregon St and played for Riley. Aside from having nothing but positives about HCMR, they said that when they played BYU, they were the most racist white boys they've ever heard. The sh#t talk mixed with n-bombs were second to none on top of them playing dirty. I don't know what smack talk is like across college football, but that's pretty sad.

Pretty late to the party with this and feel like I'm the guy beating a dead horse, but oh well. I know two kids that walked on at Oregon St and played for Riley. Aside from having nothing but positives about HCMR, they said that when they played BYU, they were the most racist white boys they've ever heard. The sh#t talk mixed with n-bombs were second to none on top of them playing dirty. I don't know what smack talk is like across college football, but that's pretty sad.

From what players have said, and not just at Nebraska but at places both college and professional, smack talk can turn pretty vitriol. In my opinion, there's nothing with a little banter here and there; however, you cross a line if you start bringing race or anything very personal to the table.

So, if someone says to Tom Brady 'hey, how are those deflated footballs treating you?', I don't care. But, if someone lines up across from Maliek and calls him the n-word, that's going too far.

I have no idea what it was like this last weekend in terms of words exchanged, but if BYU's play on the field is any indication, I wouldn't be surprised if they took some inappropriate cheap shots. I'm sure a lot of guys are used to it, though. I thin kit's one of those things you just can't escape in some ways.