Dirty play and Officiating

C N Red

I've not seen anything mentioned about the BYU player making physical contact with the referee after the Hail Mary. I know it was a jubilation hug and most likely spontaneous, and had no effect on the outcome as it would have been after the end of the play, but isn't ANY intentional physical contact with a referee a penalty?

Yeah! He should totally be penalized for that. BYU should have had to kick the extra point form the 18 instead of the 3. Oh wait...

Oh, I guess you're re-defining the English language now to suit your arguments despite the benches nearly emptying not once, but twice--or was it 3 times? Whatever works for ya..

There weren't punches being thrown when we played Miami. Quick, how many guys got bloodied or cold cocked? Oh wait... NONE.

You're right, my bad. NU wasn't in any brawls with The U, they were melees:

Husker defense involved in melees...

http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/football/2014/miami/husker-defense-involved-in-melees/article_bfa3e7e2-3b3f-571b-a004-da7177f187a4.html

541e3ced2dae7.image.jpg

Picture caption from the LJS: "Nebraska safety Corey Cooper (6) holds back cornerback Josh Mitchell (5) as doe pushing and shoving broke out between the teams after a Nebraska interception was nullified by a penalty in third-quarter action at Memorial Stadium on Saturday, Sept. 20, 2014."

He said melees--not just one, but more than one--and I believe him because he's a pro journalist and that's what he wrote.

Picture caption from the LJS: "Nebraska safety Corey Cooper (6) holds back cornerback Josh Mitchell (5) as doe pushing and shoving broke out between the teams after a Nebraska interception was nullified by a penalty in third-quarter action at Memorial Stadium on Saturday, Sept. 20, 2014."

He said melees--not just one, but more than one--and I believe him because he's a pro journalist and that's what he wrote.

Further:

“We knew it was going to be one of those old school fistfights,” defensive coordinator John Papuchis said. “It turned out to literally be an old school fistfight.”

Further:

“We knew it was going to be one of those old school fistfights,” defensive coordinator John Papuchis said. “It turned out to literally be an old school fistfight.”

UkXkNvK.png

• Fire 4

Further:

UkXkNvK.png

If Paps said it, it's like the journalist melee guy and I believe them, because they said it and they're pros at what they do.

If Paps said it, it's like the journalist melee guy and I believe them, because they said it and they're pros at what they do.

mrw-my-friend-does-something-incredibly-

His eyes are red, has he been tokin' weed?

Judging by your argument, I'd figure you might know! :)

I stand by my commitment that Randy Gregory et al engaged in a brawl(s) with the U. Some say "melee" and some say "literal fistfight", but I am content with the word brawl. And I also think that guy is high!