What Did We Learn: Miami Edition

Hammerhead

Sure, Lewis hurt us at exactly the wrong time, but I'm certain that won't happen again.

Now why would you think that Lewis would learn anything from what he done?

The only reason Lewis ended up in Nebraska was because he couldn't control his temper in Colorado and almost beat an Air Force cadet to death. If he didn't learn from that, do you think he will learn from this?...really?...

That when you lose the coin toss to begin overtime and you get to choose the end of the field that you play on, you chose the end of the field that you just scored 23 points in the last eight plus minutes and not the end of the field where you haven't done jack.

The TV showed Riley talking to Drew Brown and Brown motioned that he would want to take that end of the field, as it would be easier to kick in that direction.
I really hope that isn't the reason for the decision. I felt like every husker fan in the stadium lost some juice once we heard that.

I learned that that big loud Miami crowd really rattled our team out there today. That stadium was packed with loud Miami fans.

this is a joke right? The stadium was 2/3 full, and around 40% Husker fans...
Yes I was being sarcastic.
Ok, well I'm tired, sunburned, and emotionally drained... Carry on !

Did you travel to Miami for the game. If you did, safe travels back, man!

I learned that that big loud Miami crowd really rattled our team out there today. That stadium was packed with loud Miami fans.

this is a joke right? The stadium was 2/3 full, and around 40% Husker fans...
Yes I was being sarcastic.
Ok, well I'm tired, sunburned, and emotionally drained... Carry on !

Did you travel to Miami for the game. If you did, safe travels back, man!
yeah, I live in Tampa, so we drove down. At the hotel decompressing now, and we'll head back in the morning.

1. This team never gives up. 23 unanswered points. May have more to do with Miami blowing it, why they didn't run more in the beginning of the 4th is mind-boggling.

2. We can convert 2 pt conversions. Hey hey look at us! the two times we needed two point conversions we nailed them!

3. I won't live past 45. Seriously, this team is going to give me a heart attack. I was tired of the blowouts, and was expecting one against BYU, and ESPECIALLY this one right here when we were down 27-3. But nope they stay right in it keeping me excited and then breaking my heart in the end. Guys my heart can't handle this.

4. We need to recruit more athleticism. Miami made plays that made my eyes pop. I couldn't imagine our guys making plays that some of their guys did. We need to be faster.

• Fire 1

1- Defensive scheme needs a change. Mav has said it a couple of times, 'We cant go man-to-man all day with no pass rush' or something like that.

2- Pass rush sucks. We can't rush the passer with just 4 and the linebacker group we have just isn't helping add pressure with their blitzes.

3- Sad to say Davie needs to sit. I really thought he was going to have a good year but it doesn't look like it's meant to be. :/

4- Sit Hovey and start Stan the Man. Hovey's drops really hurt.

5- We need a better rotation at RB. Newby isn't bad but he doesn't seem to have the vision and change of direction that we need. GIVE WILBON SOME SNAPS PLZ.

6- Our O-line continues to get destroyed. No matter if it's run or a 4 man pass rush.

7- Our linebackers look lost on pass plays. They just hang out in no man's land and seem to be late on some of the out of the backfield pick ups.

8- Without TA this would've been ugly. Serious amount of heart in him.

9- If Miami doesn't fire Golden they're dumb. I've never seen a HC get 3 penalties called on him since Bo was on our sideline.

10- If anything that happened today surprised you then you haven't been a Husker fan for long. I still think this year will be defined more by progress (or lack there of) than the W-L, but yeesh could we please win some close ones?

• Fire 6

I learned I miss the days when NU would rack up 500+ yards of offense and keep the opponent to 250 or less. I also miss the days where the camera would pan the opposing team's player near the end of the 3Q and they would be reaching for the oxygen masks because we ran them to death. And finally, I miss those days when I looked the sidelines and saw all of our coaches and knew that many either played at NU, were from Nebraska or had some ties to the state and program so it was just easy to root and support them.

P.S. That said, TA gave a heck of an effort, hard to blame him for his mistakes, that's just how he plays ... good and bad.

• Fire 1

I learned I miss the days when NU would rack up 500+ yards of offense and keep the opponent to 250 or less. I also miss the days where the camera would pan the opposing team's player near the end of the 3Q and they would be reaching for the oxygen masks because we ran them to death. And finally, I miss those days when I looked the sidelines and saw all of our coaches and knew that many either played at NU, were from Nebraska or had some ties to the state and program so it was just easy to root and support them.

Did you know that Charlie McBride went to Colorado? Did you not root for him because of that?

Did you know that Charlie McBride went to Colorado? Did you not root for him because of that?

I said "many" not all.... I'm fine if I am the only one who feels this way, but rooting for basically the entire OSU staff that is now on our sidelines is a bit tough. I support them, like Coach Riley, thought it was time for Bo to move on, but that said, they have no ties to our program or state. If that's fine for you, that's okay too.