Alex Lewis social media post

Red Five

Leader of the team last year had this attitude. A captain of the team reacts like a cornered bull with the chips down.

A loss like this did nothing to help to the noxious atmosphere that has been persistent around Memorial Stadium. Fans hated Bo, fans loved Bo, fans hated each other, players were dug in defensively against this "cruel" Nebraska culture and shown that they needed to be protected from it. You circle the bandwagons and you end up with everyone wound up tight. I believe a captain last year talked about how they play for each other, not the fans. It shouldn't even be a conflict, but it has been. As angry as the fans are, it's the passion that cuts both ways and everyone just wants Nebraska to do well.

Rising above the tension is the hope, but it's much easier when games are being won.

The most interesting I heard about all this was the suggestion that one of the offensive coaches has lobbied for Lewis to be demoted. Wonder where on earth anyone could have heard that. Surely expect it to happen now. That attitude might not be prevalent on the team; I hope not, but it can't be tolerated from a captain on his 2nd chance.

• Fire 1

If you read all these threads, the season is over. So cut your losses. Boot him from the team and move on. He is a senior. He Has no positive effect on the team going forward.

Not sure if serious, but I 100% agree. No reason he should ever wear the N again. Full on youth movement mode.

Not serious that season over, just what everyone else is saying. Serious about booting Lewis.

It loops into the "ripping bandage" thread. This needs to be handled very clearly. He's done. Time to send a message. This bullsh#t attitude will no be tolerated and will not be allowed to hinder this program and culture any longer. If anyone else has a problem with it, there's the door. You can walk with Alex. If youre in, you will do it the right way. If not, you will sit. Yeah, we may lose and/or sit some key guys in the talent column, but I'd rather go down swinging at 4-8 or whatever knowing we're taking a no-bullsh#t, no short-cut route in purging the toxicity from this program. Look what McElwains done at Florida. Seems to have established his ideals pretty quick down there just a few weeks in having to answer questions on his behavior reacting to an unacceptable act.

Youth movement. Purge. whatever you wanna call it. Time for this staff to show how competitive they are.

• Fire 6

It loops into the "ripping bandage" thread. This needs to be handled very clearly. He's done. Time to send a message. This bullsh#t attitude will no be tolerated and will not be allowed to hinder this program and culture any longer. If anyone else has a problem with it, there's the door. You can walk with Alex. If youre in, you will do it the right way. If not, you will sit. Yeah, we may lose and/or sit some key guys in the talent column, but I'd rather go down swinging at 4-8 or whatever knowing we're taking a no-bullsh#t, no short-cut route in purging the toxicity from this program. Look what McElwains done at Florida. Seems to have established his ideals pretty quick down there just a few weeks in having to answer questions on his behavior reacting to an unacceptable act.

Youth movement. Purge. whatever you wanna call it. Time for this staff to show how competitive they are.

I'm all for the youth movement. Alex has shown zero leadership qualities and frankly his play hasn't shown much either.
  • Fire 1

Agreed. If MR doesn't make a stand now against Lewis and anyone else, that will be something I worry about for quite a while.

Does Lewis have the talent and desire to play at the next level? If so, he really needs to check his attitude especially with his past problems. If he's a borderline NFL talent and being compared to other borderline talent, his attitude could cause teams to pass.

Just like other occupations, the social media stuff can follow you around.

Alex Lewis isn't a NFL talent

You are wrong, we have NFL talent across the board.

We really don't. Steve Taylor mentioned last night that he doesn't even think we have an all conference player on our team right now. He said that the Jimmies and Joes just aren't here to compete and be at the level we need to be.

We really don't. Steve Taylor mentioned last night that he doesn't even think we have an all conference player on our team right now. He said that the Jimmies and Joes just aren't here to compete and be at the level we need to be.

Illinois level?

Yes, I heard him and I agree, I was being sarcastic..