Alex Lewis social media post

Red Five

I was one of many Husker fans at today's game, and we cheered our butts off trying to encourage this team. While I didn't approve of the online post Lewis made a couple weeks back, if he's verbally making this statement while walking off the field after a tough loss, I have no problem with it. I feel the coaches own an apology to the many fans in Husker nation.

• Fire 1

Looking at this, I think his heart was in the right place, but his head wasn't, and his words were poorly chosen. From what I gather online, he legitimately felt bad for the fans that came out to see that s******w in Illinois today.

Should he be captain? Probably not.

Should he be demoted? Only if there is a better player behind him.

Should he be suspended? Hell no...it was an emotional response, and one that has been regurgitated thousands of times on this board since that SNAFU ended today.

But bottom line, Alex appears to be voicing what the team at large is thinking. If they know they suck...well, it's one more indictment of Riley and the current regime to throw on the pile that they themselves have created.

That's pretty much what I was trying to say. You hit it on the head 100%.

Sorry Baytown--didn't mean to regurgitate, didn't see your post before I did mine. And thanks.

Maybe I'm reading too much into this but this is very disturbing. Putting myself into Lewis's shoes I wouldn't say "we suck" if I felt like I personally played poorly. If so I'd just skulk off the field and keep my mouth shut. I take his comment to mean we suck but feels it's not really his fault or maybe not even his teammates fault which logically means it's the coaches fault. If some players feel that way and aren't buying into the new staff that would explain some things. This isn't the first time I've gotten the sense that these players aren't giving it their all. I think Riley won't have success until he gets his own players recruited. Not because he needs certain players to fit his offense or defense, just to flush out some current players. Someone please interpret some other way so I don't feel this way.

• Fire 1

He needs to be benched and no longer a captain at minimum. I'm done with this kid and his attitude.

That's a start, but there's no good reason to keep the cancer in the locker room.

He needs to go, it reminds me of Pitchford on the basketball team last year, and we know how that season went

• Fire 1

I was one of many Husker fans at today's game, and we cheered our butts off trying to encourage this team. While I didn't approve of the online post Lewis made a couple weeks back, if he's verbally making this statement while walking off the field after a tough loss, I have no problem with it. I feel the coaches own an apology to the many fans in Husker nation.

This +10000. Though I think the only thing that would work for an apology at this point is for Riley to go all Japanese and commit Seppuku.

And even then, we'll likely find fault with his technique and how inefficient and poorly coached it was.

• Fire 1

Maybe I'm reading too much into this but this is very disturbing. Putting myself into Lewis's shoes I wouldn't say "we suck" if I felt like I personally played poorly. If so I'd just skulk off the field and keep my mouth shut. I take his comment to mean we suck but feels it's not really his fault or maybe not even his teammates fault which logically means it's the coaches fault. If some players feel that way and aren't buying into the new staff that would explain some things. This isn't the first time I've gotten the sense that these players aren't giving it their all. I think Riley won't have success until he gets his own players recruited. Not because he needs certain players to fit his offense or defense, just to flush out some current players. Someone please interpret some other way so I don't feel this way.

Unfortunately, I believe you're correct.

It's no different than the handful of butthurt Pelini fans trolling the forums. They haven't moved on, so why would we think all the players have.

It's no different than the handful of butthurt Pelini fans trolling the forums. They haven't moved on, so why would we think all the players have.

His losing seasons in Corvallis disagree.

Great game today, no?

Oh, that's right. Illinois is clearly more talented.

• Fire 1

Great game today, no?

Speaking of butthurt Pelini fans, thanks for making my point.

• Fire 1

All this whining and bitching is not doing any good. This staff is not going anywhere any time soon. Go to bed, sleep it off and hope we can beat up on Wisconsin next weekend. Hope everyone learns from this game, and we move forward, that truly is all we can do.

• Fire 1

Great game today, no?

Kernal, just because someone is willing to see through the b******t that was today's game and call for Riley, et al, to be canned, that DOESN'T mean they're a Bo Pelini supporter. That kind of black/white stupidity needs to stay on the Politics board.

Frankly, Bo needed to go, but Riley wasn't the answer. And today's game illustrated this 1000x over in fingerpaint, crayon, paint-by-numbers, canvas, clay, and ceramic. There's NO justification for this loss or how this season has gone so far. NONE.

• Fire 3

Great game today, no?

I'm on the record for saying that I'm glad that Bo is gone.

Continue with the strawman, hip, hip, hooray.