Alex Lewis social media post

Red Five

Simply put, sometimes stuff happens. Not every penalty boils down to a head coach's responsibility. Even IF they did, 3 games is a ludicrously tiny sample size to judge how discipline Riley's teams will be, insofar as penalties. You know what's NOT a small sample size? 7 YEARS. That's how long Bo's teams played with consistent penalty problems.

He's already been asked about it two weeks in a row, and said he's going to clean it up. He's aware of the problem and knows it needs fixed.

You know what is an even BIGGER sample size? Riley's coaching career. Information about his penalty issues are in other threads.

Just because something happened in a totally different time with totally different personnel at a different school isn't indicative of the future HERE.

I'm taking a wait and see approach until I see it for myself. For more than 3 games.

Simply put, sometimes stuff happens. Not every penalty boils down to a head coach's responsibility. Even IF they did, 3 games is a ludicrously tiny sample size to judge how discipline Riley's teams will be, insofar as penalties. You know what's NOT a small sample size? 7 YEARS. That's how long Bo's teams played with consistent penalty problems.

He's already been asked about it two weeks in a row, and said he's going to clean it up. He's aware of the problem and knows it needs fixed.

You know what is an even BIGGER sample size? Riley's coaching career. Information about his penalty issues are in other threads.

Just because something happened in a totally different time with totally different personnel at a different school isn't indicative of the future HERE.

I'm taking a wait and see approach until I see it for myself. For more than 3 games.

So you're a free thinker! Good to hear. Don't believe all that hooha about leopards not changing their spots and dogs not learning new tricks.

He pulled it down, no harm no foul.

Yep. If the worst thing he does is say something in the heat of the moment, it's cool. Nothing he wrote at that moment was a dealbreaker. And if everything I said as a young man was held against me forever, nobody'd be talking to me today.

Forgive & forget. Grow. Move on.

Once a Husker.

• Fire 1

Yep. If the worst thing he does is say something in the heat of the moment, it's cool. Nothing he wrote at that moment was a dealbreaker. And if everything I said as a young man was held against me forever, nobody'd be talking to me today.

Once a Husker.

Yep. I hope he takes this, lights a fire on the OL (and himself) and we win the next 10....

Four simple rules to follow:

If you are a fan, don't be a tool and tweet at recruits

If you are a player, try to stay off of social media during the season

If you cant do that, try not to look at your mentions during the season

If you cant do that, then before you tweet think "is this something that my mom would think is a good idea"

• Fire 1

Once a Husker.

Yep. I hope he takes this, lights a fire on the OL (and himself) and we win the next 10....

if we win the next 10 there will be some pissed off posters on here!

Once a Husker.

last thing we need is more "us against the world mentality"
  • Fire 1

The kid mad a stupid move...i put that on coaching either past or present...doesnt matter...i want to see what riley does now. He has a history of undisciplined teams that have many penalties. He needs to send a message by suspending this kid for a game. Not because he may or may not have cost us the game but because that penalty was inexcusable and is not what true husker fans want to see out of the kids representing our state pride. The kid made a mistake...must now pay for it..learn from it...and we all move on

Coaches need to explain to players how social media works.

A couple of idiots berating players are not representative of the entire fan base. And no good can ever come from responding to those idiots.

Also, the internet is written in ink. When you write something in the heat of the moment, someone is going to read it and save it. Being in the public eye, it is probably better to never post anything negative because someone is going to twist it and make it worse than it is.

• Fire 1

I've never been impressed with the sympathetic child angle. He's a 21-year-old adult man who is plenty old enough to know better, and plenty old enough for his actions to have consequences.

What does that say about the 30-40-50 year olds that tweet at college kids?

21 year old "Men" are still prone to mistakes more than those 30-40-50 year old "men" in my opinion. I'm more wiling to excuse a 21 year old than the latter anyways. Especially when these old guys who get winded going to the refrigerator are criticizing a kid who works his tail off for this.

Most people aren't really trying to just excuse what Lewis did on Twitter anyways. It was dumb, he probably knows that as much as anyone, but in my book a grown man tweeting to a college football player about a mistake he made in the game, well that trumps all.

• Fire 1

I've never been impressed with the sympathetic child angle. He's a 21-year-old adult man who is plenty old enough to know better, and plenty old enough for his actions to have consequences.

What does that say about the 30-40-50 year olds that tweet at college kids?

21 year old "Men" are still prone to mistakes more than those 30-40-50 year old "men" in my opinion. I'm more wiling to excuse a 21 year old than the latter anyways. Especially when these old guys who get winded going to the refrigerator are criticizing a kid who works his tail off for this.

Most people aren't really trying to just excuse what Lewis did on Twitter anyways. It was dumb, he probably knows that as much as anyone, but in my book a grown man tweeting to a college football player about a mistake he made in the game, well that trumps all.

No doubt. And in this case, the guy was a 52 year old mortgage banker for Union Bank who never played a down of football in his life. Unbelieveable. And his twitter account clearly showed his employer's name and his job info. How does any adult think that's OK???

Once a Husker.

last thing we need is more "us against the world mentality"

While I agree...look how many fans turn on this players. I don't blame them for going off on some of the fans, I don't blame them for the us vs the world. Because so many of the fans are so stupid and immature. I think for a long time we looked at it as them doing it to us but really a lot of times it is the idiot fans that cause the problems.