Alex Lewis social media post

Red Five

Sorry Alex, but you made one of the biggest mistakes of the season. You have to own up to that.

Really? He's about 21 years old.....tear him a new one redux. I'm sure he doesn't already feel bad about the penalty. It's a f#cking game for kids, played by kids, that we get to watch. After seeing some of your comments, you need to place a lot less emphasis in your life on how a football team performs. It's not a good look and it's not just you. Way too many tie their happiness to how this mediocre team plays a game. Think about it for awhile and figure why it has absolutely zero to do with you personally and it might help put things in perspective.
I find this pretty hilarious coming from you. You overreact every week towards someone who disagrees with you.

For the record, my posts during the game are emotionally fueled and I'm sure I'm not alone on that.

Instead of getting on facebook and saying sorry for the late hit on a player he takes his frustration out o n the whole fanbase. Not a good look either.

I will agree that what he posted was I'll advised and he shouldn't have done it. But he is 21 years old. Kids (and 21 is a kid btw) will make mistakes.

Hopefully we can agree that how I respond to other grown men on an Internet message board is extremely different than how some grown men respond to college age kids.

Alex being wrong has nothing to do with how some fail to put a game of football in the proper perspective in their life.

"I'm done playing for the state of the Nebraska! You want to blame me for the loss, that's fine! But I have done every thing right to prove I belong and yet you im not a husker! So you want to see what Alex Lewis is about? Then sit back and criticize because I'm going to prove to myself and my family and my family that i am better than these fair weather fans that themselve huskers! You have let loose a storm that the huskers havent seen seen since 95 and you will kiss my feet when im done with you! So screw everyone who ever doubts me. Aka the whole state of Nebraska, who said i was not nebraska worthy since my arrest!"

Yup, sure sounds like he is owning up to it.

Sorry but late hits like that totally piss me off. Not because it drew a flag, but because it's classless. It would irate everyone here if it was a Miami guy who did it. But since it's a Husker and he is just a kid it's a simple mistake. Gimme a break. That crap is not what Nebraska is about.

I hope he learns from it and betters himself. Lets see.

• Fire 1

Sorry Alex, but you made one of the biggest mistakes of the season. You have to own up to that.

Really? He's about 21 years old.....tear him a new one redux. I'm sure he doesn't already feel bad about the penalty. It's a f#cking game for kids, played by kids, that we get to watch. After seeing some of your comments, you need to place a lot less emphasis in your life on how a football team performs. It's not a good look and it's not just you. Way too many tie their happiness to how this mediocre team plays a game. Think about it for awhile and figure why it has absolutely zero to do with you personally and it might help put things in perspective.
I find this pretty hilarious coming from you. You overreact every week towards someone who disagrees with you.

For the record, my posts during the game are emotionally fueled and I'm sure I'm not alone on that.

Instead of getting on facebook and saying sorry for the late hit on a player he takes his frustration out o n the whole fanbase. Not a good look either.

I will agree that what he posted was I'll advised and he shouldn't have done it. But he is 21 years old. Kids (and 21 is a kid btw) will make mistakes.

Hopefully we can agree that how I respond to other grown men on an Internet message board is extremely different than how some grown men respond to college age kids.

Alex being wrong has nothing to do with how some fail to put a game of football in the proper perspective in their life.

Nowhere did I condone dips$&ts with social media accounts attacking players. That crap is just as bad as what Lewis did, maybe worse.

I do t blame alex as much as i do the former staff for the obvious lack of education i. Handling this kind of stuff. This isnt the first time theres been a social media issue. Now maybe this gpes on everywher but that doesnt make it ok. There needs to be structure in place to help the guys handle this stuff. And id say this staff needs to be better in this aspect as well.

• Fire 1

These were two of the tweets from the OWH story that set Alex off. Williamson apologized after his place of work (Union Bank) was called out. I'll never understand why adults are using twitter to criticize players. There's nothing less classy.

You're a team captain. It's time to start acting like one.
— Scott Williamson (@huskerwilly)

should have said you were ready to blow the game. What an idiotic thing to do. The absolute offshoot of being a team player
— Robert Latter (@rlatter3750)

I predict he'll still be playing for the state of the Nebraska on Saturday.

What he said was done out of frustration. Understandable.

Just like most of the stuff that was said in the game thread. Apparantely that isn't acceptable though?

damn it Redux. DONT GO IN THE GAME THREAD.

Youre a tenuredember here. You should no better than that. I am disappoint.

• Fire 1

I predict he'll still be playing for the state of the Nebraska on Saturday.

What he said was done out of frustration. Understandable.

Just like most of the stuff that was said in the game thread. Apparantely that isn't acceptable though?

damn it Redux. DONT GO IN THE GAME THREAD.

Youre a tenuredember here. You should no better than that. I am disappoint.

I usually avoid it, but I didn't have plans for the game so I ventured in. I didn't think anything I said was really that bad.

His tweet was a mistake. However, the disappointing thing is that very few people call out the immature idiots that tweet players and act like spoiled 2 year olds when the team doesn't play how they think they should.

Those people are pathetic and much more of a loser than any of these kids that played hard to win yesterday. If you are one of these people you should be ashamed and embarrassed that you are that immature.

Pretty big difference between the two. Part of having fame is dealing with haters, and the best way to deal is to ignore them, not being light to the situation.

I do t blame alex as much as i do the former staff for the obvious lack of education i. Handling this kind of stuff. This isnt the first time theres been a social media issue. Now maybe this gpes on everywher but that doesnt make it ok. There needs to be structure in place to help the guys handle this stuff. And id say this staff needs to be better in this aspect as well.

Yeah, yikes.

Fans will be fans, which isn't to excuse us, really. There are some pretty classless fans in every fan base in every sport who will say or think pretty horrendous things.

But no player should engage with that, or have this attitude. It's not surprising that a team left by Bo would have these attitudes linger when the chips are down. As a team captain, you have to lead by example and show your teammates how to rise above. This sounds like just the opposite. And it's up to Riley to slowly transform that culture.

Kinda crazy, although not too surprising given the past staff, that a couple tweets like that is all it took for this mentality to rear its ugly head.

As if yesterdays game didnt already tell us this, the Bo Pelini mentality is still engrained in this culture.

It's not surprising that a team left by Bo would have these attitudes linger when the chips are down

What isn't Pelini's fault, in your opinion?...

Lewis was in trouble before he played under Pelini, he shows obnoxious behaviors after he played for Pelini, and he's not done yet.