Alex Lewis social media post

Red Five

Sorry Alex, but you made one of the biggest mistakes of the season. You have to own up to that.

Really? He's about 21 years old.....tear him a new one redux. I'm sure he doesn't already feel bad about the penalty. It's a f#cking game for kids, played by kids, that we get to watch. After seeing some of your comments, you need to place a lot less emphasis in your life on how a football team performs. It's not a good look and it's not just you. Way too many tie their happiness to how this mediocre team plays a game. Think about it for awhile and figure why it has absolutely zero to do with you personally and it might help put things in perspective.

I find this pretty hilarious coming from you. You overreact every week towards someone who disagrees with you.

For the record, my posts during the game every day of football season are emotionally fueled and I'm sure I'm not alone on that.

Instead of getting on facebook and saying sorry for the late hit on a player he takes his frustration out o n the whole fanbase. Not a good look either.

FIFY

Right on cue.

I think you are one of the most emotionally invested posters on this board. It's ok, I don't understand it, but ya, it is what it is.

I could be wrong but I think most people are with me on that. Maybe not.

What isn't Pelini's fault, in your opinion?...

Lewis was in trouble before he played under Pelini, he shows obnoxious behaviors after he played for Pelini, and he's not done yet.

Yes, it could be an individual issue.

I wonder, though, where a player gets the idea that this attitude is okay to express. Could it possibly be a cue from his former coach, given what we *know* that former coach instilled in his team?

There will be a day under Riley when attitudes like this simply won't fly, especially from captains. I would hope, anyway. I am certain that the message sent to Lewis by these coaches is very different than the message that would have been sent by the last coaches, and that may have come as a surprise.

But no player should engage with that, or have this attitude. It's not surprising that a team left by Bo would have these attitudes linger when the chips are down. As a team captain, you have to lead by example and show your teammates how to rise above. This sounds like just the opposite. And it's up to Riley to slowly transform that culture.

Kinda crazy, although not too surprising given the past staff, that a couple tweets like that is all it took for this mentality to rear its ugly head.

It's the gift that keeps on giving.

When things go wrong for an individual, or for the team, there are still people that tend to look elsewhere rather than at themselves. How many times over the past few years have fans been the scapegoats for anger, frustration and blame from players and coaches at Nebraska?

• Fire 1

What isn't Pelini's fault, in your opinion?...

Lewis was in trouble before he played under Pelini, he shows obnoxious behaviors after he played for Pelini, and he's not done yet.

Yes, it could be an individual issue.

I wonder, though, where a player gets the idea that this attitude is okay to express. Could it possibly be a cue from his former coach, given what we *know* that former coach instilled in his team?

There will be a day under Riley when attitudes like this simply won't fly, especially from captains. I would hope, anyway. I am certain that the message sent to Lewis by these coaches is very different than the message that would have been sent by the last coaches. Which may have come as a surprise.

18-21 year old kid!

Alex Lewis should be suspended for a game or 2 and given a heart to heart until he vows not to be good for 2,3,4 penalties per game, whether they be for motion, holding, or personal fouls. The guy clearly has the wrong attitude out there and that's got to stop. He's hurting the team.

I think we should just handle it with internal discipline. He's been embarrassed enough.

Sincerely,

Bronco Mendenhall

GO BYU COUGS!

• Fire 5

Alex Lewis should be suspended for a game or 2 and given a heart to heart until he vows not to be good for 2,3,4 penalties per game, whether they be for motion, holding, or personal fouls. The guy clearly has the wrong attitude out there and that's got to stop. He's hurting the team.

I think we should just handle it with internal discipline. He's been embarrassed enough.

Sincerely,

Bronco Mendenhall

GO BYU COUGS!

Haha,

ALew has had a bad game attitude since he's gotten here and has systematically commited way too many penalties from game to game--more than his share of personal fouls, in particular, but the motion penalties alone will drive you crazy. His penalties will continue to cost the team unless something specific is done. Hopefully it will be done.

p.s., Cougs finally got their comeupence. 3rd time not a charm for them.

A small portion of fans ticks you off and you lash out at the entire state of Nebraska?

Somewhere Bo Pelini is smiling. He's left a stain on this program that is going to take awhile to wash clean.

Lewis made a mistake, hope he acknowledges that and moves on, most Husker fans root for him and want him to do well. They sure as hell don't judge him as a bad person because he made a few bad plays on the football field. Unfortunately, the dumbasses that do, run to their keyboards like a bunch of nancy's and tweet at players. What kind of sissy runs to Twitter to give players a hard time after a loss? Seriously pathetic.

These players need to get off the social media after losses like this. Nothing good can come of it. Just like coming to Huskerboard during or after a loss, the whiny bitches are out in full force.

tumblr_lf8s4yWs6H1qa6ql2o1_500.gif

+1 X10000

Sorry Alex, but you made one of the biggest mistakes of the season. You have to own up to that.

Really? He's about 21 years old.....tear him a new one redux. I'm sure he doesn't already feel bad about the penalty. It's a f#cking game for kids, played by kids, that we get to watch. After seeing some of your comments, you need to place a lot less emphasis in your life on how a football team performs. It's not a good look and it's not just you. Way too many tie their happiness to how this mediocre team plays a game. Think about it for awhile and figure why it has absolutely zero to do with you personally and it might help put things in perspective.

I find this pretty hilarious coming from you. You overreact every week towards someone who disagrees with you.

For the record, my posts during the game every day of football season are emotionally fueled and I'm sure I'm not alone on that.

Instead of getting on facebook and saying sorry for the late hit on a player he takes his frustration out o n the whole fanbase. Not a good look either.

FIFY

Right on cue.

I think you are one of the most emotionally invested posters on this board. It's ok, I don't understand it, but ya, it is what it is.

I could be wrong but I think most people are with me on that. Maybe not.

No, during the game it's excitement fueled.

Before and after it is time invested into following the team fueled.