At what point do we stop bringing up Bo to defend Riley?

You're assuming I don't root for him to do well.

You know what they say about assumptions. Usually.

Do I have the option of vetoing the hire and not giving him a chance?

But I do have to be honest. I don't "hope I'm wrong". I just don't really care any more.

Some unsolicited advice: find something else to enjoy in life, and come back either when Nebraska starts winning more, or hires a coach to your liking.

You know what they say about assumptions. Usually.

Do I have the option of vetoing the hire and not giving him a chance?

But I do have to be honest. I don't "hope I'm wrong". I just don't really care any more.

Some unsolicited advice: find something else to enjoy in life, and come back either when Nebraska starts winning more, or hires a coach to your liking.

Admin or not, that seems pretty uncool to copy something over here from the woodshed.

Root for our new coach to do well.

It's more fun. Honestly.

Well maybe not as fun as you proving us wrong when Nebraska slides into the abyss, but good enough in the meantime.

The proof was in your sig line.

Thanks for changing it.

Can we assume you didn't mean it?

Root for our new coach to do well.

It's more fun. Honestly.

Well maybe not as fun as you proving us wrong when Nebraska slides into the abyss, but good enough in the meantime.

The proof was in your sig line.

Thanks for changing it.

Can we assume you didn't mean it?

No, it wasn't proof that I was rooting against him. There's sometimes a difference between what you think will happen and what you hope to happen.

You're welcome.

No, I still believe it.

There's sometimes a difference between what you think will happen and what you hope to happen.

Yes. But you don't hope you're wrong: "I don't 'hope I'm wrong'".

The Woodshed is not private; it's opt in, not confidential. They're your words, so own them.

You made up your mind long ago and now you're here to take a leak in everyone's Cheerios. It's not a mystery that this would go unappreciated by most. Perhaps some day Riley will prove to be a disaster, or lose it and cuss out the fans. That'll be Christmastime for you, and you'll have plenty of choir to preach to then. Jumping the gun a little eagerly at the moment.

• Fire 2

There's sometimes a difference between what you think will happen and what you hope to happen.

The Woodshed is not private; it's opt in, not confidential. They're your words, so own them.

You made up your mind long ago and now you're here to take a leak in everyone's Cheerios. It's not a mystery that this would go unappreciated by most. Perhaps some day Riley will prove to be a disaster, or lose it and cuss out the fans. That'll be Christmastime for you, and you'll have plenty of choir to preach to then. Jumping the gun a little eagerly at the moment.

I'll own my whole post, not your cherry picked selective quoting:

I feel the same as walksalone. I don't even know what you mean by "give him a chance". Do I have the option of vetoing the hire and not giving him a chance?

But I do have to be honest. I don't "hope I'm wrong". I just don't really care any more. I don't have any hope that he will do any good. I think he, and his staff even moreso, are in way over their heads. I guess if he does prove me wrong I'll be pleasantly surprised and I'll admit I was wrong and climb aboard the Husker train again. I like seeing an underdog come out on top once in awhile and Riley doing it would make for an awesome story. But, I don't think I can really get back to my old 1969-2003 level of Husker fandom until they get someone competent running the program.

Going out and hiring the first nice guy who will take the job just doesn't work. Anwhere! Especially at Nebraska. It's a unique place in the college football world. Devaney and Osborne laid out a perfect blueprint for making Husker football successful. Pederson took a sh#t on it, Pederhorst is wiping his ass with it and Perlman is dead set on flushing it. If somebody can recover it from the waste treatment plant, I'll definitely be back on board.

I'll own my whole post, not your cherry picked selective quoting:

I feel the same as walksalone. I don't even know what you mean by "give him a chance". Do I have the option of vetoing the hire and not giving him a chance?

But I do have to be honest. I don't "hope I'm wrong". I just don't really care any more. I don't have any hope that he will do any good. I think he, and his staff even moreso, are in way over their heads. I guess if he does prove me wrong I'll be pleasantly surprised and I'll admit I was wrong and climb aboard the Husker train again. I like seeing an underdog come out on top once in awhile and Riley doing it would make for an awesome story. But, I don't think I can really get back to my old 1969-2003 level of Husker fandom until they get someone competent running the program.

Going out and hiring the first nice guy who will take the job just doesn't work. Anwhere! Especially at Nebraska. It's a unique place in the college football world. Devaney and Osborne laid out a perfect blueprint for making Husker football successful. Pederson took a sh#t on it, Pederhorst is wiping his ass with it and Perlman is dead set on flushing it. If somebody can recover it from the waste treatment plant, I'll definitely be back on board.

lol...you jumped off the bandwagon at the wrong time. and if you jumped off the bandwagon that long ago why the heck are you still here "sh#ttting, wiping, and flushing" the program with every post you make?

At some point the Moderators have to step in. When a person won't self-police, you have to do it for them.

The suggestion is always to "use the ignore function." But you can't, because every thread is bogged down with these serial bitchers. Where can I go to talk about football without having to deal with this crap?

There are 175 posts in this thread.

GBRedneck has 17

Bowfin has 10

ColoradoHusk has 8

74Hunter has 7

TheSker has 5

That's 47 posts, each of which has a reply or two, dominated by people who are only here to bitch. There's no football discussion, it's just bitching.

There are 78 posts in the 'Athlon: Open letter to the concerned Nebraska fan' thread. This group has 18 of them.

28 posts in the 'I don't think Sam liked the Play Call' thread. These guys have nine of them.

115 posts in the 'Which team was more talented?' thread. These guys have 11 of them.

That's not counting all of the replies specifically to these guys, almost all of which are griping at them for doing nothing more than pissing and moaning.

Those are the top threads in this forum as I type this. Each of them is filled with 25%-50% of these guys just bitching about Riley.

And that doesn't count the posts that have been moved or deleted due to personal attacks.

I can't ignore their posts, because everyone quotes them and replies, which further detracts from the conversation.

Where am I supposed to go to just talk football?

• Fire 8

Yeah, criticizing Mike Riley isn't the same as defending Bo Pelini. Except when that's exactly what it is.

Lol. Some people will see what they want to see, and when they don't see what they want they make things up.

So, what do we call those who bring up all of the past staffs' failures ( both real and imagined) in attempt to excuse the failures of the current staff?

At some point the Moderators have to step in. When a person won't self-police, you have to do it for them.

The suggestion is always to "use the ignore function." But you can't, because every thread is bogged down with these serial bitchers. Where can I go to talk about football without having to deal with this crap?

There are 175 posts in this thread.

GBRedneck has 17

Bowfin has 10

ColoradoHusk has 8

74Hunter has 7

TheSker has 5

That's 47 posts, each of which has a reply or two, dominated by people who are only here to bitch. There's no football discussion, it's just bitching.

There are 78 posts in the 'Athlon: Open letter to the concerned Nebraska fan' thread. This group has 18 of them.

28 posts in the 'I don't think Sam liked the Play Call' thread. These guys have nine of them.

115 posts in the 'Which team was more talented?' thread. These guys have 11 of them.

That's not counting all of the replies specifically to these guys, almost all of which are griping at them for doing nothing more than pissing and moaning.

Those are the top threads in this forum as I type this. Each of them is filled with 25%-50% of these guys just bitching about Riley.

And that doesn't count the posts that have been moved or deleted due to personal attacks.

I can't ignore their posts, because everyone quotes them and replies, which further detracts from the conversation.

Where am I supposed to go to just talk football?

So now posting facts is "bitching?"

Got it.

You're welcome for all of the hits to the message board.

Anyhow, cherry picking quotes to misrepresent someone's opinion is pretty sad.