Brian Stewart and the Secondary

thatguy

Still hard for me to understand why they are coached not to look for the ball. Ahhh, I remember when the secondary was going to be the strength of the defense before the season started (there was also a lot of talk about the d-line, although I thought we were in serious trouble at DE). Anyone remember that? Now the pass defense is bad because there is no talent in the secondary.

Still hard for me to understand why they are coached not to look for the ball. Ahhh, I remember when the secondary was going to be the strength of the defense before the season started (there was also a lot of talk about the d-line, although I thought we were in serious trouble at DE). Anyone remember that? Now the pass defense is bad because there is no talent in the secondary.

I think that gets overblown a bit too much. What's really hurting the secondary is their poor positioning.

I think that gets overblown a bit too much. What's really hurting the secondary is their poor positioning.

I agree with this, they have to be in position to see the eyes move and focus in and watch the hands start to move, if you aren't in position it doesn't matter if you look back. You can't make a play in the ball or a tackle if you are way out of position

Poor positioning is definitely part of it. But how many times this year have they actually been in position, not looked back, and the ball lands right in the receiver's hands?

This is done to give the coaches another point of view, besides on the sidelines. That's probably where Stewart is during the game.

Well, if being up in the box is what's working so far, Stewart would be a fool not to keep going with that...I mean, he can always text or Facebook...

I'm not a fan of what Stewart is doing with the secondary, but to say he's a bad coach because he isn't on the sidelines is ridiculous. There are always coaches "in the sky" in the coach's box. This is done to give the coaches another point of view, besides on the sidelines. That's probably where Stewart is during the game.

I'm not saying he's a bad coach. he might actually be a great coach (even though i didn't like the hire from the beginning). you are probably right about him being in the skybox, but to not have anyone in the DB's ears giving encouragement or correction during the game is sad and speaks to really poor leadership and a serious lack of cohesion.

and that brings up another point i haven't heard addressed: I think its very likely that there are serious divisions on the staff. i honestly do not believe they are all on the same page. and the players can tell. just another reason why fans can't blame players for not buying in. coaches are not all bought in themselves.