Banker = Cosgrove

I posted this in another thread, but it fully explains why our defense is as putrid as it is.. Another of 408's recruits that Banker has to work with.

https://vine.co/v/exwiiQtWYEd

Speed kills, molasses is well, just molasses!

You coach what you've got. If McMullen is too slow for DE, move him. You're the DC, you have that option, right? Obviously Banker sees no problems there. That's a coaching problem. Your Bo hatred has reached obsessive levels and counseling seems needed.

I'm still not sure where all the worship for MSU's defense comes from, Beck's offense made it look pretty porous when we didn't kill ourselves with penalties and stupid turnovers. If we start leaking out lots of run yardage in conference play I'm not sure patience will be enough.

I posted this in another thread, but it fully explains why our defense is as putrid as it is.. Another of 408's recruits that Banker has to work with.

We have 3 on staff who have held the title of defensive coordinator, a head coach with an alleged reputation in talent development and a staff full of "experienced teachers"........so I'll assume they have the knowledge and ability to play the right personnel and get them fully ready to play.

I'm not sure we have anyone else unless we burn a redshirt.

No need to worry......Riley can do more with less.

You coach what you've got. If McMullen is too slow for DE, move him. You're the DC, you have that option, right? Obviously Banker sees no problems there. That's a coaching problem. Your Bo hatred has reached obsessive levels and counseling seems needed.

I'm still not sure where all the worship for MSU's defense comes from, Beck's offense made it look pretty porous when we didn't kill ourselves with penalties and stupid turnovers. If we start leaking out lots of run yardage in conference play I'm not sure patience will be enough.

I have no obsession, just pointing out why we are in the situation that he left us in. They are his players, Banker is trying to make the most of it.

If you move him, who is the replacement, your suggestions please.

We have 3 on staff who have held the title of defensive coordinator, a head coach with an alleged reputation in talent development and a staff full of "experienced teachers"........so I'll assume they have the knowledge and ability to play the right personnel and get them fully ready to play.

I'm not sure we have anyone else unless we burn a redshirt.
I think the real issue is with husker nation.

It's time for us to realize that the best DE by far is a RS freshman that played TE last year. I've stated this in about three threads but no one is talking about the LBs getting stoned on blitzes and how terrible the are in pass coverage.

I don't think the fa base realizes how slow the front 7 are as a group. It'll hurt, but I wouldn't burn anyone's redshirt.

I have no obsession, just pointing out why we are in the situation that he left us in. They are his players, Banker is trying to make the most of it.

Bo's players are in Youngstown. These are now Bankers players if he is the coach. The blanket excuse of "no talent" is weak. Experienced coaches should be able to compensate for the troubles we are having. Wasn't that the knock on Bo? Inability to adjust the defense to the run? If over 1500yds passing in 4 games is "the most of it" we'll probably be helping the rest of the B1G pad their passing stats.

• Fire 1

This is excellent. I didn't see this play, but I saw two were Malik stunted 3 yards to the outside of the DE. This basically took him out of the play and completely renders him useless in a quick drop.

They new guys had him bulk up. Terrible idea.

Bo's players are in Youngstown. These are now Bankers players if he is the coach. The blanket excuse of "no talent" is weak. Experienced coaches should be able to compensate for the troubles we are having. Wasn't that the knock on Bo? Inability to adjust the defense to the run? If over 1500yds passing in 4 games is "the most of it" we'll probably be helping the rest of the B1G pad their passing stats.

As a former player tweeted, "you can't judge Riley's meal made with 408's grocery's. As much as many of you bolievers want to bash the current staff, They have to try to put a competitive team on the field with what they got until they can recruit better talent.

I will answer the question I posed to Rex, there is nobody else because in the last 4 years, 408 was lazy and didn't bring in anybody better. We play with what we got.

• Fire 2

This is excellent. I didn't see this play, but I saw two were Malik stunted 3 yards to the outside of the DE. This basically took him out of the play and completely renders him useless in a quick drop.

Not sure this is true,, link???

As a former player tweeted, "you can't judge Riley's meal made with 408's grocery's. As much as many of you bolievers want to bash the current staff, They have to try to put a competitive team on the field with what they got until they can recruit better talent.

I will answer the question I posed to Rex, there is nobody else because in the last 4 years, 408 was lazy and didn't bring in anybody better. We play with what we got.

Shanle's quote. And it's spelled groceries.

So the ability to develop and do more with less is simply a line we've been fed?

Not sure this is true,, link???

The media talked about it week 1 of fall practice. He came in around the 300 mark at the start of fall, vs the 270-280 he was last year. Specifically, I remember Sean Callahan and the HOL crew discussing it in one of their podcasts.

That guy was a beast last year. I wonder what caused him to lose all his talent?

You might be overstating it a bit. He had how many sacks last year???

He was third in sacks with 4, behind Gregory (7) and Collins (4.5), and just ahead of Valentine and Williams with 3 each.

Honest question - has anyone actually watched Michigan State play enough to know that we're even ATTEMPTING to run the same types of coverages they are? Or are we just taking someone's word from it from 8 months ago.

I am extremely doubtful that this is what they run. But I haven't watched them enough to know.

They are running more cover 4 than we are right now. We are running a lot more cover 1 than they are.

MSU is struggling with their pass D as well this year. They are 108th in ypg and 87th in pass efficiency rating. We are 128th and 102nd respectively.

• Fire 1

After rewatching a good portion of the game, I feel a little better. Seems to be a perfect storm right now.

We've played some pretty good passing teams so far which is exposing our warts. When we don't get pressure on the QB, they are able to hit routes down the field or pick on our inexperienced LBs in coverage. Guys seem to be losing focus on their technique which needs to be corrected pronto. Too many inside releases.

Getting some guys healthy and/or more experience should help. Don't think we'll be a good pass D by year's end but we could be mediocre.

Thought the PI call on the Kalu INT was bogus. Was a big call in the game. Good play by him