Riley Sucks, Who Do We Steal?

I've been saying it all along. Scott Frost is your answer!

Another first time head coach, brilliant!!!

Yeah, it's not like Nebraska has a history of 1st time head coaches having success:

Tom Osborne - 255-49-3 (.836) 1 of only two head coaches in D1 CFB history to never win fewer than 9 games per season

Frank Solich - 58-19 (.753) Never had a losing season

Bo Pelini - 67-27 (.713) The only other head coach in D1 CFB history to never win fewer than 9 games per season

• Fire 2

Yeah, it's not like Nebraska has a history of 1st time head coaches having success:

Tom Osborne - 255-49-3 (.836) 1 of only two head coaches in D1 CFB history to never win fewer than 9 games per season

Bo Pelini - 67-27 (.713) The only other head coach in D1 CFB history to never win fewer than 9 games per season

So you define success as being fired as the HC at NU. nice. if they were so successful they would still be coaching at NU :facepalm:

• Fire 2

So you define success as being fired as the HC at NU. nice. if they were so successful they would still be coaching at NU :facepalm:

So, winning over 70% of your games isn't successful? I guess you've never heard of Harvey Perlman or Steve Pederson? Nebraska is the only school in history to fire a 9 win coach without any losing seasons. In fact, they've done it twice!

• Fire 1

It doesn't make sense to fire someone in their first year unless they are win-less. Riley hasn't been great for you guys but he has been competitive, you've been in every game this year and could very easily be 6-0 right now. Firing a guy like that so early sets a terrible precedent and it's not as if people are beating down the door to coach at Nebraska.

You have to play to your strengths. Some schools have location, others have tons of money, fertile recruiting grounds or a prestigious conference but in Nebraska's case I think we'd all agree that your greatest strength and source of appeal to potential coaching hires and recruits alike is your history and tradition. Flipping between guys every couple of years sort of cheapens that. Were I a Nebraska fan I'd give him at least three years.

• Fire 4

It doesn't make sense to fire someone in their first year unless they are win-less. Riley hasn't been great for you guys but he has been competitive, you've been in every game this year and could very easily be 6-0 right now. Firing a guy like that so early sets a terrible precedent and it's not as if people are beating down the door to coach at Nebraska.

You have to play to your strengths. Some schools have location, others have tons of money, fertile recruiting grounds or a prestigious conference but in Nebraska's case I think we'd all agree that your greatest strength and source of appeal to potential coaching hires and recruits alike is your history and tradition. Flipping between guys every couple of years sort of cheapens that. Were I a Nebraska fan I'd give him at least three years.

Bucky!

Great game yesterday, congrats to you guys. As exciting a football game as could be. Wish we had come out on top.

Good to see you back around Bucky!!!
  • Fire 1

I don't recall Dr. Tom being fired as HC. Now, he was pushed out as AD, not head coach.

I digress, I guess I'd take any of those 3 over what we currently have.

So, winning over 70% of your games isn't successful? I guess you've never heard of Harvey Perlman or Steve Pederson? Nebraska is the only school in history to fire a 9 win coach without any losing seasons. In fact, they've done it twice!

and yet he got fired. Duh your right I've never herd of them.

What does steve have to do with you coach being sh#t canned.

Bucky!

Great game yesterday, congrats to you guys. As exciting a football game as could be. Wish we had come out on top.

What's up Zoogs! Yea it's been a crazy, forgettable season for a lot of fans this year.