Riley Sucks, Who Do We Steal?

Like anyone would ever want to come here if we fire a guy after one season...

I hope you're being sarcastic. You show a guy enough $$$ and he could care less how long the last coach lasted.

Good luck selling to recruits and assistant coaches.

1 year firing does not happen.

Nor will it. I'm just saying, if you don't think a coach will come here for a Harbaugh-esque amount of $, just because the previous coach got canned after one season for having a losing record, then you're just wrong.

• Fire 1

I hope you're being sarcastic. You show a guy enough $$$ and he could care less how long the last coach lasted.

This is borderline ridiculous. Let's say we give Chip a cool 8 mil. He comes here and coaches in 16'. Then, Texas gets tired of Strong. They offer Chip a cool 9 mil. He bolts for greener pasture. Is this really the cycle we want to get in? Harbaugh took probably the only college coaching gig he ever would have because it's his alma mater. If Nebraska offered him a similar deal, he more than likely stays in the pros. Saban already turned down a large sum of money when offered by Texas. Throwing money at a problem seldom fixes the problem. If it did, public education would be outstanding!

This is borderline ridiculous. Let's say we give Chip a cool 8 mil. He comes here and coaches in 16'. Then, Texas gets tired of Strong. They offer Chip a cool 9 mil. He bolts for greener pasture. Is this really the cycle we want to get in? Harbaugh took probably the only college coaching gig he ever would have because it's his alma mater. If Nebraska offered him a similar deal, he more than likely stays in the pros. Saban already turned down a large sum of money when offered by Texas. Throwing money at a problem seldom fixes the problem. If it did, public education would be outstanding!

That's an awful lot of "what ifs." Bottom line is, money talks. Without the $, Harbaugh wouldn't be at Michigan, Saban wouldn't be at Bama, etc. They'd be somewhere else that was willing to pay top dollar for a premium coach, something we haven't shown the willingness to do.

That's an awful lot of "what ifs." Bottom line is, money talks. Without the $, Harbaugh wouldn't be at Michigan, Saban wouldn't be at Bama, etc. They'd be somewhere else that was willing to pay top dollar for a premium coach, something we haven't shown the willingness to do.

I agree. Harbaugh would still be in the pros without the $. Kind of makes you wonder how long he'll stick around Michigan doesn't it? If we go down the path you are suggesting, we will be the coaching carousel. We'll more than likely be breaking in a new coach every two to three years. We might as well throw a cool 10 mil at John Calipari as well and see what he can do with the basketball team in the one year he's here.

I live in South Carolina and am tight with a lot of the alums, etc. The rumor (and its just a rumor, but it has legs) is they South Carolina is very, very, very interested in having Joe Moglia
take over the program to replace Spurrier.

I thought (and expressed my feelings last year) that he would have been a hell of a hire--hire a great staff (lure Frost in as OC/Assistant HC) knowing that Moglia wont be around forever,

Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

We only give Kelly a one year contract? We gave Bo & Riley 5 years.

We only give Kelly a one year contract? We gave Bo & Riley 5 years.

Yeah, be careful or this is gonna start sounding silly.

• Fire 1