So Tommy Decided to Pass?

And even if it was all Armstrong's fault, it still doesn't explain why they turned around and called a pass play on 4th down.

Because you are more likely converting a 4th and 7 by throwing than by running. And when you turn the ball over on downs the clock stops whether you run or pass

Or maybe kick a 44 yd FG and end it?

Who am I kidding. They chose not to end it on 3rd down when they had the chance. Why would they choose to end it on 4th down?

You are just trolling here, there is no way we can kick a FG into that wind with a good FG, and we have a horrible one, so no kicking a FG wasn't an option. Running out the clock should have been the only option.

• Fire 1

They just said on BTN, pass play was called but Tommy was instructed not to pass. He threw it anyway.

What's important here is a pass play was called....why call a pass play if you're not going to pass.......WHY EVEN THINK OF THE WORD PASS IN THAT SITUATION

If true then you are correct. That is stuff you expect out of High School coaches, not guys who are getting paid millions to run a brand like Nebraska.

At least with Callahan we signed 4 star and 5 star talent.

True that.

The recruiting from this current coaching staff is concerning so far. Where are the DL and DB we need.

After today there is plenty to bitch about as it pertains to the coaching staff, but WTF are you talking about? They are doing well recruiting, the best since Callahan was here. You can't fix a black hole that the previous staff left in one class.

That black hole that won 9 games every season? Stop.

Who gives a flying f#*k about winning 9 games against sh**ty teams? You just need "to stop" with defending a guy who told an entire fan base to go f#*k itself. In case you didn't know that includes you too. You also need to admit the truth that Bo, just like Frank left with very little talent on the team and it is going to take time for this coaching staff to fill those holes. Look at how many busts we had in the 2012/2013 recruiting classes and you will see why we don't have any LB's, DE's, or DT's.

He told both of you guys to f#ck yourself? Wow. He didn't say that to me. But I wasn't booing the team at halftime or leaving the biggest comeback victory in Husker history early.

• Fire 1

They just said on BTN, pass play was called but Tommy was instructed not to pass. He threw it anyway.

I can understand that happening.....if Tommy has EVER chosen to pass instead of run.......ever.

Games on the line. Players are confused and flustered. Lets get cute. Friggin unreal.

• Fire 1

At least with Callahan we signed 4 star and 5 star talent.

True that.

The recruiting from this current coaching staff is concerning so far. Where are the DL and DB we need.

After today there is plenty to bitch about as it pertains to the coaching staff, but WTF are you talking about? They are doing well recruiting, the best since Callahan was here. You can't fix a black hole that the previous staff left in one class.

That black hole that won 9 games every season? Stop.

Who gives a flying f#*k about winning 9 games against sh**ty teams? You just need "to stop" with defending a guy who told an entire fan base to go f#*k itself. In case you didn't know that includes you too. You also need to admit the truth that Bo, just like Frank left with very little talent on the team and it is going to take time for this coaching staff to fill those holes. Look at how many busts we had in the 2012/2013 recruiting classes and you will see why we don't have any LB's, DE's, or DT's.

He told both of you guys to f#ck yourself? Wow. He didn't say that to me. But I wasn't booing the team at halftime or leaving the biggest comeback victory in Husker history early.

You are delusional and it is sad that you would make excuses for Little Bo Bleep like that. I wasn't at that game, I was in Japan at the time, so yea there's that. And both of us know that the "biggest comeback in Husker history" would have been nothing more than another ass kicking if tOSU's QB didn't get hurt. Bo was one lucky SOB, I will give him that. I wish we still had some luck left and we would have had a better record right now, while still being a bad football team aka the Pellini era.

Who gives a flying f#*k about winning 9 games against sh**ty teams? You just need "to stop" with defending a guy who told an entire fan base to go f#*k itself. In case you didn't know that includes you too.

Just get over this already. It's YEARS old and we got a bigger problem now named Mike Riley.

Who gives a flying f#*k about winning 9 games against sh**ty teams? You just need "to stop" with defending a guy who told an entire fan base to go f#*k itself. In case you didn't know that includes you too.

Just get over this already. It's YEARS old and we got a bigger problem now named Mike Riley.

It just gets old with the Bo lovers always using 9 wins as the gold standard of college football. I personally don't see how anyone can want that POS back.

Is something unraveling when coaches throw their QB under the bus?

Because that's exactly what happened.

If they told him not to pass, and he threw it anyway, then what the f#*k do you want the coaches to say?

You can't tell the truth because we need to coddle these kids like they are in pop warner football. That is part of growing up and becoming a man, if you f#*k up own up to it.

If they told him not to pass, and he threw it anyway, then what the f#*k do you want the coaches to say?
Something didn't translate, because the receivers, RB, and QB indicated it was a pass by their actions.

I don't get it. Call a pass play with pass blocking, but instruct TA not to pass. So pretty much giving him 0 chance to succeed. Why get so cute? If you want him to run, why not call a running play? Maybe he slips a tackle and picks up a first down.

Which do you choose in this situation?

QB Keep

Hand off to RB

Hand off to FB

Kneel

Call a pass play

Call a pass play but instruct QB not to pass.

If the above info is true, it makes the coaches look worse.

Something didn't translate, because the receivers, RB, and QB indicated it was a pass by their actions.

Ozigbo said after the game that he thought a pass play was called.

Ozigbo said after the game that he thought a pass play was called.

If everything on this thread is mostly accurate, then it is entirely on the coaches. The fake was bad, Carter didn't go in motion, Ozigbo thought it was a pass play, the receivers made it look like a pass play. So, Riley needs to own up and say we got too cute on third down and move on.

• Fire 1

I don't get it. Call a pass play with pass blocking, but instruct TA not to pass. So pretty much giving him 0 chance to succeed. Why get so cute? If you want him to run, why not call a running play? Maybe he slips a tackle and picks up a first down.

Which do you choose in this situation?

QB Keep

Hand off to RB

Hand off to FB

Kneel

Call a pass play

Call a pass play but instruct QB not to pass.

If the above info is true, it makes the coaches look worse.

I agree. Initial reaction was to question what the hell Armstrong was thinking, but honestly, what a stupid call to begin with.

What is with Offensive Coordinators these days, especially Beck and now Langsdorf, why is there this need to get cute and "out-think" the opponent. It's such horsesh#t.

It's also an indictment of their so called "stick to what we do well" approach. Clearly nobody out there had f'ing clue what they were doing on that play.

• Fire 1