So Tommy Decided to Pass?

This is twice now that the coaches have thrown Tommy under the bus. Last week, Riley says what a great call it was by Langsdorf in overtime. Really? Didn't have Westerkamp or any of your top receivers in on the play and it was a great play call huh? interesting. Now this BS. That's it, I've had enough. Bootleg or not it's the absolute wrong call in that situation, and watching the play I'm failing to see how that was a bootleg. Ozigbo was looking for the ball the whole way it looked like a designed pass. I gave Riley a chance, I wanted to believe in him because I want Nebraska football to succeed. But today's game just ended any hope I had for him leading this team to success.

At least with Callahan we signed 4 star and 5 star talent.

True that.

The recruiting from this current coaching staff is concerning so far. Where are the DL and DB we need.

After today there is plenty to bitch about as it pertains to the coaching staff, but WTF are you talking about? They are doing well recruiting, the best since Callahan was here. You can't fix a black hole that the previous staff left in one class.

Dude what recruiting rankings are you looking at? This class looks average at best

At least with Callahan we signed 4 star and 5 star talent.

True that.

The recruiting from this current coaching staff is concerning so far. Where are the DL and DB we need.

After today there is plenty to bitch about as it pertains to the coaching staff, but WTF are you talking about? They are doing well recruiting, the best since Callahan was here. You can't fix a black hole that the previous staff left in one class.

Dude what recruiting rankings are you looking at? This class looks average at best

Dare I say...... Bo like?

No way Tommy should take the blame. You hand the damn ball off going north-south. This game is on the coaches. Also, a grown man doesn't throw a 20 year old under the bus. You always say it's your own fault. Then, if it actually isn't, you keep it in-house and have that discussion with that player the next day.

Make all the excuses for Tommy you want. I don't care if the coaches called a pass there and threw him under the bus to cover their asses. A smart QB would've never thrown that ball. I've given TA credit where it's due, but he made a mistake on that play. Plain and simple.

#quarterbackgurucoaching

Make all the excuses for Tommy you want. I don't care if the coaches called a pass there and threw him under the bus to cover their asses. A smart QB would've never thrown that ball. I've given TA credit where it's due, but he made a mistake on that play. Plain and simple.

There's clearly a huge lack of situational understanding on this football team. Not just with Tommy. Heck, apparently even the coaches with all their experience, still don't quite get it either.

I'm not off the ship, but there's no excuse for that crap. Pathetic. No two ways about it. If the coaches and players don't feel ashamed for that one, then I'll feel it for them.

Just watched the play in question again.

5 guys run passing routes.

All 5 lineman stay in to pass block.

Tommy immediately looks to pass.

Ozigbo swims past a defender and immediately looks back for the ball.

I've seen called running plays a time or two, that certainly didn't look like one of them. 11 guys all ran the same play, none of them did anything that would indicated it was a called QB Sweep.

Riley should have simply just admitted his error. Not a good look.

• Fire 1

Myself, worse than Miracle at the Meadowland

Giants were ahead and could easily have run out the final seconds; they had the ball and the Eagles had no timeouts left. Everyone watching expected quarterback Joe Pisarcik to take one more snap and kneel with the ball, thus running out the clock and preserving a 17–12 Giants upset. Instead, he botched an attempt to hand off the football to fullback Larry Csonka. Edwards picked up the dropped ball and ran 26 yards for the winning score

LINKY

It's not on Tommy, it's on the coaches. Sounds like they hung Tommy out to dry.

No.

If the coaches actually called a pass and are now hiding, that is highly unusual and should be criticized as such.

But if Tommy made that disaster of a decision on his own, then he has to face the music on it. He has to man up and say that he should've had better awareness of the situation than to try what he did. It's not the first time he pressed at the end of a game this year and it resulted in a very bad outcome.

It wouldn't be beneficial, nor appropriate, for the coaches to shield Tommy from the blame on this like he's in the 3rd grade. We love Tommy. We'll stand behind him, most of us. He's a great player and one of the team leaders and so much fun to watch and cheer for. With that, comes expectation: own the screw ups, and move on. A QB needs a short memory about his bad decisions, and here's an opportunity to practice that.

• Fire 1

I've seen called running plays a time or two, that certainly didn't look like one of them. 11 guys all ran the same play, none of them did anything that would indicated it was a called QB Sweep.

Obviously, the quarterback called his own play and gave the coaches the middle finger.

#pointthethumb

The key would be Ozigbo. A bootleg action that goes away from the play, I'm not sure those guys are running pass routes. Would you expect them to start blocking defenders on the opposite side of the bootleg, or try to take opponents away from the play? I'd expect the latter.

Ozigbo whiffing on his guy or not, I don't know.

In any case, if the coaches actually called a pass option, they should be the ones owning it.