Shawn Eichorst

ndobney

Kinda funny how Pedy and Eich were eager to jump up and issue stern, bold declarations about how HE will not allow this program to "slip into mediocrity" or "become Iowa" and then have nothing to say while we plunge downward so fast it pulls your lips back from your teeth. :confucius

As for why Harv would allow a lawyer to pick the coach? Harvey = Lawyer :leghump:

As the story was related to me, the Booster Illuminati had to get together and put the financial gun to Harv's head to replace Pedy with TO. A move he tried to thwart when first asked by locking up those big buyout and contract extensions for Pedy and Cally. Harv may not be able to carry a tune but he damn sure can carry a grudge, evidenced by the exclusion of any input from TO on a successor AD.

Kinda funny how Pedy and Eich were eager to jump up and issue stern, bold declarations about how HE will not allow this program to "slip into mediocrity" or "become Iowa" and then have nothing to say while we plunge downward so fast it pulls your lips back from your teeth. :confucius

As for why Harv would allow a lawyer to pick the coach? Harvey = Lawyer :leghump:

As the story was related to me, the Booster Illuminati had to get together and put the financial gun to Harv's head to replace Pedy with TO. A move he tried to thwart when first asked by locking up those big buyout and contract extensions for Pedy and Cally. Harv may not be able to carry a tune but he damn sure can carry a grudge, evidenced by the exclusion of any input from TO on a successor AD.

agree, f#*k Harv!

It is true. There is no way Riley is fired after this season.

However, Riley most certainely can just retire after this season. I am sure Riley is not use to this heat he is getting, he is probably mind blown at the fact he is getting so much heat 5 games into the season for losing. A 2-3 record at Oregon State and no one says a word, because no one cares.

And he may retire. You look at the heat he is getting just 5 games into the season, the fact that his demeanor on the sidelines is a "I dont really care" Seriously, his headset mic is never down, it's always up. Reminds me of Brady Hoke at Michigan not even wearing a head set. And his hands are always in his sweat shirt pockets as he just strolls the sidelines, talking to no one, coaching no one.

It isn't a fire Riley movement that will get things going, because firing a coach after 1 season just wont happen. a Retire Riley movement is more fitting.

That would be wonderful (retirement), and would take care of the contract buyout problem.

As great as that sounds, no way ( barring health concerns) that he walks away from this golden parachute that Shawn gave him.

If he did that, I'd be even dumber than the final 2 minutes last Saturday.

he will suck off the Eichorst tit for a couple years before retirement.............piss poor hire by Shawn!

I could write a lot about this topic, but I wont. All I will say is that I wholeheartedly believe in EIchorst and what he is trying to do at this university.

You mean collect about a million per year while he waits for Barry to retire?

You talked to him about it? It doesn't seem that way to me. The conversation I've had with him didn't give me that vibe. Ive been wrong before though, so I guess we just wait and see

I could write a lot about this topic, but I wont. All I will say is that I wholeheartedly believe in EIchorst and what he is trying to do at this university.

You talked to him about it? It doesn't seem that way to me. The conversation I've had with him didn't give me that vibe. Ive been wrong before though, so I guess we just wait and see

I'd honestly love to hear more.

But actions speak louder than words.

The idea that Shawn Eichorst is a shoe-in for the Wisconsin AD job is a pretty bold assumption to made, and is only done so to cast him in a light of an uninterested person hired only by Harvey Perlman to get rid of Bo.

I asked this question before, but I'll ask it again: Why on Earth would Wisconsin hire Eichorst in light of a potential failed hire here at Nebraska?

• Fire 1

The idea that Shawn Eichorst is a shoe-in for the Wisconsin AD job is a pretty bold assumption to made, and is only done so to cast him in a light of an uninterested person hired only by Harvey Perlman to get rid of Bo.

I asked this question before, but I'll ask it again: Why on Earth would Wisconsin hire Eichorst in light of a potential failed hire here at Nebraska?

Maybe he's doing what Barry says. Its been noted Eichorst went to Barry for some "guidance" before he made the hire.

And write a bunch of CYA policies that have changed the feel of the program from "Family" to "Bureaucratic"?

And write a bunch of CYA policies that have changed the feel of the program from "Family" to "Bureaucratic"?
What exactly are you referring to?

Here are a couple of examples of the legal crap Pederhorst has put in place:

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=204982151

We used to always get lots of donations from coaches of autographed clothes, jerseys, balls, etc. for charity auctions and such. Pederhorst put a quick stop to that.

http://journalstar.com/business/local/no-more-husker-players-numbers-on-fan-jerseys/article_5ce22256-039f-545f-875e-127904b2c763.html

Another CYA knee jerk reaction. In his defense, quite a few other schools are doing this, but not all of them. It didn't need to be done.

And also, no more coaches at Big Red Breakfasts. Why?

Here are a couple of examples of the legal crap Pederhorst has put in place:

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=204982151

We used to always get lots of donations from coaches of autographed clothes, jerseys, balls, etc. for charity auctions and such. Pederhorst put a quick stop to that.

http://journalstar.com/business/local/no-more-husker-players-numbers-on-fan-jerseys/article_5ce22256-039f-545f-875e-127904b2c763.html

Another CYA knee jerk reaction. In his defense, quite a few other schools are doing this, but not all of them. It didn't need to be done.

And also, no more coaches at Big Red Breakfasts. Why?

There are a lot of schools that are following both of these policies now. And it's not a bad thing.