Shawn Eichorst

ndobney

I could write a lot about this topic, but I wont. All I will say is that I wholeheartedly believe in EIchorst and what he is trying to do at this university.

You mean collect about a million per year while he waits for Barry to retire?

And write a bunch of CYA policies that have changed the feel of the program from "Family" to "Bureaucratic"?
What exactly are you referring to?

Here are a couple of examples of the legal crap Pederhorst has put in place:

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=204982151

We used to always get lots of donations from coaches of autographed clothes, jerseys, balls, etc. for charity auctions and such. Pederhorst put a quick stop to that.

http://journalstar.com/business/local/no-more-husker-players-numbers-on-fan-jerseys/article_5ce22256-039f-545f-875e-127904b2c763.html

Another CYA knee jerk reaction. In his defense, quite a few other schools are doing this, but not all of them. It didn't need to be done.

And also, no more coaches at Big Red Breakfasts. Why?

The first one isn't struck down by Eichorst on his own. Most of that has to do with NCAA compliance. Meaning he doesn't have a say in the matter. They can still give away memorabilia that is autographed for charities and fundraisers, it says it in the article you linked. Unless you are affiliated with high school athletes or scholarship funds as to avoid impermissible benefit offerings.

I could write a lot about this topic, but I wont. All I will say is that I wholeheartedly believe in EIchorst and what he is trying to do at this university.

And write a bunch of CYA policies that have changed the feel of the program from "Family" to "Bureaucratic"?

We used to always get lots of donations from coaches of autographed clothes, jerseys, balls, etc. for charity auctions and such. Pederhorst put a quick stop to that.

http://journalstar.com/business/local/no-more-husker-players-numbers-on-fan-jerseys/article_5ce22256-039f-545f-875e-127904b2c763.html

Another CYA knee jerk reaction. In his defense, quite a few other schools are doing this, but not all of them. It didn't need to be done.

thanks to the SEC for the 1st and Sam Keller for the 2nd.

The first one isn't struck down by Eichorst on his own. Most of that has to do with NCAA compliance. Meaning he doesn't have a say in the matter. They can still give away memorabilia that is autographed for charities and fundraisers, it says it in the article you linked. Unless you are affiliated with high school athletes or scholarship funds as to avoid impermissible benefit offerings.

It's overreaching because of Eichorst. The only issue is charities that benefit HS kids. But he cut out all persoanl interaction with coaches on autographs. We had a charity auction that did not benefit HS kids and we could go straight to Ron Brown for personally autographed stuff. Now, we have to buy AD authorized stuff at a small discount. The coaches are not allowed to donate autographed stuff to ANY charity.

It's overreaching because of Eichorst. The only issue is charities that benefit HS kids. But he cut out all persoanl interaction with coaches on autographs. We had a charity auction that did not benefit HS kids and we could go straight to Ron Brown for personally autographed stuff. Now, we have to buy AD authorized stuff at a small discount. The coaches are not allowed to donate autographed stuff to ANY charity.

That is happening everywhere. it's not exclusive to Nebraska.

That is happening everywhere. it's not exclusive to Nebraska.

Nebraska may not be the only one doing it, but it isn't happening everywhere. There are plenty of schools where coaches are able to autograph a jersey and donate it to a charity. Nebraska coaches are not allowed to do that any more.

Why does everyone gloss over Tom Osborne as AD? It's not like he went out and did a thorough search of the best possible coach we could get.

While you are correct, his two hires were head and shoulders above the 2 he didn't hire.

And you are correct as well. but we are no further ahead either way.

7 straight 9/10-4 seasons nets you just as many conference and national championships as 5-7 or worse seasons.

Again correct, but those 5-7 or worse seasons put you further away from championships and drop is farther into obscurity.

I think that TO realizes that those 9 and 10 win seasons aren't as easy to come by as some fans think they are.

There was nothing that Pelinii Riley did prior to being hired that would suggest he would be any better at getting to 9 or more wins.

FIFY

The idea that Shawn Eichorst is a shoe-in for the Wisconsin AD job is a pretty bold assumption to made, and is only done so to cast him in a light of an uninterested person hired only by Harvey Perlman to get rid of Bo.

I asked this question before, but I'll ask it again: Why on Earth would Wisconsin hire Eichorst in light of a potential failed hire here at Nebraska?

Maybe he's doing what Barry says. Its been noted Eichorst went to Barry for some "guidance" before he made the hire.

Master plan know you want the Wisconsin AD job, so to ensure success. Become AD at rival school hire crappy coach, leave rival school become AD at Wisconsin, and enjoy winning.

Why does everyone gloss over Tom Osborne as AD? It's not like he went out and did a thorough search of the best possible coach we could get.

While you are correct, his two hires were head and shoulders above the 2 he didn't hire.

7 straight 9/10-4 seasons nets you just as many conference and national championships as 5-7 or worse seasons.

Again correct, but those 5-7 or worse seasons put you further away from championships and drop is farther into obscurity.

I think that TO realizes that those 9 and 10 win seasons aren't as easy to come by as some fans think they are.

There was nothing that Pelinii Riley did prior to being hired that would suggest he would be any better at getting to 9 or more wins.

FIFY

You didn't fix anything. We were discussing Pelini. Not Riley

FIFY

Every college or pro team that ever had Bo on staff won at least 9 games.

FIFY

I care about what he did here. And that's not win championships. 9 wins means nothing.

Urban Meyer had seasons of 9-3, 9-4, and 8-5 at Florida. No one gives a sh#t. You know why? Because he won championships.

FIFY

I care about what he did here. And that's not win championships. 9 wins means nothing.

Urban Meyer had seasons of 9-3, 9-4, and 8-5 at Florida. No one gives a sh#t. You know why? Because he won championships.

In that light, what do you think of Mike Riley? Do you put a lot of stock in that grey cup when he went 9-9 in an 8 team league 30 years ago?

The original statement was "there was nothing that Pelini did prior to being hired that would suggest he would be any better at getting to 9 or more wins."

My reply showed there was plenty of evidence to show Pelini should be capable of winning at least 9 games per year.

FIFY

In that light, what do you think of Mike Riley? Do you put a lot of stock in that grey cup when he went 9-9 in an 8 team league 30 years ago?

The original statement was "there was nothing that Pelini did prior to being hired that would suggest he would be any better at getting to 9 or more wins."

My reply showed there was plenty of evidence to show Pelini should be capable of winning at least 9 games per year.

I don't care what Mike Riley did 30 years ago. I care about what he does at Nebraska now.

Pelini being a LB coach for the Packers is not evidence that he can win as a HC. And again. he won nothing of substance while here so who cares?

FIFY

I don't care what Mike Riley did 30 years ago. I care about what he does at Nebraska now.

Pelini being a LB coach for the Packers is not evidence that he can win as a HC. And again. he won nothing of substance while here so who cares?

He won his division half the time. How much difference is there between winning a 6 or 7 team division and winning the old Big 8?

It's obvious that you don't like to hear anything about Pelini, so I suggest you stop talking about him. I will correct any fallacies I see posted.

FIFY

He won his division half the time. How much difference is there between winning a 6 or 7 team division and winning the old Big 8?

It's obvious that you don't like to hear anything about Pelini, so I suggest you stop talking about him. I will correct any fallacies I see posted.

You want to talk about what Pelini did at Nebraska, we can talk about it.

You want to talk about Riley at Nebraska, we can talk about it.

Nothing else matters in my opinion. It's all in the past. And we can show several instances from several coaches about how they did here or there or wherever at any given point of time to "prove our point". But none of it matters because it's about what happens AT NEBRASKA.