Shawn Eichorst

ndobney

Why does everyone gloss over Tom Osborne as AD? It's not like he went out and did a thorough search of the best possible coach we could get.

While you are correct, his two hires were head and shoulders above the 2 he didn't hire.

And you are correct as well. but we are no further ahead either way.

7 straight 9/10-4 seasons nets you just as many conference and national championships as 5-7 or worse seasons.

Again correct, but those 5-7 or worse seasons put you further away from championships and drop is farther into obscurity.

I think that TO realizes that those 9 and 10 win seasons aren't as easy to come by as some fans think they are.

There was nothing that Pelinii Riley did prior to being hired that would suggest he would be any better at getting to 9 or more wins.

FIFY

You didn't fix anything. We were discussing Pelini. Not Riley

Every college or pro team that ever had Bo on staff won at least 9 games.

I care about what he did here. And that's not win championships. 9 wins means nothing.

Urban Meyer had seasons of 9-3, 9-4, and 8-5 at Florida. No one gives a sh#t. You know why? Because he won championships.

In that light, what do you think of Mike Riley? Do you put a lot of stock in that grey cup when he went 9-9 in an 8 team league 30 years ago?

The original statement was "there was nothing that Pelini did prior to being hired that would suggest he would be any better at getting to 9 or more wins."

My reply showed there was plenty of evidence to show Pelini should be capable of winning at least 9 games per year.

I don't care what Mike Riley did 30 years ago. I care about what he does at Nebraska now.

Pelini being a LB coach for the Packers is not evidence that he can win as a HC. And again. he won nothing of substance while here so who cares?

He won his division half the time. How much difference is there between winning a 6 or 7 team division and winning the old Big 8?

It's obvious that you don't like to hear anything about Pelini, so I suggest you stop talking about him. I will correct any fallacies I see posted.

If you want to talk 408, this is all you need to know.

Bh1YP5M.jpg

• Fire 1

How many head coaches in college football history have never won less than 9 games in a season?

Answer: 2. Tom Osborne and Bo Pelini

Keep 'em coming, Radar!

How many have never win less than 9 games, while also never winning anything of substance?

Answer: 1. Bo Pelini

You want to talk about what Pelini did at Nebraska, we can talk about it.

He's no longer our coach.

Let it Bo, let it Bo.

You want to talk about Riley at Nebraska, we can talk about it.

Nothing else matters in my opinion. It's all in the past.

I remember when this was the narrative. Those who were skeptical of the hire were told this. Now, we see that much of what this staff did at OSU they are doing here.

With better athletes.

And getting similar results.

His past is absolutely relevant. Our former staff no longer is.

How many head coaches in college football history have never won less than 9 games in a season?

Keep 'em coming, Radar!

That's what I call a sobering fact. Wow...they fu**ed up big-time by firing Bo...it just cannot be denied when you consider all aspects, including monetary.

You want to talk about what Pelini did at Nebraska, we can talk about it.

He's no longer our coach.

Let it Bo, let it Bo.

You want to talk about Riley at Nebraska, we can talk about it.

Nothing else matters in my opinion. It's all in the past.

I remember when this was the narrative. Those who were skeptical of the hire were told this. Now, we see that much of what this staff did at OSU they are doing here.

With better athletes.

And getting similar results.

His past is absolutely relevant. Our former staff no longer is.

You don't get to tell me what is relevant and what isn't.

I decide how I observe each new coaching staff and each season.

Go try talking sh#t to someone else.

Keep 'em coming, Radar!

How many have never win less than 9 games, while also never winning anything of substance?

TO didn't win anything of substance in his first 7 seasons either.

Keep 'em coming, Radar!

He shared 2 Big 8 conference championships. If you don't count those then we can't count 1984 or 1991 conference championships or 1997 National Championship.

Keep 'em coming, Radar!

He shared 2 Big 8 conference championships. If you don't count those then we can't count 1984 or 1991 conference championships or 1997 National Championship.

Twice tied for 1st in an 8 team conference? How does that differ from 3 outright division titles? Sounds pretty similar to me.

Keep 'em coming, Radar!

Twice tied for 1st in an 8 team conference? How does that differ from 3 outright division titles? Sounds pretty similar to me.

2 outright division titles. But then again, I was talking about Osborne and his winning. Not Pelini.