How Could Nebraska Beat Wisconsin?

Bowfin

Probably how it's going to go. Chryst was the OC in this 33-0 UW win back in 2011

"You got a good team"

:facepalm:

Best team Wisconsin has had in some time. This team is not that one.

I believe it was 35-0 Wisc-OSU. I forgot we were ranked #8 going into the Wiscy game that year and lost 48-17 http://espn.go.com/college-football/boxscore?gameId=312740275 . 31 vs. 35 point losses, not much difference. That was OSU's biggest loss and ended the season 3-9 while we went 9-4. Their defense is tough and it will be a challenge but I don't see a shutout.

Humble pie. Wisky lost to Iowa, who is undefeated. They actually might have a legit Defense. Offense is horrible, but good, solid Defense. Wisky has played better teams thus far. Wisky probably has more overall skill players on both sides of the ball currently.

Will DPE ever come back, or is this a Redshirt year at this point given the current record?

I see a valiant effort by the Huskers, but fall short--24-16. Wisky defense will score a touchdown in this game. That will be the difference. We have two drives stall at the 15 yard line and settle for Field goals. Thats my take as of right now.

Back to topic of How could they win..............No matter who your coaches are, players need to play to win. Instead this group, even dating back to last year, has tendencies to play to not lose. Ameer was the only player last year that could be counted on to play each possession like it was life or death. The rest seem like its no big deal. That still continues this year, we just don't have AMeer for the healing process. I say, let Tommy sit a game and see if the team responds better to different leadership. Thats my winning solution.

no, you got to let Tommie play and hope he makes more good decisions than bad.............

Nebraska isn't winning the game this week being committed to the run game. Sorry. It's just not happening. They ONLY way NU beats Wisconsin is if TA has a hay day throwing the ball with some runs sprinkled in here and there

Regardless of what column the play is tallied on the box score, Nebraska has to account for Schobert. He is living in opponent's backfields this season. He doesn't seem to care what you call your play.

So, we want to see the Husker do better, but when suggested for different ways for that to happen, such as play a different QB, thats not it, run the ball more is the answer. Guess what, if we can't make some simple passes for first downs, the run game won't gain 2 yards per carry. I agree, it should be more run oriented. Both ways. Need to run to set up play action. Need to pass to get some defenses to back out of the box. Its about leadership. QB leads the team. I don't see the leadership from that position.

I don't see any leadership. I don't see a team, even in week one, didn't see a team that had confidence in itself. Its coaching, and its players. Its both. I don't like Riley right now, but I also question the players since they are mostly Pelini recruits. I guess when you look at the whole picture, this program was in worse shape than its record would indicate. Not to mention, last year schedule was set up for Nebraska to win 9 games. No BYU, Miam has improved, Illinois was at Illini country. Two road losses. That happens.

Maybe to take a step back, Riley needs to have season to recruit his talent for his system. You can't pound a square peg into a round hole, but if all you have is square pegs, your screwed regardless.

• Fire 1

Well, considering we are 108th in total defense and 128th (DEAD LAST) in passing defense, I guess we pray to God that Wisconsin is stupid enough to not try to pass.

Amazingly the Blackshirts are #15 against the run, so clearly we have to hope Wisconsin is dumb enough to run, run, run against us.

I have some small hope that this will not be a blowout.... but frankly, the signs are all there...