What it's looking like...

As a side note with some correlation to NU: Charlie Strong is having a disastrous season at Texas. His defense is on the field 35 minutes a game, and they are getting trounced. However, that is a defense that will be tough next year because of this... experience is never a bad thing.

Here is the current state of Nebraska Football...

Current ranking of teams we have played:

Miami - ranked 56th in nation L

Illinois - ranked 54th in nation L

BYU - ranked 37th in nation L

Southern Miss ranked 85th in nation W

South Alabama ranked 115th in nation W

Nebraska currently ranked 58th in the nation - Hip Hip Hooray!!

Why are you creating these negative stats! H8OR!!@!!

Will anybody from this years team get drafted?????? This may be a year they don't. I really can't see a senior that is worthy. Just another glaring fact that 408 left the cupboard bare of Riley and company. Really sad.

All the players suck. They might as well give up. smh

Instead of giving a dumb answer, maybe you could answer the question. Is there a senior that will be drafted??

Will anybody from this years team get drafted?????? This may be a year they don't. I really can't see a senior that is worthy. Just another glaring fact that 408 left the cupboard bare of Riley and company. Really sad.

All the players suck. They might as well give up. smh

Instead of giving a dumb answer, maybe you could answer the question. Is there a senior that will be drafted??

Not the way they're being coached. 500 is losing some of these guys a lot of money. He should pay a few of them back with his fat salary.

No matter how much MR sucks this year, he's not going anywhere. Even if he finds a way to go 2-10, he'll still be here next year. Only way he gets fired this year if they catch him dropping a deuce in TO's yard, punching an old lady from Ord, or telling the guys in North Platte to STFU.

He'll be here next year if he gets them to a bowl at 7-5 or 8-4. And the Rileyists will crow he's bringing us "back". He'll be gone if they're 6-6 or worse.

Unless he performs some sort of miracle, with MR at the helm, this is at best, a 8-4 program, maybe 9-3. Through 6 games, I haven't seen anything to lead me to believe he knows what he's doing. From the offensive play calling, to the "who's the RB gonna be this week", to the inability to stop the pass, are evidence of this. In Corvallis, he was tucked away, in the middle to bottom tier of the Pac10/12, where an 8 or 9 win season was good enough. I think he may have bitten off more than he can chew coming here. What would have led to a few grumbles at Or St, turns to pitchforks and angry mobs in Lincoln.

We're stuck with him for the minimum of 2 years. I wish I could see some evidence of this getting turned around, but I can't.

FIFM