What it's looking like...

All true, Walks. And even the people like me who support Riley are a bit dismayed by some of the things we've seen so far. Like clock management. And boneheaded moves at the end of games. And incredibly weak pass coverage. But it doesn't help things to be calling for Riley's head at this stage. It's just not going to happen.

I guess we just have to hope that Riley fixes the on-field problems. Pronto. And pulls in a decent recruiting class. This season is pretty much in the toilet. We just need to muddle through and get better for next year.

• Fire 4

6-6 would get us to the Hersheys/Snickers Bowl.......and a lot more practice time which we need to develop the team.

But with the coaching we have, 6-6 is not looking very likely. Even games like Purdue are now no longer a sure thing with the way the staff has been "coaching".

And even if we make a bowl game...is anyone really going to be excited about it and go?

6-6 would get us to the Hersheys/Snickers Bowl.......and a lot more practice time which we need to develop the team.

But with the coaching we have, 6-6 is not looking very likely. Even games like Purdue are now no longer a sure thing with the way the staff has been "coaching".

And even if we make a bowl game...is anyone really going to be excited about it and go?

I would be exited and go. Just cause I love my Huskers win or lose.. But Yes I do get what you are saying..

All true, Walks. And even the people like me who support Riley are a bit dismayed by some of the things we've seen so far. Like clock management. And boneheaded moves at the end of games. And incredibly weak pass coverage. But it doesn't help things to be calling for Riley's head at this stage. It's just not going to happen.

I guess we just have to hope that Riley fixes the on-field problems. Pronto. And pulls in a decent recruiting class. This season is pretty much in the toilet. We just need to muddle through and get better for next year.

Don't count on that. The class is currently ranked #40 on Rivals with only 4-5 spots still open, and hardly any offers out to any 4* players with any interest.

• Fire 2

Maybe if we draw Ohio or Oregon State? That could be interesting.

At this point, I don't see us going 6-6. With the games remaining, I see it like this:

Wisconsin - L

Minnesota - L

Northwestern - L

Purdue - W

Mich St - L

Rutgers - W

Iowa - L

So, being 2-3 now I see us being 4-8 or maybe 5-7. It's going to be a long season.

I agree with your take on the rest of the season except for the Purdue game...I see us losing that one too, putting us at 3-9 for the season.

• Fire 1

I would be exited and go. Just cause I love my Huskers win or lose.. But Yes I do get what you are saying..

Right. Not saying I won't watch, and if it were close by, I'd go. But yeah, no one is going to be excited to be playing in the FightHunger.com bowl or the Bell Helicopter bowl. :-|

Don't count on that. The class is currently ranked #40 on Rivals with only 4-5 spots still open, and hardly any offers out to any 4* players with any interest.

Can you stop? I've never seen you in the recruiting section, ever. That statement is a complete lie. I understand being upset - everyone is right now. But you've thrown this line around multiple times since Saturday and it's just plain false.

• Fire 4

Maybe if you took an interest in recruiting, you could see how foolish you look by posting such crap.

Can you stop? I've never seen you in the recruiting section, ever. That statement is a complete lie. I understand being upset - everyone is right now. But you've thrown this line around multiple times since Saturday and it's just plain false.

Just checked rivals and we are in fact ranked 40th.

The rest I'm not sure about. With attrition I'd assume that we have 10 or so open slots, but we really aren't in on that many highly rated recruits, from my understanding.

While his recruiting is slightly better here than at OSU, it's not yet better than his predecessor. And let's also not forget that the previous staff got 2 of the highest rated players in this class.

• Fire 2