Who thinks there will be some "booing" this weekend at home?

There are only two times I will boo in the stadium:

1. After really bad calls by the refs

2. Halloween

ghost_boo.gif?w=100&h=100

This is the hypocrisy I always love about this discussion. Boo coaches or players= classless douchbags. Boo refs= totally acceptable, even encouraged.

Gotta love it!

If we gets refs like the ones this past weekend, or the ones who didn't call a flag on that hit on Sutton in week 1 then yeah they should definitely be booed.

Case in point.
You've got no case.

You've got no point.

And your opinion sucks.

If you can't see the difference between booing your own players or coaches and booing refs for bad calls, there is no helping you I'm afraid. Good luck with whatever it is you got going on there.

• Fire 1

It's obvious that we need three distinct catcalls to distinguish if we are showing our displeasure for the referees, the coaches, or the players.

Players should only be booed for something like kicking another player who is unconscious, punching a cheerleader, pulling a Texas A&M in a dogpile, or something that offends human sensibilities. A loud "No!" could replace the boo.

Coaches can be booed for not going for it on 4th down, passing (incomplete) on second or third and one, not using the clock and timeouts correctly, and utilizing the "prevent" defense / three man rush. "Bah!" would make the point and sound distinctive enough so as not to be confused with a "no" or a "boo".

Refs can be booed for televisions timeouts, bad calls, reviews that last more than 45 seconds, or wearing stripes and having hats. The traditional "boo" would be used.

So, if I understand this, we never boo, because we are too classy. Yet, we think our HC should be fired after 5 games (subset of "fans"), ran our last coach out of town on a rail for only winning 9 games a season and can't win a championship even though we are champions. The attendance record is the most important claim we have, but the fans must continue to support the program financially and suffer through mediocrity.

I don't get it. I have been (one of) the last handful of fans remaining in the stadium after the last two road games I have been to. There was no standing by the road and cheering as the victor walked by. There were angry, Husker fans that were just like the opponents we mock and ridicule. That's fact. We aren't at all who we profess to be. We aren't. We're not smarter or better than anyone. We are simply a fan base that is passionate for our team, who want to support them with all of our hearts, yet suffer through year after year of suck that we cannot control. We are frustrated and have lost our way. (see what I did there?)

I challenge all of you, to go out there tomorrow and cheer in support for the team. Regardless of whether you like our AD or our HC or whatever. Show up and support the program, the players and the staff who give so much to us. If we get blown out (again) by Wisconsin, then accept that they are the better team and stay in the stadium to the bitter end, cheer for them and then regroup for there will be another game. Maybe we lose that one too and this season becomes a total disaster. Even if that happens, are we not Huskers? I say we are, through good times and bad.

So my challenge is to quit being a-holes. Be the fan we think that we are (but REALLY aren't). Everyone I talk too makes fun of us because we are stupid. Let's band together and stop the insanity. Riley is our coach. Maybe .500 is who we are destined to be as a result. Even if that is the case, I am STILL A HUSKER. No matter what. I am going to stop being a douche though. Hope you can too.

I will be at the game, NorthEast corner. I've never started a fight in my life, but if I hear booing directed at our players or coaches or team as a whole, I will most likely open a 58 year old can of whoopassssss. There is no, absolutely NO cause to boo your team. If you are that unhappy, leave. Give away your tickets. Don't come back. Buh-bye.

Sec. 38, I got your back.

So, if I understand this, we never boo, because we are too classy. Yet, we think our HC should be fired after 5 games (subset of "fans"), ran our last coach out of town on a rail for only winning 9 games a season and can't win a championship even though we are champions. The attendance record is the most important claim we have, but the fans must continue to support the program financially and suffer through mediocrity.

I don't get it. I have been (one of) the last handful of fans remaining in the stadium after the last two road games I have been to. There was no standing by the road and cheering as the victor walked by. There were angry, Husker fans that were just like the opponents we mock and ridicule. That's fact. We aren't at all who we profess to be. We aren't. We're not smarter or better than anyone. We are simply a fan base that is passionate for our team, who want to support them with all of our hearts, yet suffer through year after year of suck that we cannot control. We are frustrated and have lost our way. (see what I did there?)

I challenge all of you, to go out there tomorrow and cheer in support for the team. Regardless of whether you like our AD or our HC or whatever. Show up and support the program, the players and the staff who give so much to us. If we get blown out (again) by Wisconsin, then accept that they are the better team and stay in the stadium to the bitter end, cheer for them and then regroup for there will be another game. Maybe we lose that one too and this season becomes a total disaster. Even if that happens, are we not Huskers? I say we are, through good times and bad.

So my challenge is to quit being a-holes. Be the fan we think that we are (but REALLY aren't). Everyone I talk too makes fun of us because we are stupid. Let's band together and stop the insanity. Riley is our coach. Maybe .500 is who we are destined to be as a result. Even if that is the case, I am STILL A HUSKER. No matter what. I am going to stop being a douche though. Hope you can too.

The stupid A-holes on this board don't even realize they are stupid A-holes. I am guessing that a few even actually attend a game.

• Fire 1

Do the opposite.. cheer extra loud. Cheer like crazy when Alex Lewis gets announced and show that we have his back.

I get he is kind of an idiot, but he is our idiot.

I in no way support Alex Lewis. Terrible example for our younger generations to see in a Husker uniform. Hell, Riley kept him a captain. Which is baffling.

I've never started a fight in my life, but if I hear booing directed at our players or coaches or team as a whole, I will most likely open a 58 year old can of whoopassssss.

So you are going with the "I will commit an unprovoked assault on another fan to enforce good behavior" strategy... :dumdum

If the game doesn't go well, I will be surprised if there isn't fisticuffs between Nebraskans somewhere in the stadium.

It's obvious that we need three distinct catcalls to distinguish if we are showing our displeasure for the referees, the coaches, or the players.

Players should only be booed for something like kicking another player who is unconscious, punching a cheerleader, pulling a Texas A&M in a dogpile, or something that offends human sensibilities. A loud "No!" could replace the boo.

Coaches can be booed for not going for it on 4th down, passing (incomplete) on second or third and one, not using the clock and timeouts correctly, and utilizing the "prevent" defense / three man rush. "Bah!" would make the point and sound distinctive enough so as not to be confused with a "no" or a "boo".

Refs can be booed for televisions timeouts, bad calls, reviews that last more than 45 seconds, or wearing stripes and having hats. The traditional "boo" would be used.

Oh if only this could get organized...I love it. Still laughing after taking time to log in and comment.